The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Looks very much to me as if Swindon are hoping Williams walk without the need for a payoff. Maybe he should give MON a call and get some legal advice about constructive dismissal ;) 

I had TS on in the car for a bit yesterday, they had Alvin Martin (sp) and some other fella doing a brief roundup of the weekends football. When they got to our result they started rambling on about how harshly we treated Tim. 

Have they not seen the news that he is currently in a made up postion at Swindon Town ffs. He is there for a reason you plums. 

19 minutes ago, av1 said:

I had TS on in the car for a bit yesterday, they had Alvin Martin (sp) and some other fella doing a brief roundup of the weekends football. When they got to our result they started rambling on about how harshly we treated Tim. 

Have they not seen the news that he is currently in a made up postion at Swindon Town ffs. He is there for a reason you plums. 

Media sticking up for the old boy's club.  It's so pathetically transparent.

36 minutes ago, av1 said:

We did treat him badly, we treated Paul Lambert badly, we really went to town on Garde.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KHV said:

We did treat him badly

How? By sacking him when he had clearly demonstrated beyond all doubt that he hadn't the first clue how to be a football manager? Or by giving someone like him with no qualifications or experience a great job with a premier league club?

On 11/21/2016 at 14:18, KHV said:

we really went to town on Garde.

Only wins against lower league Wycombe (at the 2nd attempt), relegated Norwich and a Palace team who have the lowest points per game in 2016 of any of the 92 football league clubs. Worst full time manager in our history and it's not even close. He makes Tim look like Capello.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Only wins against lower league Wycombe (at the 2nd attempt), relegated Norwich and a Palace team who have the lowest points per game in 2016 of any of the 92 football league clubs. Worst full time manager in our history and it's not even close. He makes Tim look like Capello.

He does get an asterisk though.  The board refused to do any business in January, accepting their fate, meaning the broken men Garde inherited from Sherwood were the exact same broken men he had right up to the end.  That doesn't mean he wasn't terrible.  But it certainly all but guaranteed his 'record-breaking' run.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/11/2016 at 14:18, KHV said:

We did treat him badly, we treated Paul Lambert badly, we really went to town on Garde.

Absolutely this. It's since become clear we had the shittest football set up in the country, possibly the world, so I think those three get let off any wider judgment about their abilities. Just painful reminders.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw in a different thread, the mention of some 'banter with Tim' before or during the QPR match yesterday. Could somebody enlighten me on what was being said/gesticulated pleased? One VT member has described it as 'embarrassing.' Interested to know what happened.

Â