The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

55 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

OMG what have you done Swindon!!! 

He's good mates with their owner...they played together at Norwich.

He was frequently at Swindon games when he was here watching Lugano who surprisingly hasn't amounted to much.

I am surprised at the title...he is effectively manager but seems they didn't want to dismiss the head coach but he has little authority now.

5 hours ago, skarroki said:

DOF at Swindon? How is this the most bizarre news story I've heard this week? 

Don't they mean Director of footballs?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Wouldn't even trust him with that job. It would be Bradley Walsh in Mike Bassett all over again.

" Hmmm. Nike or Adidas? I see Samsung are moving into sporting goods now. Their balls come with a little cartoon mouse wearing a fez on it, so that has sold me. Lets order 500, just for starters."

Tim Sherwood. Director of footballs.

Edited by AJ

Did anyone see his interview on Sky regarding this move?  It was horrible.

Basically saying he has the final say on what first team goes out, it will be an honour for the Swindon manager to work with Tim Sherwood because... well, it's always good to get help from someone.

If you can find it somewhere, watch it.  And cringe quite a lot.

This isn't going to end well, very similar to another cockney wideboy, Dennis Wise. He managed to blag himself into a job he wasn't qualified for purely on not what you know, who you know.

I look forward to the shit hitting the fan in a few months time, and Tim's reputation (if he has one) going down the toilet even further.

18 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes, basically he is director of football but he won't be sitting in an office, he will be on the training pitch, in charge of tactics, transfers and team selections.

Current manager might aswell just cut his own nuts off now.

i hope he quits and sues for constructive dismissal.

• Like 1

Gonna throw it out there, when times were good (i.e. the period between beating West Brom/Leicester and losing to Southampton, embarrassingly), Tim actually grew on me. Admittedly in the same way hair begins to grow from inside your ear but grew on me nevertheless ;)

I still maintain that it was the 6-1 (should/could have been 10-1) defeat to Southampton that screwed it all up, or rather, Tim's reaction and handling of that result that screwed it all up.

In retrospect I guess it was always a matter of time as I believe he lacks the mentality to be a good Manager but the good times could have lasted for just a little longer potentially....

• Like 1

Â