The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I listened to the interview, he was full of praise for the fans. He didn't have to do it, O'Leary certainly never did.

I really don't understand the hate he gets on here compared to Lambert.

Personally I wouldn't abuse either.

its bizarre but apparently Villa fans dont like a guy that was brash and wanted us to be a bigger club than the owner wanted us to be

• Like 2

its bizarre but apparently Villa fans dont like a guy that was brash and wanted us to be a bigger club than the owner wanted us to be

There's not a single villa fan who doesn't like Sherwood for THAT reason.

Your hard on for Sherwood is embarrassing.

The reason people didn't/don't like him is because he was the worst manager most of us have ever seen.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There's not a single villa fan who doesn't like Sherwood for THAT reason.

Your hard on for Sherwood is embarrassing.

The reason people didn't/don't like him is because he was the worst manager most of us have ever seen.

said it before that I only like Tim so much because he made me like Villa again after Lambert single-handed made me not care about the club with his "tactics". Lambert is easily the worst "manager" I have ever had the shame of watching his teams

• Like 1

That's fine. Even if I do think it's nonsense.

That's not reason to start making things up like the reason villa fans don't like Sherwood is because he was ambitious (I've paraphrased)

That is total bollocks, and like I said there's not a single villa fan who doesn't like him for that reason.

We don't like him because he was a terrible manager. You might not agree with that assessment of his ability, but that doesn't change the fact that that's why he's disliked. Not the nonsense you came up with in an attempt to defend him.

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That's fine. Even if I do think it's nonsense.

That's not reason to start making things up like the reason villa fans don't like Sherwood is because he was ambitious (I've paraphrased)

That is total bollocks, and like I said there's not a single villa fan who doesn't like him for that reason.

We don't like him because he was a terrible manager. You might not agree with that assessment of his ability, but that doesn't change the fact that that's why he's disliked. Not the nonsense you came up with in an attempt to defend him.

The thing I didnt like about Sherwood was the nonsense he use to talk. Like first half against Blose he said he instructed them to play like that before second half mixing it up. What a load of crap, we were terrible first half he had no choice but to bring on ayew and grealish we would have lost otherwise

It's no good crying over spilt milk.

our opinions are just that.

we need to move on.

i just think in a melee of poor decisions, poor performances, poor results and just about every meaningful thing about the club having a downer on it.....is it surprising any manager gets a fair appraisal.

in a buggers muddle I wouldn't want to be the one to label any of them .....it's all so confusing who to blame for what as they were passing through.

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I wonder where he will end up. MLS is actually a decent shout. I think he could become a better manager there then return to England. 

There's probably a call centre dealing with missold PPI claims somewhere that would be able to make full use of his managerial skills.

36 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

In what way? Who has moved to the MLS and enhanced their career?

Loads of players from Mexico, Central American, South America, Africa, Europe, etc. If you followed the league, then you'd know a lot of internationals play there. Just because they aren't households names, doesn't mean they are playing there because they are going to retire. A lot, and I mean a lot of North and South Americans use the league as a stepping stone.

I follow LA galaxy and they sign a lot of talent from central and south american nations. Most notably LA signed Juninho when he was young, groomed him into one of the best CMs in the league, then he moved on Mexico despite having offers in Europe. 

Thought he meant as manager. Funnily enough Ruud Gullit was awful as manager at LA Galaxy although more motivation with him ever since he left Chelsea I think as he did well there.

Owen Coyle isn't going to get a decent job back here anytime soon for anything he does at Houston Dyanmo.

That said it's quite an easy job for any out of work British manager to take e.g can live in a great country, where most players speak English so you don't have to learn another language and you can also work with some great players you wouldn't in the U.K e.g. Adrian Heath working with Kaka at Orlando.

As for Sherwood, same as with Lambert. A club in the bottom half of the championship.

Â