The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

lol, erm, ye sure, questionable buys and questionable tactics shows that he needs a few more years mananging lower league teams

tactics sure but buys? not so sure i agree with that. he has left us with not a abd looking squad its just he couldnt get the best out of them. hopefully sherwood will

I've taken the time to reflect on this appointment and my thought process right now is that this could be good. I personally don't expect Tim Sherwood to be this knight in shining armour that will get it all fixed right away, but he doesn't need to, as he's said we will win games and we will lose games before the season is over and he's not going to have a perfect run. All I am going to do is support Sherwood as I do the rest of the team and hope, seriously hope that come the end of the season we are at the very least 17th and no lower..

For too long our players have been terrified of making a mistake, see Carlos Sanchez he's nearly afraid to play the ball forward,

I think that is more a case of our forward players being so afraid that Sanchez would pass to them that they went and hid, but I take your point.

That fact which is your opinion. 

No it is a fact, you only have to look at all of the records he broke as Villa manager

No it's an opinion.

If you said something like 'Lambert has the lowest points by a Villa manager' then yes it would be a fact.

However, what you said is purely subjective.

One thing I will say though is the marketing seems to be in place as the propaganda the club throw out seems to work on the more naieve of you.

God you are so **** wise mate.

I wish we were all as wise as you. Then we wouldn't all fall for the propaganda and conspiracy theories at Villa.

Sanchez didn't play at the weekend by the way, did you notice? Still a Lambert conspiracy?

Daz and his bantz has us wobbling again.

What's this got to do with Daz's Pants?? .....Oh! Bantz - aah! now I get it - sorry my bad! :P

One thing I will say though is the marketing seems to be in place as the propaganda the club throw out seems to work on the more naieve of you.

God you are so **** wise mate.

I wish we were all as wise as you. Then we wouldn't all fall for the propaganda and conspiracy theories at Villa.

Sanchez didn't play at the weekend by the way, did you notice? Still a Lambert conspiracy?

Daz and his bantz has us wobbling again.

Love the wobble.

• Like 1

For too long our players have been terrified of making a mistake, see Carlos Sanchez he's nearly afraid to play the ball forward,

I think that is more a case of our forward players being so afraid that Sanchez would pass to them that they went and hid, but I take your point.

You are both right.

• Like 1

That team was picked by a Lambert chronie big man but nevermind.

No I'm sure you're right and this wasn't a firefighting move 13 games from the end of a season just after saying the previous manager was staying put.

Its interesting the people who reply with their ”bantz” are the people I respect least with regards to their football knowledge.

Having said that this was a firefighting move I do think it is one that had to be taken although had we moved earlier we could have got a more experienced "firefighter" in,see pullis. But let's see what happens,just don't kid yourselves there's a grand plan

That fact which is your opinion. 

No it is a fact, you only have to look at all of the records he broke as Villa manager

No it's an opinion.

If you said something like 'Lambert has the lowest points by a Villa manager' then yes it would be a fact.

However, what you said is purely subjective.

Because of the records that Lambert broke, it cannot be construed as anything other than fact.

That team was picked by a Lambert chronie big man but nevermind.

No I'm sure you're right and this wasn't a firefighting move 13 games from the end of a season just after saying the previous manager was staying put.

Its interesting the people who reply with their ”bantz” are the people I respect least with regards to their football knowledge.

Having said that this was a firefighting move I do think it is one that had to be taken although had we moved earlier we could have got a more experienced "firefighter" in,see pullis. But let's see what happens,just don't kid yourselves there's a grand plan

What does a "firefighting move" mean?

Who has said there is a grand plan?

(OT: What's "bantz"? Yet another one I've never heard.)
Banter - term used to describe activities or chat that is playful, intelligent and original. Banter is something you either posses or lack, there is no middle ground. It is also something inherently English, stemming as it does from traditional hi-jinks and tomfoolery of British yesteryear.

"You, sir, are drunk"

"Maybe so but you are ugly and I will be sober in the morning"

"Good banter sir"

More recently Bantz is used after offending someone with an insult "it's only bantz!"

Edited by VillaCas
  • Like 2

Stevo firefighting as in putting put fires,reactionary moves to try put the flames out rather than preventing them in the first placd -being proactive

Some have suggested a new manager,CEO first team coach gives us some new continental plan for the future

My suggestion is it is the club jumping from a to b to e in an attempt to appease fans/make as much money as possible until the owner can wash his hands of ud

.not an unreasonable conclusion I'd suggest?

Stevo firefighting as in putting put fires,reactionary moves to try put the flames out rather than preventing them in the first placd -being proactive

That is the literal meaning of "firefighting" not the way you said it...  :crylaugh:

• Like 1

Â