The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

bacuna was really good on weekend

He wasn't though. Yes he scored, but he did very little else and was on the brink of being substituted. Which is why I think he needs to add to his overall game before he'll warrant a more regular selection (unless he becomes an absolute goal machine).
  • Like 2

I don't understand why people would play Delph higher up the pitch. His finishing is awful.

Deee-lish :) (you knew that clip was coming though)

I thought 4 videos was coming, and had my response lined up already :D

If people made gifs of players blasting the ball wide and over the bar I'd have 10x the videos :thumb: 

He wasn't though. Yes he scored, but he did very little else and was on the brink of being substituted. Which is why I think he needs to add to his overall game before he'll warrant a more regular selection (unless he becomes an absolute goal machine).

maybe he wasnt good on the ball but in the 1st half he made runs, got into positions and wasnt afraid to get the ball and tried to take players and make things happen. No surprise he finally got erwarded with the goal

• Like 2

I cant be arsed to look through the whole of this thread to see if its been bought up before but my main concerns over this appointment is how he is in the transfer market.

We have to accept how far we have fallen and that if he can get us firing again we are going to be cherry picked. When this happens we need somone who knows how to spot a player at a budget, a skill lambert proved adept at.

At our current level this will be one of the most important factors to how well we will do over the coming years.

Do you not think he could become that? I do. I think if you show him enough of the ball around the 18 yard box he'd score a hatful.

• Like 2

Do you not think he could become that? I do. I think if you show him enough of the ball around the 18 yard box he'd score a hatful.

We have to play on the here and now - thered be a case for Gary Gardner if we went on what he could become. IMO - his goal doesn't quite give him a starting place should Gil be fit - but goals are scarce so he is pushing for selection. One for Tim methinks....

Said the same myself.

To be fair, teams like Stoke are probably the games where you can justify having him on. We won't be punished too much against those kinds of teams and so having his 1 minute of quality in a game will be worth it.

Against bigger teams it becomes more dangerous as carrying a player can be more costly

I don't understand why people would play Delph higher up the pitch. His finishing is awful.

Deee-lish :) (you knew that clip was coming though)

I'll raise you a 2:37 onwards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyFfb9JhWHM#t=159

League 1 ladies and gentlemen

He runs 80 yards and not once is anyone even remotely close to challenging him :D

(this isn't a comment on his finishing, just an observation)

We're getting a bit off topic here!

I think his first XI might be a bit of a surprise. I just have a gut feeling. As has been started before, it has been such a long time since we switched managers mid season I don't think we really remember what to expect. That time it was Graham Taylor coming in and I remember instantly knowing he had lost the plot.

I can't wait till Saturday. I'll not be complaining with his pick no matter what, I'll give it at least 90 minutes!

• Like 1

Quite possible yes and hopefully he does. And with the added bonus of being dangerous from set pieces I think if used right he could be a danger man.

I cant be arsed to look through the whole of this thread to see if its been bought up before but my main concerns over this appointment is how he is in the transfer market.

We have to accept how far we have fallen and that if he can get us firing again we are going to be cherry picked. When this happens we need somone who knows how to spot a player at a budget, a skill lambert proved adept at.

At our current level this will be one of the most important factors to how well we will do over the coming years.

First of all - he wont be scouting them - we have an excellent setup - the same people who found Benteke, Gil, Sanchez.

All TS has to do is what Lambert did. Look at the recommendations (and any footage - or actually go and see that player in a game or two) and decide if he'll fit into the project (whatever that may be) so will be the same as before - recommendation - decide - yes/no - deal or no deal?. just what I think anyway. Not worried one little bit.

• Like 1

I'd play him there because he is able to beat a player and isn't scared to take people on. I can't think of any player that we have whose finishing is good to be honest.

He'll shake things up,no doubt but tactically he was very naive last season.

Hopefully we stay up and then a big influx of coaches is needed.

Last year,away to Liverpool,he played Bentaleb, Eriksen, Sigurdsson, Chadli,Lennon and Soldado in the starting 11. They got annihilated 4 nil.

I want to be positive and we will get a bounce but he needs help,big time.

Ferguson always had excellent technical coaches like Quiroz, Meulensteun, McLaren, Kidd etc, he needs someone good in a similar ilk.

Well if he can be 'tactically naive' with us and have 59% win rate tthen I will be well happy!

Â