The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Right up until now, sherwood has done absolutely nothing to annoy, upset, depress or piss anyone off.

So, until he does, he should be given the opportunity to do his stuff with 100% support from everyone.

If and when things start going wrong, of course there will be enough of us telling him what he needs to do to either put it right or to **** off.

Until then, I fully intend to enjoy the fresh start, the new approach and get totally behind the team and manager on Saturday.

THIS. 

I admire his confidence but if it goes tits up I hope he doesn't start blaming the players. But to be fair I think it's lack of effort that really annoyed him at Spurs. I think on the whole we have no egos and everyone will put a shift in,

my gut tells me we will be fine anyway and if we are not we will go down fighting.

Under Lambert we had almost accepted defeat.

• Like 1

Is there any credibility to this site, I've never seen it before but says it's a villa site (wondering why so many spuds opinions are in a villa article though) :-

http://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2015/2/13/8031277/aston-villa-manager-tim-sherwood-paul-lambert-tottenham-hotspur

Since Paul Lambert was sacked two days ago, the first name on most people's lips to replace him has been former Tottenham Hotspur manager Tim Sherwood. But whenever the name comes up, normally callous Spurs fans very earnestly say that they would never wish such a thing on Aston Villa. Looking at records, it seems as if they might just be biased against him for not doing quite as much as they said.

I was looking for the article they were talking about, in which they said they would talk about the good reasons to have sherwood on?

To be fair to him he's said players will play in their positions, I'd imagine 9 months off would have given Tim a good opportunity to look at where he could have improved at Spurs, very unfair that Ramsey has been credited as the brains of the operation but Tim is the man at fault for everything. A good assistant would appear to get rid of a lot of those problems that they have mentioned and maybe that's why he's taking his time with that appointment.

Breaking News: pacbuddies comes out in support of Villa Manager.

Give the bloke a chance guys. There will be plenty of time to get on his case at some point in the future if need be (heavens, I should know).

I was reading through the thread and saw this.

What the ****?  pacbuddies, are you ok?  I'm concerned :(

I didnt want TS, but we have him and we should support him. At the end of the day I wanted Pl, and look how that turned out. Im nit going to worry, or moan about the appointment. He'll get the chance to prove me wrong - and I hope he does.

• Like 3

I didnt want TS, but we have him and we should support him. At the end of the day I wanted Pl, and look how that turned out. Im nit going to worry, or moan about the appointment. He'll get the chance to prove me wrong - and I hope he does.

I hope everyone has this attitude at the moment.

• Like 2

I don't think he should have to prove anybody to be "wrong" about his appointment

I don't think he should have to prove anybody to be "wrong" about his appointment

Well he clearly does, DK for one. 

I mean your comment about hoping everybody has that attitude, I'd rather not have everybody thinking Sherwood is going to fail but hoping he proves them wrong. I'd rather just see what happens, none of us know how this is going to go.

• Like 3

I mean your comment about hoping everybody has that attitude, I'd rather not have everybody thinking Sherwood is going to fail but hoping he proves them wrong. I'd rather just see what happens, none of us know how this is going to go.

TBH, I read DK's comment as giving him the benefit of the doubt, hoping for him to do well and to prove him wrong for not wanting him. I believe that at the very least is what everyone should be thinking. We need to be behind him and the team 100% even if he wasn't some peoples first choice.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 2

I definitely agree that we all need to be behind him, in a very short stint for Tottenham he did well, under Lambert we had stagnated and were nailed on for the drop. Already the mood seems to have changed, fingers crossed we get a win tomorrow and we start getting some points on the board, I don't care who is the manager as long as that happens.

• Like 1

Doesnt seem temporary to me. The fact Sherwood has been to a fair few villa games recently shows the club have been interested in him for a long time, probably when Pullis was available Too.

Too me that suggests that Tom Fox has got the manager he wants, and has wanted for a while. This will only be temporary if Sherwood fails to deliver anything better than Lambert was.

Which in itself, would be very difficult to be that bad.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Doesnt seem temporary to me. The fact Sherwood has been to a fair few villa games recently shows the club have been interested in him for a long time, probably when Pullis was available Too.

Too me that suggests that Tom Fox has got the manager he wants, and has wanted for a while. This will only be temporary if Sherwood fails to deliver anything better than Lambert was.

I've seen this mentioned in passing but not seen any proof...

I've seen this mentioned in passing but not seen any proof...

There's definitely been a couple of pictures posted the first he was with a group of people and the second in the stand. Not seen them since they were posted to see if he is wearing the same clothing but each was posted after 2 separate games.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

Â