The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think Lamberts coaching has hurt a lot of our players this year. Cissokho against Hull was a rampaging full back and looked a threat going forward but got more defensive as the season went on Delph and Cleverley never ever got into the box this season until Sunday. By getting Cissokho bombing on more and those 2 hitting the box we'll create more and take the pressure off of Benteke and also free him up as he won't have 4 defenders on him. Sherwood seems to want to encourage attacking play so I expect better performnaces all round.

i'm not seeing Stoke as massive as I think we have proved that we can beat the bigger teams and lose badly to lower teams. I also don't want to put pressure solely on one game. We have 13 games, however we get those points we just need to get them. The more we put pressure on the next game the more likely we'll screw up and things get more nervous and agitated.

Stoke for me is the next opportunity to get points of course, let's do our best and if we win great, if we lose we still have 12 more games.

I really am - it's huge for Sherwood and for our season. Win and the buzz around the place and around Sherwood increases and confidence builds, lose and the whole atmosphere become much more uncertain

'Must win' is a term banded around on here too much but any sort of win or a draw and a good performance is the minimum requirement if we are too make the most of the the much-vaunted "new manager bouce"

• Like 2

I think Lamberts coaching has hurt a lot of our players this year. Cissokho against Hull was a rampaging full back and looked a threat going forward but got more defensive as the season went on Delph and Cleverley never ever got into the box this season until Sunday. By getting Cissokho bombing on more and those 2 hitting the box we'll create more and take the pressure off of Benteke and also free him up as he won't have 4 defenders on him. Sherwood seems to want to encourage attacking play so I expect better performnaces all round.

I think that's not right - Cissokho has been getting into just as many decent positions but his final ball has been poor. To be honest, after talking to a couple of mates who are Liverpool season ticket holders, I think his performance against Hull was an anomaly and his performances since have reflected his true form - certainly if he had been capable of consistently producing the Hull form, he would have been well out of our price range

Lambert had lost it at the end but it's a bit sad that you seem to want to blame him for almost everything, with no real first hand knowledge of his coaching abilities at all

Let's forget Lambert and concentrate on what Sherwood can do for us now

Its all about the performance for me. I want to see us playing with some thrust and purpose, not just possession for the sake of it. We need to get forward in numbers and press much higher up the pitch than we did under Lambert. (That is not the same thing as Lambert's ridiculously high defensive line.)

I want to see proper wing play with Sinclair and Gil giving Benteke and Weimann crosses and clever through balls to run onto.

I'll happily wait for points but need to see improvement.

How can a managers first game be considered must win? That's really unfair and puts a hell of a lot of pressure on him.

I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but seriously boo-hoo that's unfair.  This is a hugely paid manager, with a job at hand...the pressure for us not to go down is real and it is huge...that's just the way it is and I'm sure he's already fully aware and expects the pressure.

Any games against people around and slighlty above us are all high pressure here on in, that's the pressure we find from the predicament that we're in. We have to start winning instantly, and we can't afford to get a slow start because the time till dropping out of the league is short.

I think that's not right - Cissokho has been getting into just as many decent positions but his final ball has been poor. To be honest, after talking to a couple of mates who are Liverpool season ticket holders, I think his performance against Hull was an anomaly and his performances since have reflected his true form - certainly if he had been capable of consistently producing the Hull form, he would have been well out of our price range

Lambert had lost it at the end but it's a bit sad that you seem to want to blame him for almost everything, with no real first hand knowledge of his coaching abilities at all

I'm not saying he has good delivery but he's first instinct when he came was to bomb on. Which over a few games he stopped doing. On Sunday he never had the confidence to overlap at times and that hinders our attcaking options. For Bacuna's goal he bombs on and creates space for Vlaar to play it to Bacuna. Under Lambert our movement off the ball was awful and that's down to coaching.

How can a managers first game be considered must win? That's really unfair and puts a hell of a lot of pressure on him.

I'm not saying its a 'must win' (I think that term is overused on here) - but was responding to the point 'the Stoke game is not massive' - I think it is! Win and I can see us going on a nice little run, lose and the whole atmosphere starts to get much more tense.  I obviously hope we win!!!

I'm not saying he has good delivery but he's first instinct when he came was to bomb on. Which over a few games he stopped doing. On Sunday he never had the confidence to overlap at times and that hinders our attcaking options. For Bacuna's goal he bombs on and creates space for Vlaar to play it to Bacuna. Under Lambert our movement off the ball was awful and that's down to coaching.

Blimey, so the half-time team talk sorted out months of crap coaching! I can't wait to see what happens on Saturday after he's had them a whole week

coz we have 13 games left we're 6 wins off 40 points still the 2 manchester clubs, spurs and soton to play. Everton and W. Ham too. Pressure is already there Im afraid, this time its not our fault!! :D

Stoke is a must win in the sense that in the last 2 games they have conceded 8 goals and seemingly have an entire back line missing through injury.Bojan out and Crouch/Walter's struggling.Everything is in our favour currently.

• Like 1

If we lose on Saturday then for the first time this season I'll be seriously worried about relegation.

You wasn't worried under Lambert?

Laughable

I was a little worried under Lambert too, but confident we'd survive. What I mean is that if we lose on Saturday then for the first time this season I'll think that relegation is more probable than not.

• Like 1

Stoke is a must win in the sense that in the last 2 games they have conceded 8 goals and seemingly have an entire back line missing through injury.Bojan out and Crouch/Walter's struggling.Everything is in our favour currently.

Under Lambert it's a game we would stand no chance in hell of winning

When your team has an injury crisis/in a shit run of form we were the team to play

Blimey, so the half-time team talk sorted out months of crap coaching! I can't wait to see what happens on Saturday after he's had them a whole week

No it sorted out one issue of how badly Lambert had them playing. I'm sure it will take a lot longer to fix many of the issues of lambert's time here.

If we lose on Saturday then for the first time this season I'll be seriously worried about relegation.

You wasn't worried under Lambert?

Laughable

I was a little worried under Lambert too, but confident we'd survive. What I mean is that if we lose on Saturday then for the first time this season I'll think that relegation is more probable than not.

How were we going to survive, what was going to change? 

Â