The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Why not just wait and see how he does before endless deciphering everything you can find about his time at Tottenham? So negative and he hasn't been here a week yet.

Im just saying he almost totally inexperienced in this role - of course there inexperienced geniuses - but in general if you want something to be a success you appoint a guy with a track record... 

Experience is a rubbish excuse because Houllier, Mcleish and Lambert all head plenty of that and Sherwood does have a good record albeit with a decent squad and a short period of time. Theres no legitimate complaints of him here yet, atleast wait one game before declaring it a disaster.

Why not just wait and see how he does before endless deciphering everything you can find about his time at Tottenham? So negative and he hasn't been here a week yet.

Im just saying he almost totally inexperienced in this role - of course there inexperienced geniuses - but in general if you want something to be a success you appoint a guy with a track record... 

Experience is a rubbish excuse because Houllier, Mcleish and Lambert all head plenty of that and Sherwood does have a good record albeit with a decent squad and a short period of time. Theres no legitimate complaints of him here yet, atleast wait one game before declaring it a disaster.

If you want my overall opinion - I think he will start of pretty well - he has a good chance of keeping us up.  My hunch (and yes its no more than that) is that it all my unravel the following season. 

Where I disagree is that appointment is part of some strategic, well thought out blueprint heralding a TF led new era at the club.  I see it as we left it to long under Lambert - leaving us with very limited options as his replacement.

I will admit to being fickle though - if he wins games, I like him - if he doesn't I won't. 

Its Thursday where my optimism peeks each week. Then it goes down when I start to remember how Villa have been playing and I have to witness them playing again. I think my optimism will stay pretty high this weekend all the way up to game. 

By 5 o clock it could be a completely different feeling and at which point it could be unbearable to come on this forum. Ive not felt this interested or seen this forum so positive or atleast alive in discussion for a fair few years. 

Dont let me down Tim. 

If you want my overall opinion - I think he will start of pretty well - he has a good chance of keeping us up.  My hunch (and yes its no more than that) is that it all my unravel the following season. 

Where I disagree is that appointment is part of some strategic, well thought out blueprint heralding a TF led new era at the club.  I see it as we left it to long under Lambert - leaving us with very limited options as his replacement.

I will admit to being fickle though - if he wins games, I like him - if he doesn't I won't. 

thats not fickle....its understandable.

I can understand people being wary, I think everyone is at this point but it's almost as if some have already made up their mind on Sherwood when he hasn't even taken charge of a game yet.

Yeah, can we at least give him the benefit out the doubt after zero minutes in charge? It's only fair really ^^

I can understand people being wary, I think everyone is at this point but it's almost as if some have already made up their mind on Sherwood when he hasn't even taken charge of a game yet.

Yeah, can we at least give him the benefit out the doubt after zero minutes in charge? It's only fair really ^^

Thats a bit rich.....you want him to manage a match before we can comment....what fun is that?

you'll be saying next he needs 2 games....I hope someone has got the "Sherwood out" banner primed.

The last bloke had 3 years, we're not falling for that again....lets get in early and hammer the so & so.....if he waves **** him off. :P

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Is there any credibility to this site, I've never seen it before but says it's a villa site (wondering why so many spuds opinions are in a villa article though) :-

http://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2015/2/13/8031277/aston-villa-manager-tim-sherwood-paul-lambert-tottenham-hotspur

Since Paul Lambert was sacked two days ago, the first name on most people's lips to replace him has been former Tottenham Hotspur manager Tim Sherwood. But whenever the name comes up, normally callous Spurs fans very earnestly say that they would never wish such a thing on Aston Villa. Looking at records, it seems as if they might just be biased against him for not doing quite as much as they said.

I was looking for the article they were talking about, in which they said they would talk about the good reasons to have sherwood on?

Interesting that, after Lambert was sacked I unblocked everyone who had annoyed me with their posting, only to find a week later that pretty much all of them are back on the block list for the exact same reasons (hysterical negativity mainly).

So for that reason alone: Sherwood out and sack the board.

• Like 1

Edit - Never mind.

Up The Villa. 

lol, well I'm sure we'll all join in with "tim sherwoods claret and blue army" come what may this Saturday.  I will definitely be behind him from the stands, and really hope he turns our fortunes around.

We're in last chance saloon, so what more can we do than support him in hope...all things said and when it comes to it.

Is there any credibility to this site, I've never seen it before but says it's a villa site (wondering why so many spuds opinions are in a villa article though) :-

http://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2015/2/13/8031277/aston-villa-manager-tim-sherwood-paul-lambert-tottenham-hotspur

I was looking for the article they were talking about, in which they said they would talk about the good reasons to have sherwood on?

Pretty sure it's an American based fanzine type thing. It's no Heart of the Holte or MOMS, but decent in a pinch.

Â