The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Stevo firefighting as in putting put fires,reactionary moves to try put the flames out rather than preventing them in the first placd -being proactive

Some have suggested a new manager,CEO first team coach gives us some new continental plan for the future

My suggestion is it is the club jumping from a to b to e in an attempt to appease fans/make as much money as possible until the owner can wash his hands of ud

.not an unreasonable conclusion I'd suggest?

I think we are just trying to survive until lerner can sell up and I think the appointment of Fox and Riley are to make sure we can remain a prem side so Lerner doesn't have to really pay much attention of us.

I don't think anyone believes there's some great plan to make us a competitive side again.

Stevo firefighting as in putting put fires,reactionary moves to try put the flames out rather than preventing them in the first placd -being proactive

Some have suggested a new manager,CEO first team coach gives us some new continental plan for the future

My suggestion is it is the club jumping from a to b to e in an attempt to appease fans/make as much money as possible until the owner can wash his hands of ud

As for this bit... That's your conclusion. Why is it "stupid" for someone else's conclusion to be that there is a new model being implemented that is similar to that of some "continental" clubs?

• Like 1

Find me someone who has claimed that the new structure, and more specifically the new manager, was part of some grand plan and isn't just a result of Lambert being sacked?

I don't think anybody has claimed that this is all some grand plan.

The fanbase is pretty unanimous in the opinion that we are not a well run club

my issue is with you calling all of us naive because we're falling for the club's propaganda.

Nobody is. you're making stuff up. Again.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

To be fair Daz, you could make some absolutely fantastic points, but when you insult the people you're trying to convince, they're not going to take you seriously.

With the Sanchez transfer, the Westwood conspiracy and now this, people aren't even going to respond properly and will just respond with the comments they did today with 'bantz' and 'wobbling'.

That's the bed you made.

• Like 2

That fact which is your opinion. 

No it is a fact, you only have to look at all of the records he broke as Villa manager

No it's an opinion.

If you said something like 'Lambert has the lowest points by a Villa manager' then yes it would be a fact.

However, what you said is purely subjective.

Because of the records that Lambert broke, it cannot be construed as anything other than fact.

Nope. It's 100% subjective.

Facts aren't allowed any degree of subjectivity or context. Saying 'Lambert is the worst manager in our history' is an opinion, therefore it cannot be a fact.

It isn't that hard to understand.

I think it's clear that the club are trying to put a structure in place whereby the manager can concentrate on coaching first and foremost. Riley will head a team that hunts down the players he might want based on the deficiencies they identify within the squad, they work together to nail the right one(s) down. Bobs your uncle and Gabby is your aunt.

I know it all sounds a bit "continental" and scary to us, but it does work. If you want an example close to home then look at Southampton. The "manager" comes and goes, the philosophy lives on. At least, that is the dream.

Awkward.would love to live in don't do its world though!

That team was picked by a Lambert chronie big man but nevermind.

No I'm sure you're right and this wasn't a firefighting move 13 games from the end of a season just after saying the previous manager was staying put.

Its interesting the people who reply with their ”bantz” are the people I respect least with regards to their football knowledge.

Having said that this was a firefighting move I do think it is one that had to be taken although had we moved earlier we could have got a more experienced "firefighter" in,see pullis. But let's see what happens,just don't kid yourselves there's a grand plan

What does a "firefighting move" mean?

Who has said there is a grand plan?

I dared to intimate that it seems as though the club are trying to put a long term infrastructure in place. With Fox, the new financial guy, Riley, a DOFO. Apparently I'm kidding myself, I must be imagining that happening.

I think it's clear that the club are trying to put a structure in place whereby the manager can concentrate on coaching first and foremost. Riley will head a team that hunts down the players he might want based on the deficiencies they identify within the squad, they work together to nail the right one(s) down. Bobs your uncle and Gabby is your aunt.

I know it all sounds a bit "continental" and scary to us, but it does work. If you want an example close to home then look at Southampton. The "manager" comes and goes, the philosophy lives on. At least, that is the dream.

What is awkward? I stand by my opinion. I've shown evidence for it. Let's see you back up your opinion with something tangible Mr ITK.

Its interesting the people who reply with their ”bantz” are the people I respect least with regards to their football knowledge.

(OT: What's "bantz"? Yet another one I've never heard.)
Banter - term used to describe activities or chat that is playful, intelligent and original. Banter is something you either posses or lack, there is no middle ground. It is also something inherently English, stemming as it does from traditional hi-jinks and tomfoolery of British yesteryear.

:thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:

Lambert achieved what he was supposed to for two seasons at least. Houllier IMO was the worst manager, having £30m to spend plus Young, Downing etc and having us in a relegation battle that his assistant had to get us out of. McLeish saddled us with some expensive dreadful signings whilst having us in a relegation battle as well. Both did worse jobs than Lambert under their respective circumstances.

If Sherwood can come in and get a buzz amongst the squad Lambert put together then the future could be quite exciting. A good result on Saturday I'm sure would turn our season round. Here's hoping, anyway.

A new performance analyst bought in too.

All of this is reactionary to sacking Lambert. It has nothing to do with the new CEO now being 6 months into the job and taking advantage of the opportunity to implement "his" plan. I am naive.

The club is still up for sale. If we have a long term infrastructure in place not only do we hopefully improve on the pitch which makes us more attractive but we are more attractive off it too.

Some people think this is "off the cuff" and that is fine. Either way it is happening.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

But this is still reactionary.

DDID is positive about the moves being made.

But you insinuated that we believed that everything up until now had been part of this grand plan.

DDID's view above can still be seen as "firefighting", i.e. the club are reacting to what's happened so far.

But I think it's been pretty clear that Fox has been trying to change things since he got here.

That's not propaganda. That's fact. The club structure is changing.

Edited by Stevo985

This doesn't even make sense.

I agree either way it is happening and I hope that it is for the best.My concern comes from the decision making of the club thus far and makes me doubt that what they are doing is being done with any degree of actual footballing knowledge

If it works for even a short period of time then I'm all for it.I'd just like to see football minded people at the club again rather than the focus being on behind the scenes corporate awards and business ventures

Â