The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Sherwood has only been here a few days and this thread is turning to shit already!

Can't we all just get along?!  :) 

I reckon he will have 100 pages before his first week is done.

I think a lot of it is withdrawal symptoms. We have had a thread to vent our fury for and/or sing our praise of the manager for the last few years now and it is hard to get out of the habit I guess.

Hopefully it will all calm down within a couple of weeks.

I think it's clear that the club are trying to put a structure in place whereby the manager can concentrate on coaching first and foremost. Riley will head a team that hunts down the players he might want based on the deficiencies they identify within the squad, they work together to nail the right one(s) down. Bobs your uncle and Gabby is your aunt.

I know it all sounds a bit "continental" and scary to us, but it does work. If you want an example close to home then look at Southampton. The "manager" comes and goes, the philosophy lives on. At least, that is the dream.

Awkward.would love to live in don't do its world though!

But this is still reactionary.

DDID is positive about the moves being made.

But you insinuated that we believed that everything up until now had been part of this grand plan.

DDID's view above can still be seen as "firefighting", i.e. the club are reacting to what's happened so far.

But I think it's been pretty clear that Fox has been trying to change things since he got here.

That's not propaganda. That's fact. The club structure is changing.

Almost every move ever made in professional sport is reactionary. You think Southampton put their system in place on the back of some good league form? You (not specifically you Ben!) think they just fancied the change? No, they did it because they almost went out of business (*cough*Redknapp*cough) and they never wanted to be in that position again. They reacted to that and now look at them.

I don't really care "why" anyway. Ultimately it doesn't matter. Just glad it is finally happening.

• Like 1

I think it's clear with 13 games to go and a new manager, all the Club can do is try and allow TS to coach and get his methodology in as soon as possible. 

If he is intelligent and am sure he is, despite his media slip ups (which everyone does even SAF), that he will probably build on the decent passing game we have and encourage Gil and Delph to get more space to Gabby and Benteke. 

Benteke, could be the target man and that will work against the right teams, but we still have Gabby as an outlet. I maintain the key for us is to work on a system which gives him space to run into, whether that be doubling up on his side of the field to drag defenders out of position, or just telling benteke to beast mode it and try and glance the ball into Gabby path. 

Lets face it, unless you're Marcelo or Azpilequeta, the only way you can stop gabby running into a nice bit of space is to foul him. Carragher and Ivanovic know that. 

Also proven by somehow him being the fifth most fouled player when we've hardly been in the opposition last third for half a season. 

Tim will be hopefully working out a way to boost confidence, not change toooooooo much too quickly and get men forward with the hope of getting some space to our strikers. 

• Like 1

The more i read the more dis heartened I become. At face value sherwood did reasonably in a few months at Tottenham - closer examination  reveals he was sacked because the players were on the verge of revolt - and the day to day coaching was done by AN other - Even his work with Totenham youth seems to have been hands off. The first team coach he has appointed was sacked by Norwich and had a 15 game win less stint as manager of Barnet.

None of the above means he won't be a success at Aston Villa - It just makes it unlikely [iMO].

As for our overall structure - weve always had a first team coach and manager - and the DOF role seems more sports science orientated - nothing new there - the only 'new' thing is we haven't appointed such a 'green' management team before - lets hope that's a stroke of brilliance that's gone over my head....

• Like 1

Right up until now, sherwood has done absolutely nothing to annoy, upset, depress or piss anyone off.

So, until he does, he should be given the opportunity to do his stuff with 100% support from everyone.

If and when things start going wrong, of course there will be enough of us telling him what he needs to do to either put it right or to **** off.

Until then, I fully intend to enjoy the fresh start, the new approach and get totally behind the team and manager on Saturday.

This. Exactly my feelings too.

The more i read the more dis heartened I become. At face value sherwood did reasonably in a few months at Tottenham - closer examination reveals he was sacked because the players were on the verge of revolt - and the day to day coaching was done by AN other - Even his work with Totenham youth seems to have been hands off. The first team coach he has appointed was sacked by Norwich and had a 15 game win less stint as manager of Barnet.

None of the above means he won't be a success at Aston Villa - It just makes it unlikely [iMO].

As for our overall structure - weve always had a first team coach and manager - and the DOF role seems more sports science orientated - nothing new there - the only 'new' thing is we haven't appointed such a 'green' management team before - lets hope that's a stroke of brilliance that's gone over my head....

What have you read that wasn't common knowledge before? Prey do tell...

His last 6 games in charge of Spurs -

4 Wins

1 Draw

1 Loss (West Ham away)

15 scored

7 conceded.

Players in revolt? Hmmm. I remain sceptical of that.

Head of recruitment? A proper hands on CEO? You can't see any change? Fair enough.

• Like 3

The more i read the more dis heartened I become. At face value sherwood did reasonably in a few months at Tottenham - closer examination reveals he was sacked because the players were on the verge of revolt - and the day to day coaching was done by AN other - Even his work with Totenham youth seems to have been hands off. The first team coach he has appointed was sacked by Norwich and had a 15 game win less stint as manager of Barnet.

4 Wins

1 Draw

1 Loss (West Ham away)

15 scored

7 conceded.

Head of recruitment? A proper hands on CEO? You can't see any change? Fair enough.

Google is your friend

The Head of Recruitment - that's just been re recruited  ? 

Hands on CEO - also his first CEO role - like Sherwood almost totally untested in his current position 

You've just fell for the spin pal  - you even qualify your own defence of them with a usual 'of course it could all go tits up' 

Why not just wait and see how he does before endless deciphering everything you can find about his time at Tottenham? So negative and he hasn't been here a week yet.

Im just saying he almost totally inexperienced in this role - of course there inexperienced geniuses - but in general if you want something to be a success you appoint a guy with a track record... 

4 Wins

1 Draw

1 Loss (West Ham away)

15 scored

7 conceded.

Google is your friend

The Head of Recruitment - that's just been re recruited ?

Hands on CEO - also his first CEO role - like Sherwood almost totally untested in his current position

You've just fell for the spin pal - you even qualify your own defence of them with a usual 'of course it could all go tits up'

Do players in revolt against the manager win 4 out of 6 and score 15 goals in those 6 games?

There's really nothing to suggest the players were in revolt.

If the Villa players get the same results as the Spurs players I don't care if there's out right rebellion never mind a revolt which no one noticed! Sherwood has admitted it was hard being an interim manager who was never going to get the job permanently yet still got the team performing better than the lauded AVB. he's even mentioned dropping players but not falling out with them or bombing them as all players may have a job to do. One of these so called revolting players was Sandro who was dropped for poor form but brought back in against us to do a job and got a standing ovation when subbed. That's brilliant man management IMO. Set every one the same bench mark and don't let the names of the players or reputations sway your team selections.

You've just fell for the spin pal - you even qualify your own defence of them with a usual 'of course it could all go tits up'

Ok pal.

My defence of "them". Interesting choice of words.

You are Tom Fox - I claim my £5 

Breaking News: pacbuddies comes out in support of Villa Manager.

Give the bloke a chance guys. There will be plenty of time to get on his case at some point in the future if need be (heavens, I should know).

• Like 3

Â