The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Not even an ounce of **** fight in this team **** the **** lot of them.

If you have a shit manager at work, everyone f***'s about yeah?

To be fair, most of the players are very mentally weak as well.

An who's job is it to change this mentality? Not that I want him here, but one thing Nigel Pearson could do is make his players play without fear. Sherwood's everyones pal, same as Lambert was, it ain't gonna change without an experienced manager!

I'm not trying to excuse Sherwood at all and he should be sacked on the spot but most of our players are a bunch of pathetic bottlers too.

It is obvious that Tim Sherwood is not the problem.  If you can't see that, you are willfully blinding in yourself to the truth.

Tim had better players last year, and he did just fine. Without decent players, the team can't compete in the top-flight league. 

There are more problems in this club than Sherwood.

But Sherwood IS a  problem.

And as it stands, he's the only problem that we can change.

The only people being blind are those blaming everything else and excusing the manager. If the players this year aren't as good as last year then Tim should be sacked for that alone. He signed them and spent £55 million in the process

He did also lose Benteke and Delph and had a fairly low net spend.  Not a defence for him, as he's doing an awful job and I couldn't give a shit if he was sacked this minute.  But while the squad is better than last season I don't think it's £55 million better.  

It is obvious that Tim Sherwood is not the problem.  If you can't see that, you are willfully blinding in yourself to the truth.

Tim had better players last year, and he did just fine. Without decent players, the team can't compete in the top-flight league. 

If doing "just fine" includes a 6-1 annihilation away to Southampton and a 1-0 defeat at home to an already relegated Burnley then I'd say the only person who is blind is you I'm afraid.

The players were burnt out by then. You cant keep selling your best players and expect the results to improve. I know he has spent a lot of money but the players he has bought are either rejects from the Premier League or unproven players from the French league. Yes they are his signings but I think we have a very inexperienced squad now finding their feet in the Premier League. Whether or not Sherwood is the right man to lead us I don't know but any new man coming in now will struggle with this squad of players.

Good trolling mate. 

nonsense just because i don't share the majority view on here i'm a troller?  whats the point!

All well and good say sack Sherwood....can't see many names being put forward though.

We need someone of absolute caliber that's for sure. 

This argument was made when we appointed Sherwood. people said he was the best available. He wasn't.

There are dozens of managers out there who are available or gettable

Moyes, Rodgers, Favre, Pearson, Dyche, Donadoni, Di Matteo, Ancelotti, Schuster, Jol, Semin, Bielsa, Prandelli, Garde etc etc

I'm not saying they're all the right choice, or are attainable by Aston Villa. But that's the job of the people running the club. Decide who can do the job and see who will come here.

• Like 3

Didn't sort out a replacement for Benteke, didn't sort out a replacement for the goalie he dropped and brought in Lescott at the back for an experienced head but ultimately that one has failed as well. Clueless manager and a bottler, we need an experienced leader. Get rid quick

• Like 1

How many times was the ball passed back to Guzan's right foot? Set pieces were an absolute waste, time and time again. Rudy is playing but no crosses are put in.

There is absolutely no evidence of work being done on the training ground. Chelsea were there for the taking today. Yet another wretched performance.

Bye Bye Timmy! 

Edited by villakram
  • Like 2

What i don't get is he could easily have kicked it right instead of left because Hutton was coming back to recieve the ball as well

It would have bypassed the onrushing strikers strongest side and it was a much safer ball to play

I just don't know what he was thinking

What an absurd post! 

The overwhelming general concensus last season was that we were under-performing

The overwhelming general concensus during the summer was that we had had a very good window

We are not expecting top four (lol) but £55m should be enough to be better than Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich, WBA, Newcastle, Sunderland - maybe sitting somewhere 12th-14th

At the moment Sherwood has delivered 4 PL points from the last 33 available - at what point will it become "obvious" to you that maybe he is out of his depth?  4 from 36? 4 from 39? 4 from 42? 4 from 45?

We are dropping into a very big hole and soon we will be so far gone that even a proper manager wont be able to save us

• Like 2

The only thing that really annoys me about today is that the XI would probably have beaten Stoke, with the odd change.  I'm hoping they've been working behind the scenes to get a new manager in and hence just kept Sherwood on for this weekend, because otherwise I can't see them getting rid after a defeat by Chelsea and we will have to wait.

Â