The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

FWIW I saw progress in 1st 30 minutes today and then brainfart from the "goalkeeper" killed the players confidence

Yes spot on. You can't legislate for mistakes like that. If we play like that against a lesser team without the brain farts we will see results improve under the current manager.

The thing is, that was something we said under the previous manager all the time. We'd play teams like Chelsea, do well and say "well if we play like that in the other games then we'll be fine". Then the other games came around and we didn't play like that.

So I agree, if we play like we did today against lesser teams then we might be ok. But we've played lesser teams already this season and we've been utterly garbage.

• Like 4

Bloody hell even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

He has freely admitted that he has no idea what his best team is, and will just continue to ticker until he stumbles on a winning formula. Today's half decent performance was in spite of Tim not because of his. 

Sherwood OUT.

We have what maybe "one of the best header's of the ball in Gestede", an Sherwood does not play him to his strengths. Gestede is not a shit footballer, like Andy Carol you have to play him the ball. Not one game has Sherwood played this way??

He will get us goals he has proved it!!

Why play, Richardson?? Why not bring Westwood off, when he was having a mare. What is he telling Traore to do?. Lescott??

One more nail in the coffin for me, an I tell you what its F**** great! The sooner this clueless blagger gets out our club the better. That team out there today has the potential to be midtable all day long, but not under this amateur management that Sherwood brings!!

Don't think Sherwood did too much wrong today personally. We looked good for a positive result until the Guzan fiasco. The frustrating thing is THIS is the lineup he should have put out 2 weeks ago against Stoke.

I really hope he doesn't pick a daft team against Stoke. It should today's team with Amavi for Richardson, Adama for Ayew, and possibly Guzan and Lescott replaced if there are decent options available.

If he does something crazy with the team choice then he is asking for trouble.

FWIW I saw progress in 1st 30 minutes today and then brainfart from the "goalkeeper" killed the players confidence

Yes spot on. You can't legislate for mistakes like that. If we play like that against a lesser team without the brain farts we will see results improve under the current manager.

The thing is, that was something we said under the previous manager all the time. We'd play teams like Chelsea, do well and say "well if we play like that in the other games then we'll be fine". Then the other games came around and we didn't play like that.

So I agree, if we play like we did today against lesser teams then we might be ok. But we've played lesser teams already this season and we've been utterly garbage.

Pretty much. Also, we're at home next against the "lesser" Swansea so it's pretty much an automatic 1 or 2 nil defeat.

Edited by Mantis

Don't think Sherwood did too much wrong today personally. We looked good for a positive result until the Guzan fiasco. The frustrating thing is THIS is the lineup he should have put out 2 weeks ago against Stoke.

I really hope he doesn't pick a daft team against Stoke. It should today's team with Amavi for Richardson, Adama for Ayew, and possibly Guzan and Lescott replaced if there are decent options available.

If he is still here February 27th I think we might have turned the corner ;)

I really want him sacked before the Swansea game. We need some impetus for that game and Sherwood still being there will just carry on the negative vibe into the game and we will most likely get beat as Swansea are a better footballing team than Albion and Stoke.

• Like 2

We started fired up, I thought the team selection and tactics were good. Unfortunately I know TS will see this as a loss and swap everyone out again for Swansea. He may have got the team mostly right today, but it won't stick.

Time to go and bring in an experienced PL leader to raise spirits and play tactically each game.

If Moyes or Rodgers etc is in for the game against Swansea the atmosphere at home will be very different and we might actually have a chance of getting a result. At the moment everything is negative and it will remain that way until he leaves.

replace a manager with 1 league win this season with a manager with 1 league win this season ;)

If he does something crazy with the team choice then he is asking for trouble.

We have already played Stoke!

I think my managerial CV might actually be more legitimate then Sherwood's therefore I deserve a shot.

I did after all win Malaga the league title two years in a row and currently sit top of the Bundesliga with Hertha Berlin.....

Seriously though, the credentials are about the same.

If Moyes or Rodgers etc is in for the game against Swansea the atmosphere at home will be very different and we might actually have a chance of getting a result. At the moment everything is negative and it will remain that way until he leaves.

replace a manager with 1 league win this season with a manager with 1 league win this season ;)

Moyes is better than Sherwood. Don't kid yourself.

Â