The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

All well and good saying sack Sherwood....can't see many names being put forward though.

We need someone of absolute caliber that's for sure. 

What's Big Ron up to nowadays? 

Here we go again. Someone else that thinks the fans have to put other names forward. Not our job, there are plenty of high paid tossers at AVFC to do that!

Don't necessarily want him gone as I'm wary of potential replacements. He hasn't done himself any favours with team selections and substitutions though.

On the fence. If it was for Rodgers then no if it was for Moyes then yes. Although the latter would probably keep playing Lescott.

Subbing off Ayew today was a bad decision IMO

I watched us come second to a better team ..... or are we supposed to be on a par with Chelsea ?

Seriously, just because it is Chelsea we have to expect and accept defeat! I don't think Southampton and the other teams that have taken points off them had this pathetic mentality of yours.

• Like 2

I watched us come second to a better team ..... or are we supposed to be on a par with Chelsea ?

Seriously, just because it is Chelsea we have to expect and accept defeat! I don't think Southampton and the other teams that have taken points off them had this pathetic mentality of yours.

If Moyes was available (and willing of course) Id have him gone in an instant.

TBH I cant see any other options out there Id be completly happy with, should Sherwood go

All well and good saying sack Sherwood....can't see many names being put forward though.

We need someone of absolute caliber that's for sure. 

What's Big Ron up to nowadays? 

Here we go again. Someone else that thinks the fans have to put other names forward. Not our job, there are plenty of high paid tossers at AVFC to do that!

Yes, we have seen what the decision makers at Villa can do.

I

Okay, okay ..... just having a bit of a wind up over a stubby or six !!!

I like Sherwood, I like having a guy with a bit of charisma after the last two deadbeats we have suffered. I think he may have built something with this young squad but the pressure of league position and media / fans criticism has made it very difficult to complete or even progress with the task ..... which is a real shame as I'd love to see him make it.

In reality, he WILL go and he WILL go this week ahead and we'll have a new manager in charge by next Saturday. Just hope the new guy can mix the new ingredients better because its all he has for a few months !!!

• Like 1

I think he may have built something with this young squad but the pressure of league position and media / fans criticism has made it very difficult to complete or even progress with the task 

Really?

Fans were all on his side after last season. And the media still love him and are ALL saying we'd be daft to get rid of him. Pressure of league position? What does that even mean?

In reality, his own ineptitude has made it difficult to compete or progress.

I thought we played a lot better today, and apart from a suicidal goalkeeping error and an unlucky deflection I don't think many people could have realistically begrudged us a point. But I find myself wondering if Tim actually knew what he was doing or if he just lucked into a good setup through his constant suck-it-and-see teamsheet fiddling. 

He needs sacking tonight on the basis that he played Richardson on merit and dropped the one player we have who can put the ball in the mixer for Gestede. Gestede is a **** shambles apart from attacking the ball in the box. Why, therefore, did he drop Amavi and again not direct the players to get down the wing and cross the **** thing in?!

Shambles.

• Like 2

To be honest I don't think today was really his fault, in the other games yes, but today I think NO! However, as one of Guzans biggest supporters over the years I feel his time is up, has cost us too many points now. In the case of Lescott Sherwood can't really be blamed for him being inexplicably shite based on his experience and so called pedigree. We need points FAST, I fear this could be the year, hopefully we can do something in January. Alot of other teams have improved, we need to also look at some of the money other teams have spent though, and realise some of them are close to the bottom with us! I'm kinda confident the promoted teams will run out of steam and the table will start to get into more regular form. (Hoping)

• Like 1

Today was all about a set of players who aren't up to the job. The only reason to change Tim would be because the team may need a new direction. 

Most Villa supporters understand that Tim's been put into an almost impossible position. 

[OK, that last comment was unnecessary and stupid -- and I wish In hadn't posted it. Sincere thanks to Stefan for point that out!]

Edited by Plastic Man

Â