The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Today was all about a set of players who aren't up to the job. The only reason to change Tim would be because the team may need a new direction. 

Most Villa supporters understand that Tim's been put into an almost impossible position. 

Are you related to Tim ? You seem to support the manager more than the team 

I resent that. I'm just as much a Villa fan as anyone. I don't especially "support" Tim.

I just don't like what I consider the unwise move to change managers at this time. And that horrendously extremist position is apparently a kind of trolling now.

EDIT: Oh, I see you've posted the troll art. Nice.

can you blame me though there are ways and means to get points across in a considered manner but you seem to be intent on being provacative for effect. How has Tim been put in an impossible position ? How did you come to the conclusion that most supporters think that? And how after 8 games with ineffective substitutions and dubious selections with no apparent direction from Tim do you think it's the players not the manager who isn't up for the job ? 

lambert imo was put in a more impossible situation.

I don't disagree with that one bit! 

Not just me. Many others who've reacted it the same way.

Today was all about a set of players who aren't up to the job. The only reason to change Tim would be because the team may need a new direction. 

Most Villa supporters understand that Tim's been put into an almost impossible position. 

Isn't an opinion. You're outwardly stating that 'many Villa fans know better'.

Which is bullshit.

• Like 1

Are you related to Tim ? You seem to support the manager more than the team 

I resent that. I'm just as much a Villa fan as anyone. I don't especially "support" Tim.

I just don't like what I consider the unwise move to change managers at this time. And that horrendously extremist position is apparently a kind of trolling now.

EDIT: Oh, I see you've posted the troll art. Nice.

can you blame me though there are ways and means to get points across in a considered manner but you seem to be intent on being provacative for effect. How has Tim been put in an impossible position ? How did you come to the conclusion that most supporters think that? And how after 8 games with ineffective substitutions and dubious selections with no apparent direction from Tim do you think it's the players not the manager who isn't up for the job ? 

If you're accusing me of PFE, by all means please complain to the mods and let them do their job.

I think if you look at my past posts, you will see the reasons I offer. The quick version: bad transfer system, best players sold, management hierarchy working at cross purposes, players not ready for PL, etc etc.

And I agree that Tim's tactics have sometimes been shit. And I said that, repeatedly, on VT.

Anyone feel like catching me up? I've gone a few pages back and I still can't make head nor tail of what the current argument is about. It surely can't be about the results of a poll about the Aston Villa manager on an Aston Villa forum voted for by Aston Villa fans can it?

Which is bullshit.

Stefan, it's clear that post really riled people. No offense intended. I will go back and revise.

I think I need to take a leaf out of Hanoi's book and chillax a bit. I am worried about Villa getting into a management-change death spiral. That prospect truly worries me, and it drives my fears and thinking.

Your talking bollocks again chap. 55 Million and he has been put in a impossible position, do me a favour. Its his inexperience and tactical ability letting him down. Although if your talking about right now, your right, he is in a impossible postion, one he dropped himself in!

To be fair the proof is there, I thought in the first half the players looked they were more than up to the job.

Plastic man I'm interested to know what this impossible position is that tim sherwoods been put in. 

Yes he's lost a couple of best players but my word we were garbage with them. He's spent 55m and somehow he's made one of the shittest teams in premiership history, shitter.

• Like 1

Which is bullshit.

OK, here's the new one:

[OK, that last comment was unnecessary and stupid -- and I wish In hadn't posted it. Sincere thanks to Stefan for pointing that out!]

• Like 1

Which is bullshit.

Stefan, it's clear that post really riled people. No offense intended. I will go back and revise.

I think I need to take a leaf out of Hanoi's book and chillax a bit. I am worried about Villa getting into a management-change death spiral. That prospect truly worries me, and it drives my fears and thinking.

your welcome to your opinion whether it winds people up or not. i understand why people are angry but things will sort out one way or the other.

Anyone feel like catching me up? I've gone a few pages back and I still can't make head nor tail of what the current argument is about. It surely can't be about the results of a poll about the Aston Villa manager on an Aston Villa forum voted for by Aston Villa fans can it?

Not a clue.

• Like 1

Seriously, it's like a pack of wolves in here at the moment. Just because people have different opinions to you do you think it's OK to ridicule them? Pathetic 

Nobody is being ridiculed for having a different opinion. Someone is being picked up for posting as if they represent a large section of the fan base and in doing so offering an opinion in complete contrast to every single indicator of fan opinion.

Yes but its not just that individual post though is it. We're getting ridiculed just for supporting Sherwood. 

Which is bullbullshit

Isn't you stating it IS bullshit as presumptuous as him ?

And the guy who said he wasn't insulting him....you said he was EITHER a troll ORbhad a big ego...seems pretty derogatory to me.

Fwiw I think he worded it badly, but there is an odd view on here that in some way these boards are 'typical' of the fan base......yet you have absolutely no idea whether that is so !!!

I happen to think we should give Sherwood more games, and I'm repulsed by the level of some of the comments about him, but I accept that there are clearly a substantial number who want him out.

But of those I know personally, numbering in low double figures, I know of only 2 who want him gone, and they never wanted him.

And as an aside it is amusing how the views of almost the entire press are dismissed because " they are his chums".....isn't that speaking for others in the same way ?

I posted something stupid (again): 

"Most Villa supporters understand that Tim's been put into an almost impossible position. "

And now I've had to climb down.

Now you're caught up. 

Next up, the Villa Talk thumbs screws will be brought out and I will need to be sorted.

Edited by Plastic Man

I posted something stupid (again): 

"Most Villa supporters understand that Tim's been put into an almost impossible position. "

And now I've had to climb down.

Now you're caught up. 

Next up, the Villa Talk thumbs screws will be brought out and I will need to be sorted.

Cheers,

You wouldn't be the first person to make a misguided comment on here. I wouldn't even worry about it. 

plastic man I wouldn't go to the mods behind your back and accuse you of posting for effect I'll call you out on her so you can see. FairPlay for admitting the mistake in your post though. I admire that. I don't want to continue to debate you  as that isn't fair. Let's keep it to our,  in my own opinion our out of depth ineffectual manager. 

UTV

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

Â