The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Today was all about a set of players who aren't up to the job. The only reason to change Tim would be because the team may need a new direction. 

Most Villa supporters understand that Tim's been put into an almost impossible position. 

Please don't presume to talk for anyone other than yourself.

Why not?

It's just ridiculously irritating and winds everyone up, at a moment when everyone is already really wound up. 

There's a poll, linked on the forum. 90% of members want him gone. You know this. So when you pretend you don't know it, or that the opposite is true, the 90% of fans who want him gone get mad at you. It's just not worth it. 

That poll? That poll is a joke. First of all, it's worded in a derisory way, and it's completely self-aelecting. It naturally attracted the haters. 

You're right, it is self-selecting. It asks Villa fans what they think, and almost all Villa fans think he's a crap manager who should already have been sacked. So yes, it does self-select amongst the miserable peons who have to watch the shower of shit he provides every week. I guess we'd get a broader, more varied answer if we asked housewives, or jockeys, or financial analysts, or professional tiddlywinks players. 

Hanoi, you're more intelligent than that response. You know full well that a poll worded in a slanted way on a fan forum with a very active Sherwood-Out movement isn't necessarily going to be represent the vast majority of supporters.

Today was all about a set of players who aren't up to the job. The only reason to change Tim would be because the team may need a new direction. 

Most Villa supporters understand that Tim's been put into an almost impossible position. 

Why not?

It's just ridiculously irritating and winds everyone up, at a moment when everyone is already really wound up. 

There's a poll, linked on the forum. 90% of members want him gone. You know this. So when you pretend you don't know it, or that the opposite is true, the 90% of fans who want him gone get mad at you. It's just not worth it. 

That poll? That poll is a joke. First of all, it's worded in a derisory way, and it's completely self-aelecting. It naturally attracted the haters. 

You're right, it is self-selecting. It asks Villa fans what they think, and almost all Villa fans think he's a crap manager who should already have been sacked. So yes, it does self-select amongst the miserable peons who have to watch the shower of shit he provides every week. I guess we'd get a broader, more varied answer if we asked housewives, or jockeys, or financial analysts, or professional tiddlywinks players. 

Hanoi, you're more intelligent than that response. You know full well that a poll worded in a slanted way on a fan forum with a very active Sherwood-Out movement isn't necessarily going to be represent the vast majority of supporters.

I know that it has more evidentiary value than your guesswork, which is the only alternative you're offering. A fan forum is a fairly reasonable place to find out fan's opinions. 

• Like 1

Why not?

There is a new poll today, you won't like the result though and you can try and dismiss it however you like but it's a more accurate reflection of the wider view of the fans than you staying your opinion and then imagining it's one shared by the majority.

Hey, I didn't see that one, Trent. I'm disturbed and kind of annoyed that you would think I would automatically "not like" a poll that seemed to contraindicate a view I held. Please don't project other people's intransigence onto me. I'm open to new views.

bloody hell its bad on here tonight. was not sure about him at the start but thought he had potential and he probably still has but its just not going to work for him here and in all fairness its been absolutely terrible. i cant see things improving much and i honestly think we are worse than we was under lambert so why waste anymore time with him. lose to swansea and he has to go and im normally a patient guy when it comes to managers as i was with lambert. the club is rotten to the core.

• Like 3

Are you related to Tim ? You seem to support the manager more than the team. I don't mean to single you out as we are entitled to different views but come on. Seriously 

Edited by thabucks

Why not?

I know that it has more evidentiary value than your guesswork, which is the only alternative you're offering. A fan forum is a fairly reasonable place to find out fan's opinions. 

It's not just random shot-in-the-dark guesswork. It's an inductive conclusion and I consider a wide range of soft evidence -- media commentary, comments from fellow VTers, etc. But it's true that it's no better than the poll in terms of evidence. But as I said, I think that poll was fishing for the answer it wanted.

He needs sacking tonight on the basis that he played Richardson on merit and dropped the one player we have who can put the ball in the mixer for Gestede. Gestede is a **** shambles apart from attacking the ball in the box. Why, therefore, did he drop Amavi and again not direct the players to get down the wing and cross the **** thing in?!

Shambles.

I like Amavi, but he has cost us a lot more than he has won. He's a wonderful talent, but needs time. The decision to start Richardson was a good one.

Also I find it incredulous that you think you speak for 'most fans' when you probably know zero Villa fans aside from this forum and social media considering you live in neither 

a ) Birmingham b ) England

You'd think we'd know wouldn't you?

This isn't a pop at people who aren't local Villa fans either!

Also I find it incredulous that you think you speak for 'most fans' when you probably know zero Villa fans aside from this forum and social media considering you live in neither 

It is a bit. 

His guesswork isn't incorrect because he doesn't like within spitting distance of B6. It's incorrect because it's incorrect. Let's not make this too personal. 

• Like 3

It is a bit. 

His guesswork isn't incorrect because he doesn't like within spitting distance of B6. It's incorrect because it's incorrect. Let's not make this too personal. 

I absolutely don't presume to "speak" for most Villa fans. That's daft, and if I gave that impression, I retract it.

I'm merely articulating the view that I think the majority of Villa fans aren't ready to see a management change. It's what I think. Only me! I don't think I'm alone on that either! 

It's not what I say you have to think. 

Are you related to Tim ? You seem to support the manager more than the team 

I resent that. I'm just as much a Villa fan as anyone. I don't especially "support" Tim.

I just don't like what I consider the unwise move to change managers at this time. And that horrendously extremist position is apparently a kind of trolling now.

EDIT: Oh, I see you've posted the troll art. Nice.

can you blame me though there are ways and means to get points across in a considered manner but you seem to be intent on being provacative for effect. How has Tim been put in an impossible position ? How did you come to the conclusion that most supporters think that? And how after 8 games with ineffective substitutions and dubious selections with no apparent direction from Tim do you think it's the players not the manager who isn't up for the job ? 

• Like 1

Media commentary will be swayed towards Sherwood as he is their chum.

VT is 86% Sherwood out.

Your guesswork is just that, and it's antagonistic and patronising to boot.

If you're antagonised by my "guesswork," Stefan, maybe you should ignore it? Just a crazy thought? 

Are you related to Tim ? You seem to support the manager more than the team 

I resent that. I'm just as much a Villa fan as anyone. I don't especially "support" Tim.

I just don't like what I consider the unwise move to change managers at this time. And that horrendously extremist position is apparently a kind of trolling now.

EDIT: Oh, I see you've posted the troll art. Nice.

can you blame me though there are ways and means to get points across in a considered manner but you seem to be intent on being provacative for effect. How has Tim been put in an impossible position ? How did you come to the conclusion that most supporters think that? And how after 8 games with ineffective substitutions and dubious selections with no apparent direction from Tim do you think it's the players not the manager who isn't up for the job ? 

lambert imo was put in a more impossible situation.

• Like 1

Â