The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Hahah taking the word of the general as fact.

You must be new here.

Or you just didn't read his post properly!?

Here it comes, at last, voila! ... the classic, freshly minted, bona fide "The Sacking Rumors Are Pure Speculation" Pre-Sacking leaky non-leak:

So basically PM was saying this is the usual 'the manager won't be sacked right before the manager gets sacked' statement. 

Well. No. Regardless of whether it's good news or bad news, you should never listen to anything the general says.

Also the post had a ridiculous amount of additional words which weren't necessary which didn't exactly make his point clear.

^ Nope, the comments were made PRE-cup final. People didn't agree. They thought it was stupid timing.

My apologies if so however I thought they were made during the post final interview. You can say people didn't agree which is fair enough however I know a fair few that did agree. Even Delph commented on it after the final. Plus the comments were regarding the players finding a winning mentality. Something everyone can at least agree that they lacked and still do.

it was pre cup final. 100% because I was talking about them in the pub before the final with my mates. 

It doesn't matter if he's right. It's not something you should say in public. He probably thinks Richardson  is shit. Which is fine, he is. But if he came out in the press and said it we'd all think it was awful. 

I don't suppose any of these ex-professionals/managers/journos saying Tim Sherwood needs more time and shouldn't be under pressure have a valid opinion then?  They don't know what they're talking about clearly.  They MUST have been primed by Tim Sherwood surely ? Their opinion is different to the majority on VT so clearly they must be wrong - that seems to be how it works.   Yes? 

Pundits always back managers. Even when managers eventually get sacked, they still side with them.

I think you'd struggle to find many examples of mainstream pundits calling for managers to be sacked.

thats true....its all self interest.

I'm just wondering how anyone would know what a meeting involving Randy was about considering how secretive he is, and Tim wasn't in attendance.  I think a gutless performance on Saturday would be enough and Rodgers will be in by Tuesday.

where is mendi when we need him?

Ultimatum or not, backing of the board or not, The majority of the fans now want him gone. If Tim puts out the kind of brain dead team we saw against Stoke vs Swansea, and we go on the lose, the crowd will well and truly turn on him. Once that happens its just a matter of time, if it isn't already.

He'll be gone by November IMO.

A new manager wont make much difference, this club needs a change at the very top for anything to ever get any better, but thats another thread. Sherwood still has my support, the whole transfer thing is making the club looking a bit amatuerish to be honest and it's hard to really know what's going on.

Load of bollocks!!

• Like 2

Ultimatum or not, backing of the board or not, The majority of the fans now want him gone. If Tim puts out the kind of brain dead team we saw against Stoke vs Swansea, and we go on the lose, the crowd will well and truly turn on him. Once that happens its just a matter of time, if it isn't already.

A new manager wont make much difference, this club needs a change at the very top for anything to ever get any better, but thats another thread. Sherwood still has my support, the whole transfer thing is making the club looking a bit amatuerish to be honest and it's hard to really know what's going on.

Load of bollocks!!

Well said. It seems some people are believing the Sherwood PR campaign. We have a decent squad which will get better as it gels and acclimatises. What we don't need is a manager blaming everything apart from himself. Crap tactics, team selections and substitutions have got us where we are. I thought Sherwood would be a great man manager but it seems he's clueless. You don't say the players aren't your signings if you want them to play for you!!! 

• Like 2

A new manager won't make much difference?

How about a man with half a brain cell that's all it would take to be an upgrade on Sherwood

I'd be worried if the vote of confidence come from Lerner or Fox but because it's from Krulak i'll file it in the bullcrap category and if anything it reassures me that Tim will be getting fired imminently

Edited by AshVilla

Actually, the change from the top being needed and that we'd be in the same mess under different management is something I kept shouting about Lambert and constantly in the Lerner thread.  I was totally proven wrong...oh wait.

Villa under Lerner are reactive rather than proactive. I mean if Lambert was at a similar sized club like Everton or Spurs, he would have been sacked probably after the Bradford shambles, let alone 2 years later. I fully expect this mess to continue for at least another six weeks or so. Fox has some blame in this as well.

• Like 2

Villa under Lerner are reactive rather than proactive. I mean if Lambert was at a similar sized club like Everton or Spurs, he would have been sacked probably after the Bradford shambles, let alone 2 years later. I fully expect this mess to continue for at least another six weeks or so. Fox has some blame in this as well.

Lerner is essentially the problem, just none of the managers so far have helped the situation either.

'The General' say that Lerner wants continuity. But if we continue in the vein we have been, then he might have not any choice but to replace Sherwood with a different manager to see if it changes our fortunes.

I'm all for continuity, I argued as much backing Lambert for ages as I genuinely believed in his career he had shown enough to have some faith in him to sort us out. I think ultimately avfc broke his mind though ;)

With Sherwood, I find it very hard to have the same faith in him. I'd love us to smash Chelsea and Swansea and go on a run and Sherwood turn out to be genius. I have 0% faith in that outcome though and we need some points fast. If that means Sherwood getting a P45, then so be it.

• Like 2

I'm all for continuity, I argued as much backing Lambert for ages as I genuinely believed in his career he had shown enough to have some faith in him to sort us out. I think ultimately avfc broke his mind though ;)

With Sherwood, I find it very hard to have the same faith in him. I'd love us to smash Chelsea and Swansea and go on a run and Sherwood turn out to be genius. I have 0% faith in that outcome though and we need some points fast. If that means Sherwood getting a P45, then so be it.

Yes agree with this. Even under the total tripe with Lambert a lot of us still thought he could do a Norwich part 2 on this, but sadly that now looks a flash in the pan on his CV. Sherwood has half a season experience to compare to at Spurs who already had a good squad.

I remember the General used to be a loved minor celebrity on here

Tbf when he started and we were on the up and he was providing a link answering questions it was good, when we hit the brakes it became apparent that he only had about 3 answers, one of which was Nicky keye...

He became pretty much like what the feedback from the annual meeting is, dodge and avoid all questions with regards to why we are shit and what they plan on doing about it but quick to help anyone asking questions about pie flavours

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Krulak is an official voice of the club that can say, "We're behind our man." but he's distanced enough from the club so that Fox and Lerner can still sack him on Saturday night if they feel like it. 

All of the recent press seems to me to be saying dead man walking.

• Like 3

Â