The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

He won't get pushed on it though. This is the sport media not Jeremy Paxman. The sports press is in the main as spineless as our manager.  They deserve each other

I think he might but not by the local press. Although obviously Klopp will be the only show in town this weekend.

Wilkins has been on already. Saying the usual things players struggling to adapt, working hard in training, getting fitter blah blah blah. 

One thing that stood out was when asked about Tim being under pressure he said managers usually dread the first sacking of the seasons as the other clubs start to get brave.

With an ego as big as Tim's we shouldn't need to sack him, a bit of manoeuvring with the press and he will jump. 

The telegraph article is a reaction to the two game threat leaked to the press , I wonder what Tom will do now , nothing is my guess not till after we thrash Chelsea ........

I don't suppose any of these ex-professionals/managers/journos saying Tim Sherwood needs more time and shouldn't be under pressure have a valid opinion then?  They don't know what they're talking about clearly.  They MUST have been primed by Tim Sherwood surely ? Their opinion is different to the majority on VT so clearly they must be wrong - that seems to be how it works.   Yes? 

• Like 2

I don't suppose any of these ex-professionals/managers/journos saying Tim Sherwood needs more time and shouldn't be under pressure have a valid opinion then?  They don't know what they're talking about clearly.  They MUST have been primed by Tim Sherwood surely ? Their opinion is different to the majority on VT so clearly they must be wrong - that seems to be how it works.   Yes? 

Yes, I am of the opinion that their opinion is invalid. My opinion is different to yours so clearly I am wrong - apparently that's how it works, yes?

Pundits always back managers. Even when managers eventually get sacked, they still side with them.

I think you'd struggle to find many examples of mainstream pundits calling for managers to be sacked.

Pundits always back managers. Even when managers eventually get sacked, they still side with them.

I think you'd struggle to find many examples of mainstream pundits calling for managers to be sacked.

Its the old boys club. Its a cabal of similar minded blokes in the same industry. Noone speaks directly or negatively about anyone because it shines light on the rest of them and how farcically stupid they are. 

No different to talking to a group of bankers about the intelligence of giving bonuses. You're not going to get a contrary opinion that acts against the collective interest. 

• Like 2

Its the old boys club. Its a cabal of similar minded blokes in the same industry. Noone speaks directly or negatively about anyone because it shines light on the rest of them and how farcically stupid they are. 

Exactly.

It's the main reason pundits can be so pointless to listen to.

It's usually impossible for them to give an unbiased view.

Overall the squad is better than it was last year. Just need someone to manage them properly.

Disagree with this. We have replaced Lowton with Crespo, Baker with Ilori, Vlaar with Richards, Senderos with Lescott,Delph with Gana, Cleverley with Veretout, Benteke with Gestede and Weimann with Ayew. I'm failing to see any level of improvement apart from Richards coming in.

Lowton with Crespo: Well Crespo seems an impeccable passer of the ball so far. Has 3 or 4 more years' experience as a defender. Quite possibly an improvement.

Baker with Illori: Illori is very highly rated, whereas Baker is a good squad player with a concussion problem.

Senderos with Lescott: Lescott might be rubbish, but he's more likely to be able to play.

Delph with Gana: So far I'm seeing a player vastly more talented than Delph, he is coming back from injury at the moment so been iffy in the last two games.

Cleverley with Veretout: Wow we've had to replace Villa Legend Tom Cleverley with some promising young Frenchie? Ellis Out! Better than Cleverley in every way.

Benteke with Gestede: If Gestede stays fit for a full season scoring at his current rate, I'd take him over Benteke firing for a third of a season.

Weimann with Ayew: Yeah, it's a disastrous swap, that one, from a sentimental point of view, anyway. Luckily, in football terms, Ayew has shown that he is at least a zillion squillion billion times more talented than Weimann.

Then there's our three best players: Traore, Gil and Grealish. Whose places have they taken in last year's squad?

You must be watching another set of players to me then, but wouldn't this be a dull place if we all agreed. I wish I had your more optimistic view on the players but I just don't see much in this squad. I hope I'm wrong though but I can see this crop of players emulating the 1986-87 boys. I think we are in worse shape this season than last but we will see how it goes

Ah great so if Krulak's comments about Sherwood by Lerner are true were going to get relegated

He's actually buying the players have been unlucky spin from the press and "believes in the players" does he actually watch the games?

Guess we will have to wait until at least Christmas now before we sack him when it will be far too late

Â