The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

That is awesome. If there was no ultimatum then there's more chance of him getting the boot when we get spanked by Chelsea.

Maybe they haven't given him an ultimatum because they know that he is working with players that were not signed by him?

That is awesome. If there was no ultimatum then there's more chance of him getting the boot when we get spanked by Chelsea.

Maybe they haven't given him an ultimatum because they know that he is working with players that were not signed by him?

There's as much chance of anything.

Ultimatum or not, backing of the board or not, The majority of the fans now want him gone. If Tim puts out the kind of brain dead team we saw against Stoke vs Swansea, and we go on the lose, the crowd will well and truly turn on him. Once that happens its just a matter of time, if it isn't already.

He'll be gone by November IMO.

Ultimatum or not, backing of the board or not, The majority of the fans now want him gone. If Tim puts out the kind of brain dead team we saw against Stoke vs Swansea, and we go on the lose, the crowd will well and truly turn on him. Once that happens its just a matter of time, if it isn't already.

A new manager wont make much difference, this club needs a change at the very top for anything to ever get any better, but thats another thread. Sherwood still has my support, the whole transfer thing is making the club looking a bit amatuerish to be honest and it's hard to really know what's going on.

I still think, assuming we lose on Saturday, he won't be our manager for the Swansea game.

If he plays Nzogbia in goals or somewhere it most certainly will be and lets face it he could well do.  Nobody would be surprised

Said it before, saying it again: the club is a **** mess, the recruitment policy is a basket case, and anyone silly enough to defend them has lost sight of that fundamental incoherence of Villa Park's practices and policies. We don't know what the hell we're doing.

Shambles!

Tim Sherwood's future as Aston Villa manager remains uncertain as Sportsmail can reveal that owner Randy Lerner met senior staff in America last week.

Chief executive Tom Fox, head of recruitment Paddy Riley and sporting director Hendrik Almstadt were in the US for meetings that were already in the diary to discuss club business. 

But the timing of the gathering coincides with a deepening crisis and Sportsmail understands Sherwood, 46, remains in a precarious position with his side third from bottom having won only four points from eight games. 

I don't think the board would be expecting too much from the Chelsea game, even if Chelsea are not exactly on fire themselves. But, I would bet that they are looking for some encouraging signs such as: better team organisation, a decent display, for us not to get a severe beating or be totally outplayed. I think the only way Sherwood could lose his job before the Swansea game is if we get beaten on Saturday by 4+ goals or, we lose by less than that but have looked totally clueless.

A new manager wont make much difference, this club needs a change at the very top for anything to ever get any better, but thats another thread. Sherwood still has my support, the whole transfer thing is making the club looking a bit amatuerish to be honest and it's hard to really know what's going on.

A new manager will make enough difference to keep us up.

The squad is good enough for that.

That's as much reason as any to make a change.

Why did he say they were his players then in the summer?

Either way he should be doing far better.

What's extra depressing is that Chelsea are there for the taking (and who knows, we might), Liverpool and Man U were also not at all good when we played them.  As other teams are showing nearly any team can beat another this season (apart from Sunderland) and we really should have been able to get points.  Never mind the games we expect to win.

I'm fairly sure that those players whom he 'didn't want' have a pretty nice incentive to bury him over the next two games, so I don't anticipate doing much.

Yes those comments are slightly suicidal for non-tactics tim

I'm fairly sure that those players whom he 'didn't want' have a pretty nice incentive to bury him over the next two games, so I don't anticipate doing much.

Yes those comments are slightly suicidal for non-tactics tim

Yet there are still some on here giving him credit for his 'signings' this summer?

Why did he say they were his players then in the summer?

Either way he should be doing far better.

Who knows, will we really ever know??? It's a strange state of affairs but I wouldn't expect anything less with this club given all the stuff that hasgone on since MON walked away

I don't think the board would be expecting too much from the Chelsea game, even if Chelsea are not exactly on fire themselves. But, I would bet that they are looking for some encouraging signs such as: better team organisation, a decent display, for us not to get a severe beating or be totally outplayed. I think the only way Sherwood could lose his job before the Swansea game is if we get beaten on Saturday by 4+ goals or, we lose by less than that but have looked totally clueless.

I think the key factor will be that we could very well be bottom of the table come Sunday evening. 
I think that will prompt a reaction

• Like 1

I think we all agree that Lerner needs to go. But Fox appears to putting in place the sort of structure most of us have been crying out for. And now it's in place, its become a means of shifting a bit of blame from Tim's door. As an unproven and inexperienced Manager, I think it would have been gross mismanagement to not a have a team in place. (transfer committee, call it what you will) we would probably have ended up with the sort of squad that sent QPR down had he been left to his own devices.

I think saying 'the club is a F***g mess' or blaming a recruitment policy for the mess we are in, is a poor effort of detracting from the frankly laughable "job" Sherwood is doing.

Yes Lerner needs to sod off, but the more pressing issue is getting this chancer off the payroll and employing an actual Manager that has half a clue about how set up a football team.

Â