The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

This thread gets more embarrassing by the day.

By the minute

By the second!

There is a lot of nonsense in this thread. That is not so much of a surprise, but the fact that some of it comes from posters who have built a reputation for talking good sense is a bit more distressing.

• Like 1

think ill stay out of this thread for a while. Embarrassing comments from some people especially the personal abuse towards the manager. Support the club and it makes our fans look like Newcastle or Sunderland fans who are openly mocked on this forum for similar actions

I'd say we are currently worse than our North East counterparts at present which really is embarrasing

• Like 1

An absolute shite pile can be thrown at Sherwood in terms of results and some performances this season and criticizing his team selections, substitutions, formations, him being too gung ho or too negative, he is fair game for all of it in my book.

Therefore do people really want to accuse him of openly saying one thing in front of a camera or with a mic thrown in his face and then secretly saying the complete opposite in a leak to a reporter at some rag.

We have grown men and women having a go at him based on f**k all and total conspiracy theories. I love a good debate as much as anyone and think this is a fantastic forum but it is hard to debate in this thread when much of it is based on quote less crap written by some gutter press journalists.

I get that some don't like him. Never have, never will and the poor results and performances give plenty of ammunition to have a go at him. It doesn't need to be backed up by the frothing at the mouth abuse and opinion based on nothing more than press rumour and at best guess work tripe. As a collective we are better than that.

Mark I have always been against abusing managers/players (apart from the odd drunken outburst!) But generally other than a handful I don't see anything like the abuse that the likes of Lambert, O'Leary or McLeish received, despite the fact that IMHO Sherwood is the most inept and useless manager since Graham Turner. IMHO he may actually be worse than Graham Turner. In my 50+ years supporting the Villa I have never known a manager so out of his depth in so many ways. I didn't like the fact that he got the job but was wiling to give him the benefit of the doubt - I should have trusted my first instinct. He is "All mouth and no trousers!" as my dear departed Dad used to say!

• Like 2

If you act like a bellend then people will call you one. Sherwood is a bellend. At first, it was endearing because 'he was our bellend'

But now I'm totally fed up of it. I was never one to insult managers either. Totally disagreed with a shit Lambert had thrown at him.

But Sherwood is such a monumental knob that he deserves everything thrown at him.

• Like 1

If you act like a bellend then people will call you one. Sherwood is a bellend. At first, it was endearing because 'he was our bellend'

But now I'm totally fed up of it. I was never one to insult managers either. Totally disagreed with a shit Lambert had thrown at him.

But Sherwood is such a monumental knob that he deserves everything thrown at him.

I'll bite - how is he "a bellend" and "monumental knob"?

In every aspect of his personality. The way he sulks after a loss. The constant leaks to the press. Throwing his players under the bus. Calling the players losers on the eve of a cup final. His undermining to get AVB out. His chumminess with the media. I can go on.

• Like 1

In every aspect of his personality. The way he sulks after a loss. The constant leaks to the press. Throwing his players under the bus. Calling the players losers on the eve of a cup final. His undermining to get AVB out. His chumminess with the media. I can go on.

I don't see anything here that makes him "a bellend" or "monumental knob" aside from leaks to the press (of which is there is no proof he's doing anything?) and getting AVB out of a job... which wasn't even when he was at Villa.

I'd agree he's dislikeable but, again, the insults are unnecessary.  It's becoming the Lambert thread Mk II, basically.

Â