The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Well if we are set to sack Sherwood in two games, I doubt Rodgers would become a pundit and leave to takeover at Villa. 

I'd doubt rodgers is as certain as you are that we are going to sack Sherwood after the next two games. And even if we did I'm sure he could leave his role as a pundit if he wanted to.

A new manager won't make much difference?

How about a man with half a brain cell that's all it would take to be an upgrade on Sherwood

I'd be worried if the vote of confidence come from Lerner or Fox but because it's from Krulak i'll file it in the bullcrap category and if anything it reassures me that Tim will be getting fired imminently

I'm shocked at you questioning the judgement and views of a man with such knowledge. Just because he thought that Villa would finish top four the season after losing Young and Milner it doesn't mean he doesn't know his football.....I mean soccer. ;)

Looks like both sides are briefing the media in opposing directions. Handbags at dawn via third parties in the press. How very crap. 

It would appear Sherwood is helping to dig his own grave though briefing against the club will not go unnoticed and will not help his relationship with his players or the board. I really don't get it, if he had our interests at heart then he would be concentrating on points scored in the league not petty point scoring in the press. We really are in a bad way right now and the only medicine is points. Chelsea away and then Swansea doesn't say points to me either. 

How about a man with half a brain cell that's all it would take to be an upgrade on Sherwood

I'd be worried if the vote of confidence come from Lerner or Fox but because it's from Krulak i'll file it in the bullcrap category and if anything it reassures me that Tim will be getting fired imminently

I'm shocked at you questioning the judgement and views of a man with such knowledge. Just because he thought that Villa would finish top four the season after losing Young and Milner it doesn't mean he doesn't know his football.....I mean soccer. ;)

Actually Tom Fox press statements have been pretty disastrous to date. I m no fan of GK - but at least he was clear in his backing of TS - Tom Fox and his false narrative nonsense - would have clouded the issue further...  

Actually Tom Fox press statements have been pretty disastrous to date. I m no fan of GK - but at least he was clear in his backing of TS - Tom Fox and his false narrative nonsense - would have clouded the issue further...  

The board will always back the manager, even if it's not true.

Tom Fox wasn't going to come out and say "nah we're going to sack Lambert" was he?
He'd obviously spin it to make it seem the manager had the full backing even though I'm sure at that point they'd decided a sacking was a very strong possibility if nothign improved.

I'm guessing the same thing is happening now. Whatever Krulak thinks of Sherwood, his answer to any questions about it is always going to be in support of the manager.

Why do you think it's nicknamed the "dreaded vote of confidence"? 
It's because the manager always gets backed by the club, even though most of the time it's bollocks.

• Like 1

Got a feeling were stuck with this pudding tbh. 

Don't think the squad is that great - not sure where everyone is getting the idea it's full of good players from? They're certainly not immune from criticism. 

Can't see anyone worth having is going to be attracted to this shambles.

Don't think the squad is that great - not sure where everyone is getting the idea it's full of good players from? They're certainly not immune from criticism. 

Whilst the owner is in charge like he is now, the only people who would be interested are frauds or mercenaries.

Whilst the owner is in charge like he is now, the only people who would be interested are frauds or mercenaries.

Or people who relish a challenge, see the PL as a step up and a chance to prove them self in a new league 

• Like 1

I think Allardyce would have jumped at the chance to manage Aston Villa - as would Moyes and Pullis when they were out of work last season. Sadly our CEO is to dumb to act in a timely manner. We will probably get another out of work duffer come January.

I also agree your point - there is a distinct possibility that these players just aren't good enough.

Or people who relish a challenge, see the PL as a step up and a chance to prove them self in a new league 

Yeah, I can see how it's worked out like that so far.

I think Allardyce would have jumped at the chance to manage Aston Villa - as would Moyes and Pullis when they were out of work last season. Sadly our CEO is to dumb to act in a timely manner. We will probably get another out of work duffer come January.

I also agree your point - there is a distinct possibility that these players just aren't good enough.

Yep, opportunity missed there with Sam I think :(

I think we've seen that this job isn't for anyone who wants to prove himself. It's a nightmare job and we need someone experienced with a decent track record to steady the ship.

I think moyes is more achievable now than last season in all honesty. One name I am glad we are not linked with is Nigel Pearson can't stand that idiot 

• Like 1

Chelsea will hammer us tomorrow. We will go for it and it will be a 6-1 sorta result. I think that would tip the scales. Moyes would be such an excellent manager for us, perfect fit for each other at this stage.

Was just reading the Chris Sutton article and came across this one. Not sure its been posted.

Also, how many **** do I give about Chris Sutton's opinion? Surprisingly not many.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34541942

Tim Sherwood not frozen out of Aston Villa meeting

Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood and his side's style of playing are under scrutiny before Saturday's game away to Premier League champions Chelsea.

Speculation about Sherwood's future increased  when owner Randy Lerner met club officials in the United States last week, with the Villa boss absent.

But BBC Sport's Pat Murphy says the meeting was not behind Sherwood's back.

Sherwood chose not to attend as he wanted to work with his squad, who have four points from eight league games.

The meeting in the US was between Lerner, chief executive Tom Fox, director of scouting and recruitment Paddy Reilly and sporting director Hendrik Almstadt, while Villa's retail and commercial representatives also attended.

Sherwood was also invited but, with a break in the Premier League because of international fixtures, chose to familiarise himself with a squad of players that had a major overhaul in the summer.

He received a full debrief this week on the meeting, which had originally been scheduled three weeks ago.

After spending £55m on players during the summer, Villa have won one, lost six and drawn one in the Premier League.

Along with results, the style of play is also a concern for the Villa hierarchy, with a recent cautious approach and surprising tactical substitutions a contrast to the swashbuckling style that endeared Sherwood to the fans when he was appointed in February.

He saved the club from relegation and got them to an FA Cup final -which they lost to Arsenal.

Villa assistant manager Ray Wilkins believes it would be a "huge mistake" to sack 46-year-old Sherwood.

"He's an up-and-coming manager, he did extremely well at Tottenham and, let's not forget, it was only six or seven months ago that we were in the FA Cup final and staved off relegation," Wilkins told Talksport. 

"So we really shouldn't be talking about this type of situation."

Edited by sexbelowsound

He's talking about himself in third person again :wacko:

Link

Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood has been fronting up to the media after rumours emerged that he could lose his job should Villa lose to Chelsea on Saturday.

The Englishman is in defiant mood: "Once I get through this period everyone will benefit. Aston Villa will and Tim Sherwood will," he said.

"I'm a football manager and am responsible for results. That's what I'm paid for. I'll stand up to this."

Â