The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Whatever, I just don't think you get anywhere by keep swapping and changing managers. Give him to Christmas!

And we'll be bottom by then because our manager has lost 6 out of 8 games (piss easy games on the whole too)

Have fun backing such an insurmountable failure :-)

oh the irony

How so?

Because I backed Lambert to a point? I was by no means the last man standing. I wanted him gone far earlier than Hull.

Ignoring the fact that has NOTHING to do with Sherwood, it's just petty point scoring isn't it?

WTF is this point scoring you keep talking about?

just find it funny you get passionate defending Lambert and Westwood among others but when shoe is on the other foot its a lot more vitriolic

I'm a passionate person. I'm a Villa fan. I'll be passionate regardless of who I'm backing or not.

I'm not even going to engage with your point scoring anymore. Absolutely pointless (ha ha)

'point scoring'. It's self-explanatory and you know exactly what you're doing.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

I was not totally convinced before todays game that he couldn't turn things around. Today changed that. It confirmed to me what I thought of Sherwood in the last few games. He lacks experience, he hasn't got a clue of what kind of football he wants to play, he doesn't know which players should play in his starting eleven, he doesn't know where the players in the starting eleven should play, he doesn't even know what formation to play and he doesn't seem to have a plan going in to the game. If people really want to give him a few more games to find those things out then you are braver than I am.

As far as I'm concerned at worst it's time for damage control (Allardyce if at all possible) or going for someone with a proven record (be that in the Premier League or somewhere else).

Personally I'd like to get someone exciting who has some experience managing at the top level (not an interim manager like Sherwood was) from Europe. There are some good names out there it just time for us to try them. I know people will say we tried the exciting thing with Sherwood but the thing is he had barely any experience.

Vincenzo Montella is one. Unemployed now but managed to take Fiorentina to the Europa League semi finals and finished fourth in Serie A three season in a row. Was sacked in the summer because of a break in trust (don't have any details about that). Sound him out.

Lucien Favre is another. Did well with both Hertha Berlin (initially) and of course Borussia Monchengladbach.

There are loads more who are much, much more qualified than the current incumbent. Do it now, please.

Whatever, I just don't think you get anywhere by keep swapping and changing managers. Give him to Christmas!

we will be dead and buried by Christmas

That is the overwhelming concern at this stage. Sherwood appears clueless and has no solutions.

also spending net, one of the lowest in the Prem.

oh please.....the guy has spent £50m+ on a stack of decent players (plus Richards for free) 

the problem is that by the time he understands what to do with them we will be in the Championship. 

Fox needs to drop the hammer now!

I'm a passionate person. I'm a Villa fan. I'll be passionate regardless of who I'm backing or not.

I'm not even going to engage with your point scoring anymore. Absolutely pointless (ha ha)

so point scoring is a phrase you use when you dont want to argue? fair enough good point scoring

so point scoring is a phrase you use when you dont want to argue? fair enough good point scoring

What?

I've debated every point that you've put forward that isn't just attacking me as a poster (such as your point on keeping us up). Once you start the PoP then I'll call it point scoring and move on.

This was my prediction (being pretty conservative) before the season.

Bournemouth (a) - D
United (h) - L
Sunderland (h) - W
Palace (a) - D
Leicester (a) - D
West Brom (h) - W
Liverpool (a) - L
Stoke (h) - D

To get 4 points from that run of fixtures is a sackable offense in itself.

• Like 3

We all care about Villa. We all want what's best for the club, presumably.

But the substitutons problem has grown frustrating. That is the thing that riles me the most. I have said that I'm OK if he's given until November, but week after week, seeing promising players left out -- it's enough to make any one who cares about Villa bonkers. 

Enough is enough. Don't mind him staying on in some capacity, man motivator or whatever the feck he's good at but its time for someone who knows how to manage a team to come in. Setting up so defensively has gave me horrible Lambert déjà vu, what's happened to the pressing positive style we employed against the Baggies and Liverpool in the semi last season. It's like the Southampton game has cause him to bottle it completely with his positive approach (much like the Chelsea game under Lambert). Time to go.

It's like the Southampton game has cause him to bottle it completely with his positive approach (much like the Chelsea game under Lambert). Time to go.

Which was totally of his own doing too! He all saw that the high line wasn't working and he continued with it.

How can you expect him to know his best team with so many signings! I didn't like the team selection today but the players that kept of us last season. Namely, Benteke, Delph and Cleverley have gone and the players that have come in and replaced them aren't anywhere near the same level yet. We were going down last season before Sherwood came so its no surprise we are struggling now without those players.

This is a really poor excuse - we could never replace Benteke with an equivalent but generally the overwhelming opinion is that we have a much more balanced squad and many many more options.  We can't afford to become cut adrift whilst Tactics Tim "finds his best XI" (he won't). 

Fox either acts now or we will be dead and buried by December. 

My guess is that we will see him go after the next two or three games.

Chelsea will hammer us

We might have more options but they many of them are new to the Premier League and are not fit enough as Sherwood pointed out in his post match interview. Look at the energy that Cleverley and Delph brought to the team and compare that to what we had today. I don't know if Sherwood is right for the job but he deserves to be given more time having kept up up last season and bought in so many players.

• Like 1

I wish we could mate but with the position we'd almost certainly be in at that stage, any managerial change will then be superfluous.

How can you expect him to know his best team with so many signings! I didn't like the team selection today but the players that kept of us last season. Namely, Benteke, Delph and Cleverley have gone and the players that have come in and replaced them aren't anywhere near the same level yet. We were going down last season before Sherwood came so its no surprise we are struggling now without those players.

This is a really poor excuse - we could never replace Benteke with an equivalent but generally the overwhelming opinion is that we have a much more balanced squad and many many more options.  We can't afford to become cut adrift whilst Tactics Tim "finds his best XI" (he won't). 

Fox either acts now or we will be dead and buried by December. 

My guess is that we will see him go after the next two or three games.

Chelsea will hammer us

We might have more options but they many of them are new to the Premier League and are not fit enough as Sherwood pointed out in his post match interview. 

It's October ffs! How can they not be fit enough!?

Â