The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Lambo looks good now, doesn't he?

If I could swap him for Sherwood then I would.

You have a short memory, Useless.

No actually I have a long memory and am very grateful for what Lambert did for the club. But don't really want to get into it now, he's in the past now, and I already know that most people disagree with me.

• Like 1

another single goal defeat and you cna see what the problem is, I dont care if he is made of glass, plastic, paper mache we really should have signed Charlie Austin in the summer

FWIW I thought we played OK without any cutting edge today and played a lot better when Westwood and Sinclair came off

Not fit enough.

Thats the most pathetic excuse I've ever heard. 

The beauty with Sherwood is that just when you think the performance and result on the pitch was bad enough, you still have his utterly ridiculous post match interviews to follow.

The man is a prize prat of the highest imaginable order, must go now. 

• Like 3

He's lost me today. The worst thing is - despite being confused by his starting lineup, I liked his pragmatism in trying to keep it tight and nicking an important win - I think if he'd stuck with 3-5-2 then we might have sneaked it, as I actually thought we looked solid and could have kept a clean sheet. Instead, he totally changes the system at half time and leaves us wide open - the midfield set up was a farce second half, and Grealish was terrible when he came on.

We should be playing the formation he started with at Leicester - it worked well for 60 minutes and it actually suits the players we have in our squad. Instead, a second half collapse and he's totally bottled it and now we have no strategy whatsoever. The players look lost, regardless of confidence levels.

Still, he won't be sacked before Xmas, regardless of whether we get another single point or not. I would take Big Sam now, and I've never said that before.

Im going 6 7 or 8 nil when we play chelsea we will get battered no points from next 4 games under sherwood club needs to sack him to give us a fighting chance but we need somone that will attack and play gil grealish and traore maybe not at same time and i think nigel pearson is the best we can hope for.

Tim Sherwood admits: 'I still don't know my best Aston Villa team'

Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood admitted he still doesn't know his best team.

Villa have won just one of their first eight Premier League games and today's 1-0 defeat to Stoke leaves them in the bottom three.

Sherwood insists he is having to keep "jiggling" his starting line-up around as he seeks a winning formula.

Asked if he still doesn't know his best XI, Sherwood candidly admitted: "Absolutely and I think the team selection shows that every week.

VIEW GALLERY

"I'm trying to find the right way. You can't persevere with a team that hasn't won, you have to keep jiggling it around and trying to find the right solution and at the moment I haven't done that.

"I'm the manager of this football club, I have to take sole responsibility for the performances and the results. That's my job and I understand that fully."

Villa now have a two-week break before their Premier League campaign resumes against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on October 17.

He should go just for this seasons league results so far

WLLDLLLL

Whilst I don't consider us to have been played off the park or given a tanking this season, that return is diabolical and simply not good enough.

Thats true, every game we have lost has been by 1 goal only, and we've been "in" every single game until the final whistle. I'll give Sherwood that at least, we havn't been embarrassed in an individual game yet, although I think that will come soon enough.

• Like 1

Tim Sherwood admits: 'I still don't know my best Aston Villa team'

Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood admitted he still doesn't know his best team.

Villa have won just one of their first eight Premier League games and today's 1-0 defeat to Stoke leaves them in the bottom three.

Sherwood insists he is having to keep "jiggling" his starting line-up around as he seeks a winning formula.

Asked if he still doesn't know his best XI, Sherwood candidly admitted: "Absolutely and I think the team selection shows that every week.

VIEW GALLERY

"I'm trying to find the right way. You can't persevere with a team that hasn't won, you have to keep jiggling it around and trying to find the right solution and at the moment I haven't done that.

"I'm the manager of this football club, I have to take sole responsibility for the performances and the results. That's my job and I understand that fully."

Villa now have a two-week break before their Premier League campaign resumes against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on October 17.

you couldnt make it up

Two week break should be used to get a new man in and let him get cracking at clearing up the mess Sherwood created.

the mess he created by keeping us up ;)

Erm, nah.

The mess he created himself this season by getting 4 points from 8 games with his own players.

• Like 3

Â