The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Sothampton last season lost all there top players they had next to no players then spent a fair bit look at them now.

This season we lose delph cleverley and tekkers sign 50mil worth of players and look where we are. 

Were going down unless fox pulls the trigger chelsea is a guarenteed defeat why waste time letting tinker tim mess it up again.

If hes in charge we need to bloody attack attack attack grealish and gil starting.

• Like 1

How can you expect him to know his best team with so many signings! I didn't like the team selection today but the players that kept of us last season. Namely, Benteke, Delph and Cleverley have gone and the players that have come in and replaced them aren't anywhere near the same level yet. We were going down last season before Sherwood came so its no surprise we are struggling now without those players.

• Like 2

When he was appointed, I thought it was some kind of joke. I was genuinely gutted. 

He did a fair bit to change my perception of him early on, and I'd come round to the idea that maybe he was more capable than I thought. He didn't do a brilliant job in my view, but he did do a good one last season. The summer was positive and I think most agreed at the time that Tim and the club had done well in the market. 

It's been a disaster ever since. Poor selection, muddled tactics, bad substitutions and increasingly stupid post match interviews. All the reasons I didn't want him here in the first place. The worst thing is the bullshit. Lambert did all of those things, but at least he was generally honest with it and you knew he was doing the best he could. The problem is with Tim, I don't think he remembers half the bullshit he comes out with. 

All that bravado about not being in the same position next year and this being his team. Now it's all about a long hard season and being in a battle, looking to next season. 

He was supposed to be all about attacking, positive football, yet leaves our most talented players on the bench. Then starts going on a bout a lack of Mavericks! It's sound bite bullshit. 

He is showing himself to be the chancer many thought he was. 

I want him gone. It was a mistake. We should thank him for last season and hopefully leaving a few gems behind, but get him out before it's too late. 

Basically 100% agree with this.

Sothampton last season lost all there top players they had next to no players then spent a fair bit look at them now.

This season we lose delph cleverley and tekkers sign 50mil worth of players and look where we are. 

Were going down unless fox pulls the trigger chelsea is a guarenteed defeat why waste time letting tinker tim mess it up again.

If hes in charge we need to bloody attack attack attack grealish and gil starting.

just because Southampton did it means its easy. Liverpool lost Suarez and Spurs Bale and both have never got back to that level despite spending more than we have

How can you expect him to know his best team with so many signings! I didn't like the team selection today but the players that kept of us last season. Namely, Benteke, Delph and Cleverley have gone and the players that have come in and replaced them aren't anywhere near the same level yet. We were going down last season before Sherwood came so its no surprise we are struggling now without those players.

Absolute tosh.

Sherwood is 100% accountable due to his ridiculous tactics every. single. game.

• Like 3

A start would be to play as many of the players that put us 2-0 up against Leicester before he lost us the game with his brainfart subs, from which we haven't recovered.  I'd say the squad has plenty of talent in it in other positions compared to last season, it's just the new players who have shown a bit of ability have been shot to pieces and as for Gil, it's criminal.

• Like 1

I'd say the only "honesty"In a post match interview from Lambert was his constant use of the phrase "an honest bunch of lads" even when we played utter tripe he would come out with that !

Anyway enough of Lambert , Shitwood   

Has to go.

Edited by dounavilla

Tim Sherwood admits: 'I still don't know my best Aston Villa team'

Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood admitted he still doesn't know his best team.

Villa have won just one of their first eight Premier League games and today's 1-0 defeat to Stoke leaves them in the bottom three.

Sherwood insists he is having to keep "jiggling" his starting line-up around as he seeks a winning formula.

Asked if he still doesn't know his best XI, Sherwood candidly admitted: "Absolutely and I think the team selection shows that every week.

VIEW GALLERY

"I'm trying to find the right way. You can't persevere with a team that hasn't won, you have to keep jiggling it around and trying to find the right solution and at the moment I haven't done that.

"I'm the manager of this football club, I have to take sole responsibility for the performances and the results. That's my job and I understand that fully."

Villa now have a two-week break before their Premier League campaign resumes against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on October 17.

you couldnt make it up

In other words.

"I still don't have a **** clue"

Whatever, I just don't think you get anywhere by keep swapping and changing managers. Give him to Christmas!

And we'll be bottom by then because our manager has lost 6 out of 8 games (piss easy games on the whole too)

Have fun backing such an insurmountable failure :-)

Yeah! I mean how on earth should he know his best team with so many of his own signings???

• Like 1

We should have gone down last season, and we stayed up, partly because Sherwood got the best out of Cleverley.Then CB went, Cleverley went, we bought players with the captain still at the club, then he went.All plans went out the window, and he had to buy, imo , more players than he wanted, and also spending net, one of the lowest in the Prem.

To bed so many new, and largely foreign, players in such a short period of time was always going to be very difficult, but , although having my initial doubts about Sherwood, i actually like most of the players he has bought.I rreally like Avami, Gana, Richards,and other players like Veretout, Ayew, Traore look good long term buys, on top of that Gil and Grealish are very exciting young players.I think there is a good team in there somewhere, whether Sherwood is the manager to bring them all together is another question, but having bought them, and presumably having a plan, i think he deserves the chance to try.

We need more pace in the team, Traore was a big miss today, as was picking Westwood and Sinclair, imo he needs to be more bold, have more faith in his signings, and play them.Ayew and Traore up front, Gana and Veretout in midfield, and a better defender alongside Richards, Okores?, with Sanchez in front.

• Like 1

This is a really poor excuse - we could never replace Benteke with an equivalent but generally the overwhelming opinion is that we have a much more balanced squad and many many more options.  We can't afford to become cut adrift whilst Tactics Tim "finds his best XI" (he won't). 

Fox either acts now or we will be dead and buried by December. 

My guess is that we will see him go after the next two or three games.

Chelsea will hammer us

It's not pre-season anymore. He should know his best XI by now.

I heard him say in the post match interview that he's still going to change things around to try and find the right formula.

He kept us up last season and I thank him for that, but he's out of his depth. The job is too big for a rookie.

Whatever, I just don't think you get anywhere by keep swapping and changing managers. Give him to Christmas!

And we'll be bottom by then because our manager has lost 6 out of 8 games (piss easy games on the whole too)

oh the irony

oh the irony

How so?

Because I backed Lambert to a point? I was by no means the last man standing. I wanted him gone far earlier than Hull.

Ignoring the fact that has NOTHING to do with Sherwood, it's just petty point scoring isn't it?

Â