The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Please Tim, bring Jimmy home. ;)

Want

Grealish----Delph---Cleverley---Millner

Wouldn't be bothered by Milner any more. Never go back. I would rather sign Sinclair and Cleverley on permanents and then look for someone younger.

I'm really excited to see what Tim can do in the market. If there was any genuine praise for Lambert, it was that he seemed to know his moves in the transfer windows. The rumours so far have been Bamford from Chelsea on loan and Sako from Wolves.

Allegedly Sako is demanding 50k a week from his next club with a fat signing on fee,

Although a good squad addition would it be lessons learnt?.. He's 28 next season and is non the greater than Nzog imo!

It's not what's being built at our place.....best he ignores us.

It's very difficult to make a simple statement in a complex situation.....

.....but it's all about managers.

Would Chelsea really have won without Mourinho, maybe maybe not, he made it a certainty.

Every where you look managers are at the centre of success or failure.

Just analyse the situation with Lambert & sherwood.....no money involved from the owner?

Just analyse all the preceding dark clouds before Sir Ron, not much money spent the rest is history

Cast your thoughts to Athletico and simone.

Cast your thoughts to Mourinho @ Porto

Cast your thoughts to Nottingham forest with Clough..

It's all about managers......luckily we gave a good one.

Edited by TRO

30 next season Milner, lets look to the future.

To be honest, that's a reason why I thought we might have a slim, outside chance of getting him. He'll probably go to Liverpool, Spurs or even a Top 4 team, but does he want to be a rotation option when he's nearing the end of his career? I know we'd be well, well down his list of options, but there could be a slim chance that he'd like to get back to playing 90 minutes a week in a team where he's valued as one of the first names on the team sheet.

/dreamland

Sako will be 28 next season. 

I Would rather roll with a tee total Milner at 30 in the top flight than an unknown/unproven 28 year old Sako. 

What Milner would do off the field for the young lads needing guidance will be worth his wages alone, and thats without even kicking a football!

like leave at the very 1st opportunity of a big contract?

I would never begrudge any human being from bettering themselves in any walk of life, Be it butcher, baker or candle stick maker. 

You shouldn't be going to work to make friends or be liked by random folk, you go there to be professional, do a job and make as much money as possible for you and you're family! 

If you wanna be liked by random folk, join twitter or mong book!

True but Delph didn't and thats why I have bags more respect for him than I do Milner. Delph seems like a really top guy.

I totally see where your coming from, however the Steve Gerrard's & Matt Le Tissier's of this world are very few and far between.

Yeah.

We beat them .....

In the fa cup..

Semi final.

Ho ho blo##y ho !

Were going to Wembley. They are going on their holidays.

Sorry couldn't help myself.

Slippy Geeeeeeeeeeeeee

To be honest, that's a reason why I thought we might have a slim, outside chance of getting him. He'll probably go to Liverpool, Spurs or even a Top 4 team, but does he want to be a rotation option when he's nearing the end of his career? I know we'd be well, well down his list of options, but there could be a slim chance that he'd like to get back to playing 90 minutes a week in a team where he's valued as one of the first names on the team sheet.

/dreamland

I Would rather roll with a tee total Milner at 30 in the top flight than an unknown/unproven 28 year old Sako. 

What Milner would do off the field for the young lads needing guidance will be worth his wages alone, and thats without even kicking a football!

I would never begrudge any human being from bettering themselves in any walk of life, Be it butcher, baker or candle stick maker. 

You shouldn't be going to work to make friends or be liked by random folk, you go there to be professional, do a job and make as much money as possible for you and you're family! 

True but Delph didn't and thats why I have bags more respect for him than I do Milner. Delph seems like a really top guy.

I totally see where your coming from, however the Steve Gerrard's & Matt Le Tissier's of this world are very few and far between.

I don't remember Matt le Tissier handing in a tranfer request, having talks with other clubs and generally holding the club to ranson to make him the highest paid player in their history.

• Like 1

/dreamland

Yes I don't mind players like Barry and Young who gave a number of seasons to Villa then moved on but Milner no he jumped ship too quickly when he had the opportunity and for that reason alone I would never want him back.

/dreamland

Completely different situation, though.

When was Delph ever going to Man City or Chelsea - or, indeed, anyone else for that matter?  Milner has gone to Man City and played over 140 games for them, winning trophies and playing in the CL.  Delph is simply not at the same level.

I don't remember Matt le Tissier handing in a tranfer request, having talks with other clubs and generally holding the club to ranson to make him the highest paid player in their history.

Yeah, while it's still loyal to stay with a club for so long, it's easy to do so when you're winning a decent amount of trophies and getting paid huge money for it. Still can't knock it too much though, he could've got probably more money and won more things by leaving Liverpool, but he didn't.

/dreamland

When was Delph ever going to Man City or Chelsea - or, indeed, anyone else for that matter?  Milner has gone to Man City and played over 140 games for them, winning trophies and playing in the CL.  Delph is simply not at the same level.

He is playing far better than Milner is now

He got Adebayor to play, imagine what he could do with Benteke?

I think he's simplistic tack ticks wise, which will be good short term, but he's supposed to be a good coach.

He's in nice and quick as I think Stoke is very winnable.

Reading some of the first few pages, there's some gems...including this from me...forgetting the Stoke thing.

You mean the very first opportunity to win the league and play in the Champions League? You begrudge him his medals? Or wanting to win them to begin with?

of course not but this opinion that people have that Milner is some sort of diehard Villa fan or even a Villa legend is sad and pathetic.

some Villa fans hold this guy in better regards than Barry

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 4

Milner was the last player I ever expected to run off at the first sign of the Man City $$$$$$. Boy did I judge him wrong. Wouldn't want him back.

Milner was the last player I ever expected to run off at the first sign of the Man City $$$$$$. Boy did I judge him wrong. Wouldn't want him back.

:crylaugh:

yeah it was just the money. Not the league titles, cups and champions league participation?

• Like 3

You mean the very first opportunity to win the league and play in the Champions League? You begrudge him his medals? Or wanting to win them to begin with?

of course not but this opinion that people have that Milner is some sort of diehard Villa fan or even a Villa legend is sad and pathetic.

In terms of what they've given the club there's no doubt barry is head and shoulders above Milner and don't think any Villa fan would dispute that. 

It's easy to see why some don't hold Barry in high regard, though - due to the way they left the club. Barry opened his gob, talked a lot of bull, went to the press, got suspended from training, was disruprive, etc. etc. Milner kept quiet, was thoroughly professional, played for Villa a couple of days before he left and gave his all, as always, not pulling a Dwight Yorke. So there's more context here than simply what Barry or Milner have given Villa throughout the years. 

• Like 3

In terms of what they've given the club there's no doubt barry is head and shoulders above Milner and don't think any Villa fan would dispute that. 

It's easy to see why some don't hold Barry in high regard, though - due to the way they left the club. Barry opened his gob, talked a lot of bull, went to the press, got suspended from training, was disruprive, etc. etc. Milner kept quiet, was thoroughly professional, played for Villa a couple of days before he left and gave his all, as always, not pulling a Dwight Yorke. So there's more context here than simply what Barry or Milner have given Villa throughout the years. 

I think it is the opinion held by some, as Zatman rightly says, that Milner has an affiliation to this particular club, that is just a bit pathetic.

Excellent player, obviously, and left us to better himself - rightly so - but we really are just another club to him.

He is playing far better than Milner is now

So is Gary Gardner - especially as Milner is barely playing.  What's your point here?

I think it is the opinion held by some, as Zatman rightly says, that Milner has an affiliation to this particular club, that is just a bit pathetic.

Excellent player, obviously, and left us to better himself - rightly so - but we really are just another club to him.

Yep, this.

I think he was definitely fond of the club, but why would he turn down more money plus the potential of league titles, cups and european titles just to stay loyal to us?

It's crazy to think he would do that. As others have said he always gave 100% and left as quietly as you can really.

I can't believe people would begrudge him the move that he got.

Â