The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I had come to the stage that I could barely watch us... now its enjoyable! We are actually entertaining and we haven't said that for a while. Long may it continue

• Like 2

Guest av1

I remember talking to some friends after Tim was appointed, I was not just underwhelmed, I was angry, really didn't want him.

Now, after turning the most boring, painful to watch team in the league, (who were IMO certainties for relegation) into one that plays with passion and purpose, I am for the first time in along time feeling optimusi about the future.

With Tim leading the charge.

One astounding feature we've developed is reacting to a goal scored against us. We've countered it many times with a goal of our own in the next few minutes. In addition to today, we did it against Liverpool and City too, didn't we? It's just fabulous we don't crack when being scored against.

And just wanted to add that I love this thread tonight!

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

Tim Sherwood has got us playing football unlike his predecessor who so many thought could not be bettered.

Thank you Tim for showing us the way and proving the doubters wrong.

This is exactly what Lambert had convinced me, infact I think he convinced the team as well.

Never wanted Tim, and loving how wrong I was...

Tim "they're playing like a Tim Sherwood side"

Reporter "what's a Tim Sharewood side?"

Tim "They win"

That is, without doubt, the best quote from a manager I have ever read. Outstanding.

Top shagger.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

Makes me hopeful he can rejuvenate the careers of Bent, Helenius, Sylla, Bennett and Gardener.

hell he might even turn Tonev into a football, ok maybe not

Yep, maybe not.

Makes me hopeful he can rejuvenate the careers of Bent, Helenius, Sylla, Bennett and Gardener.

hell he might even turn Tonev into a football, ok maybe not

Yep, maybe not.

ha ha i meant to say footballer, guess both are just as unlikely :)

• Like 1

I remember talking to some friends after Tim was appointed, I was not just underwhelmed, I was angry, really didn't want him.

Now, after turning the most boring, painful to watch team in the league, (who were IMO certainties for relegation) into one that plays with passion and purpose, I am for the first time in along time feeling optimusi about the future.

same. i was so annoyed because i thought Fox would have gone for some foreign manager like pochettino type

Edited by gharperr

Really didn't want him, really didn't think it would work, really didn't like the way he believed his own hype, really like that i was so wrong. The football were playing is exactly what i want. A good blend of playing direct and playing on the ground. Keep it up Tim.

• Like 2

Really didn't want him, really didn't think it would work, really didn't like the way he believed his own hype, really like that i was so wrong. The football were playing is exactly what i want. A good blend of playing direct and playing on the ground. Keep it up Tim.

Lol, he does make it seem so easy. It's like he's just doing everything I've said to do all along...

I really did want him but never expected him to have this much impact. He has raised the level of every player and hopefully we stay up and win the cup and look forward to next season as it was comatose under Lambert.

• Like 1

same. i was so annoyed because i thought Fox would have gone for some foreign manager like pochettino type

So glad we didnt.  These foreign managers usually need lots of new players to fit their own 'systems'. Then these complex systems of theirs needs lots of time to actually work if they ever do. Sherwood's just seen the squad and and quickly adapted a system that suits the players we've got. Top man. Wouldnt exchange him for any other manager out there.

Â