The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Guest av1

“I am allowed to sign whoever I want so long as I can justify the signing. But I believe even if we didn’t make a signing we wouldn’t be in this position again,” Sherwood said.

This is the main part for me, I genuinely believe him that we won't be in this position again.

Also the bit about about signings suggest to me that plans are already afoot, and that there maybe money available whatever happens with regard to a potential takeover.

His first ever summer as a football manager - it'll be an interesting test for him and difficult for us to guess what he's going to do because he's an unknown quantity there.

I can't imagine he'll stray too far from what he knows well this summer. That could mean former or present spurs players a plenty, but if he can accomplish what he has with players he was previously without strong knowledge of, behind the scenes at least, then I'm fully confident he can improve us even with just a few signings.

I definitely won't be getting on his back no matter who he signs anyway. It's fair to say he knows what he's doing

It's exciting.  If we stay up I'm actually going to be excited about the summer, and the forthcoming season.

Moving to Canada was a hell of a lot easier when we were absolute dross.  Now I'm up at 6.45 on Saturday mornings to watch the match.

• Like 4

Samesies TreeVilllan. Towards the end I did really start to dislike Lambert and his ways, but I was not confident at all once we confirmed Tim - I just thought we needed a different type of manager to get us out of the mess we were in. Someone who had done it all before etc. part of me thought we should just stick with Paul!

Very wrong indeed.

Edited by Tayls

Please Tim, bring Jimmy home. ;)

Want

Grealish----Delph---Cleverley---Millner

Wouldn't be bothered by Milner any more. Never go back. I would rather sign Sinclair and Cleverley on permanents and then look for someone younger.

I'm really excited to see what Tim can do in the market. If there was any genuine praise for Lambert, it was that he seemed to know his moves in the transfer windows. The rumours so far have been Bamford from Chelsea on loan and Sako from Wolves.    

• Like 2

He's certainly delivered with everything he's said so far pretty much. He's definitely a confident man too, suggesting at least 2 wins and possibly 3 from our last 3 league fixtures!

Interesting comments about even if we don't sign anyone we wouldn't be in this position again too. Our results since he's been here if they were to continue would see us mid table quite comfortably, so I think he's right there and he might have an eye on some of the younger lads coming through and the younger first team squad players being a year older etc. All things that *should* make us stronger next year too.

I really hope he's right, especially the 2/3 wins thing. Then he'll have achieved something very notable already in keeping us up in style. If he can keep his head up through the inevitable bad run, whenever that may come, and stick to his guns and get us playing well after it. Then we may be on to something very good indeed. As it stands keeping us up and getting us looking dangerous and playing well is probably more than most of us were expecting. Just keeping us up by the skin of our teeth would have done ;)

Please Tim, bring Jimmy home. ;)

Want

Grealish----Delph---Cleverley---Millner

Wouldn't be bothered by Milner any more. Never go back. I would rather sign Sinclair and Cleverley on permanents and then look for someone younger.

I'm really excited to see what Tim can do in the market. If there was any genuine praise for Lambert, it was that he seemed to know his moves in the transfer windows. The rumours so far have been Bamford from Chelsea on loan and Sako from Wolves.    

Depends on who we lose in the summer, Bamford and Sako don't excite me much to be honest. I think this summer it's more important who can keep rather than who we bring in. Would love Cleverley and Sinclair to join

30 next season Milner, lets look to the future.

To be honest, that's a reason why I thought we might have a slim, outside chance of getting him. He'll probably go to Liverpool, Spurs or even a Top 4 team, but does he want to be a rotation option when he's nearing the end of his career? I know we'd be well, well down his list of options, but there could be a slim chance that he'd like to get back to playing 90 minutes a week in a team where he's valued as one of the first names on the team sheet.

/dreamland

Â