The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Roy Keane and his manager PL had their chance.

My message to Keane is......**** off you word removed

Fixed.  :)

Briny...your more to the point than me...thanks

Keane also criticises the training methods of Belgium striker Christian Benteke.

He writes: 'He wasn't one for scoring many goals in training. With all the top strikers I'd worked with, the top ones always loved scoring in training.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3069820/Roy-Keane-claims-Tim-Sherwood-laying-groundwork-Aston-Villa-job-long-Paul-Lambert-sacked.html

I think here we begin to get an insight into why Benteke was so demoralised when he came back from his long injury. Having to endure **** comments like this when you are trying to recapture form must be very depressing.

Thank heavens Tim came in time to turn things round for Tekkers

Gary Lineker didn't like scoring goals in the warm up because he didn't want to 'waste the goals'

He is one of England's all time goalscorers and won an England golden boot.

Keano wouldn't have had him in his Ipswich team though.

What a **** idiot.

I would like to preface this with that I am a Keane fan, from his playing days and I thought he was ok for us in his short time here.

BUT......

Isn't the whole point of MANAGEMENT how you MANAGE your staff/team. As a restaurant manager I am responsible for the results of my team weather good, bar or indifferent. It's a manager's job to motivate and get the best out of his people. All the Villa players have showed they have the ability since Tim has been here. So because Keane/lambert couldn't get this out of them it is the players fault... I had an assistant kitchen manager who wanted to be the full kitchen manager, but always blamed poor kitchen performance on other staff not listening to her. The whole point of management is to make them act how you want, if you can't do that then you are not good at managing

• Like 2

Tim Sherwood is on another planet when it comes to managing a football team compared to both keane and lambert

Keane seems to be in alot of pain, otherwise he wouldnt come out with all this crap

He should try meditation.

• Like 3

Blimey.....as soon as we get a bit of improvement the vultures start circling.

Never heard a peep about the villa from outsiders.....when we were struggling.

• Like 2

Tim Sherwood is on another planet when it comes to managing a football team compared to both keane and lambert

Keane seems to be in alot of pain, otherwise he wouldnt come out with all this crap

He should try meditation.

I think Keane should maybe just try a good old fashion "Shut the **** up"

Edited by Kingman

WhoScored.com@WhoScored 5 hrs5 hours ago

Aston Villa: Since Tim Sherwood took charge, only Man City & Arsenal (19 each) have scored more goals in the PL than Aston Villa (17) #avfc

I bloody love that stat. I know it's hard (as others have said quite correctly) to extrapolate Tim's part of this season over a whole season. But I'm very optimistic about next season, and for me, optimism and hope are key parts of being a supporter. You always need to feel that ''maybe we could" feeling, which was absent under Lambert, certainly towards the end of his tenure.

• Like 1

Aston Villa: Since Tim Sherwood took charge, only Man City & Arsenal (19 each) have scored more goals in the PL than Aston Villa (17) #avfc

Would be interesting to know what the league table would look like, if the season had started from the game he took charge.

Edited by Kingman

Who cares if Sherwood was attending our games prior to his appointment?

I'd say that he probably was sounded out some time before he was appointed. What would fans prefer? Sherwood jetting off to a beach for a holiday before returning to work? Or putting as much work in as possible prior to the inevitable appointment so as to hit the ground running when starting the job?

To me it further shows his commitment, dedication and determination to succeed in the job.

Maybe Keanes claims that he would have kept away is another example of why he is such a poor manager? He's not fit to lace Sherwoods boots in terms of management. Instead of criticising, maybe he ought to look a bit closer into Sherwoods style. Who knows? Maybe his head will come out of his backside long enough for him to learn something.

• Like 2

Would be interesting to know what the league table would look like, if the season had started from the game he took charge.

Well, we've taken 13 points from 10 games in the league. Not sure about a 10 game league but over 35 games that would give us 45 points which would put us 11th. 

Not spectacular but that doesn't capture the upturn post-Newcastle nor does it include our cup run. 

To be "fair" to Keane he did say if he was linked to a particular club in which the manager was struggling. Keane does go to a lot of football matches.

Only as Sherwood himself pointed out, Aston Villa was about the only job he wasn't linked to. #sellsbooks

Well, we've taken 13 points from 10 games in the league. Not sure about a 10 game league but over 35 games that would give us 45 points which would put us 11th. 

Not spectacular but that doesn't capture the upturn post-Newcastle nor does it include our cup run. 

I'd take that next season.

Looking at the table at the moment, 50 + points would get you top 10 no problem, maybe even 9th at a push and say we were on 10 extra points with these last 3 games left I'd fancy us to finish on 51 or 52 points.

Where do I sign?

13th but crucially 8 points off relegation zone

• Like 1

Â