The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

It's just a great dollop of sour grapes.

Every man and his dog at villa was to blame for villa's demise....up steps Tim to show em how it's done.

P*** off Keane.

• Like 1

It's just a great dollop of sour grapes.

Every man and his dog at villa was to blame for villa's demise....up steps Tim to show em how it's done.

P*** off Keane.

THAT's a lot closer to what I'd say! :D

I'm still ambivalent towards Sherwood, as much as I'm enjoying the results and football so far there's still a nagging feeling that its only a few games away from going tits up and him resigning, we've yet to see what he can do under pressure after losing a few games on the spin. I know its a dour outlook to have and I hope I'm proved wrong and he goes on to be our manager for a decade and win us a few trophy's along the way.

As for Roy Keanes comments, i agree with some of what he says, we are a tired club, tired after many years of poor management, of which he was a part of, however how small he's contribution was, he was still part of it & he soon **** off when results went south.

I'm still ambivalent towards Sherwood, as much as I'm enjoying the results and football so far there's still a nagging feeling that its only a few games away from going tits up and him resigning, we've yet to see what he can do under pressure after losing a few games on the spin. I know its a dour outlook to have and I hope I'm proved wrong and he goes on to be our manager for a decade and win us a few trophy's along the way.

As for Roy Keanes comments, i agree with some of what he says, we are a tired club, tired after many years of poor management, of which he was a part of, however how small he's contribution was, he was still part of it & he soon **** off when results went south.

We lost Swansea and Man. United back to back and were only 7 minutes away from losing to QPR which would've been a disaster. From 1 point in 9 results have been pretty good since.

Sherwood ain't resigning anytime soon, when he was rejecting QPR, Palace and all those clubs, this was the opportunity he was waiting for so he won't be walking away from this easily.

• Like 1

We've lost a couple on the bounce under him already, twice, and we seem very adept at coming from behind during matches themselves. Most of my nagging doubts have been put to bed early on, yet I appreciate that as a long term appointment it is still very much in the balance.

We lost his first two games in charge (Stoke and Newcastle) and then lost to Swansea and United after two wins. It has been far from perfect but we have bounced back under Tim.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

I said a FEW games on the spin, not 2, a few, like 3, 4, 5 games.

I mentioned the lose a few and resign because that's what I'm used to happening at Villa, from little to O'Neill, good football managers that resign at the drop of a hat, I already said my outlook is dour, glass half full, whatever you want to call it, I'm just not convinced Tim will be here in 24 months time, despite how much id love that to happen.

Edited by Jimzk5

I can understand people saying they want to see how Sherwood reacts when things aren't going to well but did you use that criteria for other managers? How many games did we lose on the bounce under MON for example? Losing 2 games can lead to a run of defeats but Sherwood seems to have the personality to put games behind him and have the manamangement to get players performing again. The players were in a rut when he came so he can turn them around so I for one hope we never lose 3 4 or 5 games on the trot but if we did I'm confident he'd turn it around.

If you want to see him operate under pressure and probably the worst season to go down.....what do you think this is?

: D

A walk in the park?

A roller disco?

A teddy bears' picnic? 

A dollies' tea party? 

Edited by robby b

I want to see Mourinho lose a number of games and see how he reacts....he wouldn't allow it...and it won't happen.

and when our manager gets his budget and pre- season he won't too allow it either.

I said a FEW games on the spin, not 2, a few, like 3, 4, 5 games.

I mentioned the lose a few and resign because that's what I'm used to happening at Villa, from little to O'Neill, good football managers that resign at the drop of a hat, I already said my outlook is dour, glass half full, whatever you want to call it, I'm just not convinced Tim will be here in 24 months time, despite how much id love that to happen.

O'Neill didn't resign because of losing football matches though. In any case he was here 4 full years which is a decent innings for a football manager nowadays.

Paul Lambert managed 32 months in charge didn't so to me unless there's a change in ownership which usually leads to a managerial change sooner or later Sherwood will be here for a good while.

Edited by VillaChris

Â