The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Can anyone explain what Tactics Tim means.

I've seen it on this forum and mentioned by fans of other teams. 

Is it complimentary or a p!ss-take out of him?   Why?

I believe its a piss take and a reference to the perceived notion that he only sticks to a rigid 4-4-2? They may well have formed that opinion whilst he was at Spurs and to be honest I don't know how rigid his setup was there but the fact is he isn't anywhere near as rigid as people believe him to be.

Edited by sexbelowsound

I was saying we should stick with Lambert for quite some time until he had to go. Before then I thought changing was more of a gamble than not.

While no one can say what would or wouldn't have happened had we changed managers earlier, it appears I was wrong. Sherwood has made a much greater impact than I thought possible and it seems to be more than just new manager bounce. Long may it continue.

This all over, I had fallen into this same trap with Lambert.

I didn't want Sherwood at this stage, not the right man to keep us up...and after the first two games I was worried.

It hasn't taken long at all to realise how wrong I was. A few champion performances from the unlikeliest of players quickly suggested that maybe a positive impact was approaching.

I had a think on, and thought maybe this guy has everything to prove? Seems he bloody well does, and is starting to prove it quite spectacularly.

Keeps this up and I will want to have his babies, lol

Im not going to go and find the quote but a couple of weeks ago 'Id rather Carles Gil be here next season than Tim Sherwood' got 10+ likes, which I thought was utterly bizarre.

Keep proving them wrong Tim, wind everyone up, throw your jacket/coat/gilet all over the place. Love the passion. 

• Like 2

Im not going to go and find the quote but a couple of weeks ago 'Id rather Carles Gil be here next season than Tim Sherwood' got 10+ likes, which I thought was utterly bizarre.

Keep proving them wrong Tim, wind everyone up, throw your jacket/coat/gilet all over the place. Love the passion. 

:o Really??

Ideally we can just have both?

Edited by sexbelowsound

Opinions on VT?

Not allowed! :rant: 

Fair play to Sherwood, I've had my doubts about him and voiced that opinion, but he's certainly making me look very stupid.

If we can have a good end to the season now and pick up a few wins, we will go into the final full of confidence, win or lose its an achievement in itself to get there.

I still have concerns how Sherwood will react if the team goes through a bad patch, but i don't care about that now.

Its good being a villa fan right now and Sherwood deserves a lot of credit for that.

• Like 2

Listening to Sherwood talk about how Villa were sticking to their own game plan designed to hurt Liverpool and not worrying about what Liverpool did. And that's what I saw as well. When we went one nil down everyone on the match thread thought it was game over, because under Lambert it would have been. But when Villa resumed, they started playing the game they had been playing before Baker went off, while Liverpool got all excited about being one ahead. It was just a very mature performance and very clinical. Brendan changing his backline to reflect the scoreline just seemed silly in retrospect, and bringing on Balotelli and Lambert looks absolutely desperate. They didn't know how to play against us. I thought we passed it forward more often than we played it long.

His word in the ear of Benteke when he arrived seems to have been inspired. We're going to get you chances. You're going to get the ball in good positions. And if you miss the chances, that's ok because we're going to get you another chance. You sort of get the impression that Lambert's talk was that they'd get the ball towards Benteke and it was up to him to do the rest. If Benteke misses, well that's his fault, because the team got him the chance. Benteke looks so relaxed under Sherwood compared to under Lambert. Villa looks like a team that would be fun to play with at the moment.

• Like 2

It was great coming into work today. I've had colleagues who are cockney reds congratulating us and admitting we we were much better than them.

I've had Arsenal fans saying how they're worried we might do them in the final.

I've had fans of various other teams saying that they really enjoyed watching us yesterday.

Pride has been restored. Thanks Tim.

• Like 2

Since 1980 only three teams have won all domestic trophies and the top european trophy.  Hoping you can make us the fourth Tim!

There can't be many before 1980 can there??

Not that I think we have much more than a ghost of a chance of winning the cup, just so we're clear!

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

Since 1980 only three teams have won all domestic trophies and the top european trophy. Hoping you can make us the fourth Tim!

There can't be many before 1980 can there??

Not that I think we have much more than a ghost of a chance of winning the cup, just so we're clear!

Why?

I think we've got a great chance. We are tenacious, quick, dynamic, strong. We punish lapses in concentration. We are exactly the kind of team that give Arsenal the shits.

Forget the past. We need a couple more wins in the league and then we can relax and throw everything at them. Much like Liverpool they won't know what has hit them.

I'm bang up for it. Bring them on.

• Like 4

Been seeing loads of these quotes from the Wembley dressing room and it seems they're all quotes from fans/staff to the players. Don't know who's idea it was, but i can see why the players seem to play better for Tim. Class act.

CC9U3pOW0AA00bc.jpg

CC9JNkhW4AA_Zum.jpg

The whole changing room looked class. Would love to see some proper pictures.

There were quotes on the walls and stuff as well, not just in the lockers.

Whoever's responsible for that deserves a medal

Â