The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I really wasn't sure about Sherwood when he came in, but he's doing a hell of job to convince me.

Same - he's done almost nothing wrong since coming in. 

Shhh ....

Don't mention the Gil!

• Like 1

Are we in Europe next year now?

That's a good question. I've heard yes and i've heard no.....

100% no. We have to win it, if arsenal win it means it goes to the next highest PL team in the league.

As much as i'd love to be in Europe I don't think we could handle the distraction of it. We need to focus purely on establishing ourselves as a solid PL team next season.

Nonsense - I really don't like this view of thinking.  Same as fans wanting to finish in the top four rather than win a domestic cup.

Give me European football every single season from now until forever.  It's not a distraction, it's **** exciting.

• Like 1

Nonsense - I really don't like this view of thinking.  Same as fans wanting to finish in the top four rather than win a domestic cup.

Give me European football every single season from now until forever.  It's not a distraction, it's **** exciting.

Yep, Europa League football hasn't proven to be a distraction for any team, ever.

Yep, Europa League football hasn't proven to be a distraction for any team, ever.

Sort of like cup runs, right?

Again, give me F.A. Cup semi-finals every single season from now until forever.

Our league form will suffer if we are playing in Europe. It's is utterly inevitable. Flying over for Thursday games takes it out of players. You need the finances to have a big squad to play in Europe. 

• Like 1

Been saying till I'm blue in the face on here and elsewhere for more than a year......there is nothing wrong with our players (good chunk of credit to Lambert for the squad assembled).....they just needed a positive approach and some decent motivation.

Sherwood starting to remind me of Keegan's first spell at Newcastle.

He is inspirational.

Oh come on. Cup runs don't send you all over Europe on Thursday nights do they. If we get it then great, European football is amazing, but just not right for us next IMO.

Been saying till I'm blue in the face on here and elsewhere for more than a year......there is nothing wrong with our players (good chunk of credit to Lambert for the squad assembled).....they just needed a positive approach and some decent motivation.

Sherwood starting to remind me of Keegan's first spell at Newcastle.

He is inspirational.

Pretty much everybody knew and said we had a good squad, just Lambert didn't know how to get them playing. 

Oh come on. Cup runs don't send you all over Europe on Thursday nights do they. If we get it then great, European football is amazing, but just not right for us next IMO.

Irrespective, they are still deemed a "distraction" - and I'd still take them every season.  The same with European football.

The match at home to Ajax a few seasons back had an absolutely superb atmosphere.  Likewise, actually, the games against Rapid Vienna - the away fans in this instance were brilliant.  I love all that.  It's an occasion and it's exciting, much like today.

Beats plodding in mid table with nothing else going on all day long, for me.

Â