The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I've thought about it for a bit and decided that, on balance, Sherwood has done quite well for us so far.

He's been alright, I guess.  If you like great football, lots of chances, goals and wins with Benteke the best striker in Europe at the moment I suppose.

Yeah, if you like those sorts of things he's not done too badly.

• Like 1

Finally changed my mind about Sherwood today. He is clearly getting the best out the squad, we are playing good football and his enthusiasm is infectious.

Enthusiasm usually is Mike.....we just haven't seen much of it for years

#TACTICS TIM

If we actually win this thing he deserves a knighthood - I'm sure Prince William can sort something out. ;)

I'd give his his own forest.

• Like 2

I was saying we should stick with Lambert for quite some time until he had to go. Before then I thought changing was more of a gamble than not.

While no one can say what would or wouldn't have happened had we changed managers earlier, it appears I was wrong. Sherwood has made a much greater impact than I thought possible and it seems to be more than just new manager bounce. Long may it continue.

It is more than manager bounce.....we now have one that knows what he's doing and is willing to work at it.....but there will be set backs...that's football.

Are we in Europe next year now?

No, it's all on the league and winners only now, UEFA changed the rules. We will be when we beat Arsenal and lift the cup though.

No Euro consolation for FA Cup losers - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32358581

Heaven forbid more teams like Wigan, Hull, Swansea and Millwall qualify for European competition and devalue it!

Love the interview he gave on Swedish Tv after the game yesterday. The reporter said "How come there has been such an upturn for Aston Villa since you arrived?" Tim replied "Because I´m inexperienced." 

• Like 3

Well Spurs fans don't rate him, Liverpool fans were taking the mick on RAWK about "Tactic Tim" but you know what I don't give a toss what anyone else thinks as right now this guy has reminded me of why I love Aston Villa.

I'm so proud to be a Villan today and for that I would salute Tim Sherwood.....................well I've had to salute enough Officers and none of the f###ers ever made me feel proud!

Are the Wembley dressing rooms usually decked out with motivational sayings and such? I have seen the fight like lions hashtag and Grealish posted this up.

CC9Hm2sXIAAAkNs.jpg

If these are down to Sherwood and his staff, then i can see why the players respond so well to him. Goes that extra mile to give confidence to the players.

That's class, even if it is a dolly parton quote!

Well Spurs fans don't rate him, Liverpool fans were taking the mick on RAWK about "Tactic Tim" but you know what I don't give a toss what anyone else thinks as right now this guy has reminded me of why I love Aston Villa.

I'm so proud to be a Villan today and for that I would salute Tim Sherwood.....................well I've had to salute enough Officers and none of the f###ers ever made me feel proud!

They can take the piss out of his tactics all they like, he neutralized them completely and out thought the 'tactical genius' Rodgers who switched his system 4 times to try and combat us and only managed to control the game for about 15 minutes tops.

• Like 3

Â