The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

We look set to concede more than last season

We look set not to score as many.

I really wouldn't be surprised if he's gone by Christmas.

Literally don't understand how you've come to that conclusion.  :blink:

He's one of the Villa Fans that's a miserable sod!   ;)  :P

I think we're going to be a lot like Keegan's Newcastle this season.  Not in terms of attacking ability/pushing for the title, but I think we'll be an entertaining team.  Plenty of goals scored, plenty of goals conceded.

I can't even put a finger on where I think we'll finish.  It's anything from 8th down to 16th for me.

It's going to be fun, though, for a change :D

I think we're going to be a lot like Keegan's Newcastle this season.  Not in terms of attacking ability/pushing for the title, but I think we'll be an entertaining team.  Plenty of goals scored, plenty of goals conceded.

I can't even put a finger on where I think we'll finish.  It's anything from 8th down to 16th for me.

it'll be an emotional rollercoaster like it always is. just one that actually entertains for once.

I'm going into the season hoping to be entertained regardless of what the end result is. We've thrown everything including the kitchen sink at trying to make this club viable in the current Premier League so as long as the players give their everything then whether we get Top 6, 8, 10, lower or even looking at relegation again it won't be without trying.. 

I'll tell you something ,I will love it I would, love it!

We look set to concede more than last season

We look set not to score as many.

I really wouldn't be surprised if he's gone by Christmas.

That's the spirit!  :D

• Like 2

I don't think we'll score any goals, I think we'll concede every game, I think all of our players will go down simultaneously with cruciate ligament injuries and Tim will be outed in the sun as a sexual predator who traps players in the changing rooms for his special 'facials'. Am I doing this right?

• Like 2

I'll tell you something ,I will love it I would, love it!

No kidding. I don't much care for the mags but Keegan's Newcastle was bloody brilliant.

On the captaincy. I honestly think it's a smart move by Sherwood. Does Richards deserve it? Of course not, however Richards is a player that needs to feel important. What better way than giving him the captaincy? If he can't play to the best of his ability as the captain of a massive club and in a position he thinks he is best at then that's his problem and he won't last long here. Sherwood has given him everything.

Clark is the captain in my eyes, Villa through and through and doesn't need the armband to get up for games. He'll continue to put in 100% no matter what.

• Like 1

On the captaincy. I honestly think it's a smart move by Sherwood. Does Richards deserve it? Of course not, however Richards is a player that needs to feel important. What better way than giving him the captaincy? If he can't play to the best of his ability as the captain of a massive club and in a position he thinks he is best at then that's his problem and he won't last long here. Sherwood has given him everything.

Clark is the captain in my eyes, Villa through and through and doesn't need the armband to get up for games. He'll continue to put in 100% no matter what.

Agree with everything you say about Richards, it's a gamble but could be a fantastic move.

Disagree on CC, but only as I don't rate his ability as much as other fans, think he's come off one very good season but still has a lot to prove.

Agree with everything you say about Richards, it's a gamble but could be a fantastic move.

Disagree on CC, but only as I don't rate his ability as much as other fans, think he's come off one very good season but still has a lot to prove.

I don't rate him massively either,I think he still has a lot to prove but in terms of giving his all, he always does, armband or not.

It's interesting to read the comments on this last page.

A guy I work with is an Albion season ticket holder and he cringed when they brought in Pulis. He hates him with a passion and is fuming that they took him on because, he doesn't like his "anti football style of play". He said he knows Albion will not challenge for anything so all he wants to see is entertaining football whether they win or lose.

Under Lambert last season we were playing boring stuff and looking like going down. Sherwood came in, got the ball to the beast quicker and we were saved. Now, the beast has gone and it's allowed Sherwood to build his own team. It could be a huge success, some people even suggesting we could be a surprise package this season. Or, it could be a massive failure with so many new faces, many without any experience of the so-called hardest league in the world. People are suggesting that so many new players will take time to gel and are questioning their ability as many of them are relatively unknown.

The boring thing about Paul Lambert was you always knew what he would say and do next. The fun thing about Tim Sherwood is that you never know what he will say and do next. This has been a summer of highs and lows but, more importantly, it's been fun to be a Villa fan. It's given us something to talk about and allowed us to be interested in our club for a change.

Whatever this season brings - highs of a top ten finish, mid-table safety or, the low of relegation - it should at least be exciting and, for a lot of us, will be enough to keep us happy.

I'd agree with all of that.

You know, I'm warming to this chap. More so since the football stopped admittedly.

There are two real areas of concern for me:

1) Giving Richards the captaincy.

2) Playing Richards as a CB.

Agree. Centre half is a big concern for me. I've been very positive about the signings and Sherwood but if we don't get a decent one in I think we'll struggle.

Â