The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Right folks it will probably be the end of the spending bar maybe a centre half i am over the moon with the signings but i dont expect us to fly up the league immedietely it will take time to gel time which tim will defo get. Lets just say the lads take abit of time to settle and to start we struggle im very confident we will reap great rewards in the next few years the players we have for the tekkers and wealth money will make us stronger in the longrun. Basically this new adventure will take time rome wasnt built in a day and i want to thank tim tom and randy for giving us villa fans something to look forward to buckle up folks were in for a great time. Utv

Need to take things slowly really given how low things have been in last 5 years....but if we can get a few early wins and new signings can get settled I don't see why we couldn't sneak into the top 10 by end of season.

Last season Palace were actually lower than us at xmas time and they had a great second half of the season and finished 10th in the end.

What I like about Sherwood is he's allergic to draws in the premier league which will massively help keep us away from premier league relegation zone. 

Imagine if this whole new XI we basically have clicks straight away and we finish 5th-7th and play the most entertaining football in the entire league along the way, pretty much all down to Tim The Rookie Sherwood's vision and perfectly executed masterplan and he gets all the accolades and media plaudits, chances are we would probably lose him next summer when the envious eyes of the big sides in Europe come after him to do the same at their flailing clubs.

Just saying; Could happen.

Imagine if this whole new XI we basically have clicks straight away and we finish 5th-7th and play the most entertaining football in the entire league along the way, pretty much all down to Tim The Rookie Sherwood's vision and perfectly executed masterplan and he gets all the accolades and media plaudits, chances are we would probably lose him next summer when the envious eyes of the big sides in Europe come after him to do the same at their flailing clubs.

Just saying; Could happen.

Brought my first season tickets in 4 years today. My faith has been renewed that we are out to make more than the numbers up this season and after the Mcleish and Lambo years it just feels like we are now turning the corner. Think as other that we will have ups and downs but the signs are certainly more positive after this summer. Can't wait now!

• Like 1

I think I must be the only one who isn't convinced that we're now suddenly a good team. I still think we're in huge risk of relegation, specially as I've never seen most of our signings play before.

It's exciting having all these new players but who knows how they will settle, how they will step up to the Premier League, how they will gel together.

Wouldn't surprise me if we finished 17th-15th again.

• Like 1

specially as I've never seen most of our signings play before.

Good on you to trust our scouts, Tim's connections, our sporting director and our entire club staff. If you went and watched every game these new lads played in maybe you could formulate a non speculative opinion?

Lambert is gone is and so it the completely lack of backing from the board. These are all excellent players who are young and are very, very fast. We have a forward who likes to carry the ball at his feet, a striker who likes it in the air, we have proper wing backs, a real core of a midfield, micah richards, cieran clark and okore... can you not just allow yourself a second the feel like we actually have a chance of winning a game after doubting whether we could score or even get a shot on target. 

UTV

• Like 1

I'm sure Newcastle fans trusted their scouts with all the French players they brought in... apart from Cabaye, it didn't really work did it? 

As I said, it's exciting, i'm just not convinced.

Edited by PieFacE

Proof is always going to be in the pudding. I for one am not convinced we're not going to be in the bottom 6 again. Mostly based on the fact that Ive never heard of or seen most of them play yet. Still think he deserves a bit of credit. The cull thats happening has been a long time coming imo. At least we will have tried to avoid rather than sleepwalked towards relegation. The world loves a tryer

There's an old cat saying, "It's better to live one hour as a tiger than a whole lifetime as a worm."

• Like 1

Easiest thing is to buy these players. . The hard part is to make them fit in the premier league and play as a team. Let's see how we go. Still have my reservations on our defence. Liking the look of our midfield. Be interesting to see what team is picked first. I think Crespo with very little fanfare will turn out to be one of the better buys

Tim has played a blinder in this window but the hardest part of the job is basically ahead of him. He's got to get these guys functioning as a team very quickly.

Edited by Ponky

I'm sure Newcastle fans trusted their scouts with all the French players they brought in... apart from Cabaye, it didn't really work did it? 

As I said, it's exciting, i'm just not convinced.

Debuchy :)   

Think people are over hyping a bit too be honest. I know he was just kind of dreaming but somebody said 7th. Anything where were not in relegation battle with 4/5 games to go and ill be happy

• Like 1

Â