The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think it's only the fee that is holding up the Benteke move.....in principal he is as good as gone.

Strikers for me are an interesting bunch....most of us just look at th amount of goals in a season ang judge on that criteria alone, I think there is much more to it than that.

All strikers have barren runs...but the very good ones have less dud games than the others. Some strikers will notch up their annual haul with penalties and scoring when a team is already two goals up.....the very good strikers win you games, they get goals when you need them....like Alan Shearer did.

We signed Tony cascarino & Guy Whittingham I would suspect on goal scoring stats......The more discerning would have chosen their partners in crime....Teddy Sheringham & Paul Walsh.

Jose Mourinho recently made reference to the strikers that make their own goals and those that rely on others, there is a big difference in my view....he made this point about Torres v Drogba

Christian Benteke is good player and has been great for us, but so was John Carew.....these players do need service, no disrespect they are not like Thierry Henry and before an avalanche of criticism comes my way in terms of quality of player....Henry cost 7 mill when Arsenal signed him....these players are out there, but it's not easy to find them.

We can sign players better....we just have to look that bit harder and have a bit of luck

Unless I'm misunderstanding you how can the fee be holding anything up?

The fee is the only definite thing about this isn't it? i.e. it's either £32.5M or feck off

I think it's only the fee that is holding up the Benteke move.....in principal he is as good as gone.

Strikers for me are an interesting bunch....most of us just look at th amount of goals in a season ang judge on that criteria alone, I think there is much more to it than that.

All strikers have barren runs...but the very good ones have less dud games than the others. Some strikers will notch up their annual haul with penalties and scoring when a team is already two goals up.....the very good strikers win you games, they get goals when you need them....like Alan Shearer did.

We signed Tony cascarino & Guy Whittingham I would suspect on goal scoring stats......The more discerning would have chosen their partners in crime....Teddy Sheringham & Paul Walsh.

Jose Mourinho recently made reference to the strikers that make their own goals and those that rely on others, there is a big difference in my view....he made this point about Torres v Drogba

Christian Benteke is good player and has been great for us, but so was John Carew.....these players do need service, no disrespect they are not like Thierry Henry and before an avalanche of criticism comes my way in terms of quality of player....Henry cost 7 mill when Arsenal signed him....these players are out there, but it's not easy to find them.

We can sign players better....we just have to look that bit harder and have a bit of luck

The fee is the only definite thing about this isn't it? i.e. it's either £32.5M or feck off

how much we get upfront?

how much we get upfront?

Got to be all of it surely to meet the release clause? It has been posted earlier (possibly in this thread) but I don't think we have to release Benteke to speak to others / complete medical etc unless the full price of the release clause is met.   

I'd expect signings to be made imminently by Tim.  What is clear now is that there should be money to spend. 

Edited by trekka

well Gregory said when Yorke left he wished he had a gun as he would shoot him

With Sherwood I suspect he probably doesnt have to wish as he's already got one!!!

I fear we've made a complete mockery of our manager with this whole Delph situation. 

not true. Its all Delph on this as he made the u-turn. Not like board sold him behind Sherwood back then it would be a case

Sherwood looks a mug now with his Delph comments earlier this week, I'd be interested to know if anyone's watching the Braga friendly what his demeanour is like? If Delph had done that to me I'd be getting the first flight back to England and looking to sort him out!

Anyway he deserves all the support he can get from us, no snide comments especially if we get off to a slow start next season. This is a harder job than any of the Lambert season imo.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

I wonder if he'll last the calendar year before walking.

This.
wonder if he will get all of the money from players sold

Plus the additional 20 mill we needed before we even sold them

• Like 1

Â