The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

If the latest rumours are true then Sherwood's got such a heavy job on his hands. Vlaar and Delph seemingly gone, Benteke perhaps likely to follow. That's pretty much the spine of the team, even if they'd have stayed the squad still needed major work. Good luck to him, I think he's going to need it.

As much as Lambert pissed me off... I now feel horribly for Sherwood, he's going to have his hands tied without any investment and is losing big players. Sort of understandable where some of the Lambert dross came from. I genuinely believe we are screwed for next season. Good luck though Timmy, right behind you!

As much as Lambert pissed me off... I now feel horribly for Sherwood, he's going to have his hands tied without any investment and is losing big players. Sort of understandable where some of the Lambert dross came from. I genuinely believe we are screwed for next season. Good luck though Timmy, right behind you!

Doesn't seem like we're short of money given the bids that have been reported on from various quasi-reliable sources though. We've got,what, 25m in bids out there at the moment?

• Like 1

I will laugh at the likes of Delph who has ruined his career going city

I don't really get this TBH. How has he ruined his career? He's moved to one of the biggest clubs (currently speaking) in the league, a club that'll be challenging for the title and other honours, a club that'll see him training with some of the best players in the league day in day out and helping him to improve his game, a club that'll see him play, however briefly, in the Champions League, and a club that's going to pay him 25 million quid over a 4 year deal. A career, generally speaking, is there to make you money, let you do what you're good at and, all going well, do it to as high a standard as you can. 

If he plays 15 games next season he'll still be achieving more than he would've done at Villa

Except for the three £8m-£10m offers we have put in for players.

Spot on.

We are dooooooomed.

• Like 2

If the latest rumours are true then Sherwood's got such a heavy job on his hands. Vlaar and Delph seemingly gone, Benteke perhaps likely to follow. That's pretty much the spine of the team, even if they'd have stayed the squad still needed major work. Good luck to him, I think he's going to need it.

Not saying he hasn't got a big job on.....but they were a part of a team that consistently finished at the lower end of the league....they were amongst our better players, but it's all about a team.

I seen andy gray John Deehan & John gidman all go in the same summer.

It's more now, to do with who we bring in.

Ps I don't want them to go......but if it's inevitable......the sooner the better.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Bringing the right players in is a heavy of itself. Teams who make whole sale changes often struggel, QPR and Sunderland being recent examples. Even worse we've hardly begun on that front and the season is only a matter of weeks away.

It has always happened to us ......because we are a selling club.

But I can't say it enough.....with the recent league positions, we are obviously not very good at buying/ developing.

That is not having a pop at tim Sherwood......more at his predessors

Doesn't seem like we're short of money given the bids that have been reported on from various quasi-reliable sources though. We've got,what, 25m in bids out there at the moment?

Say Gueye is a direct replacement for Delph for a similar fee, and in terms of quality should be similar... the actual transfer fees combined out there are up to say highest, 20 million? In the past few windows we've spent between 10-20 million. Rather than the Lambert approach of 7 players for 20 million say, Sherwood might be going for the 2 quality players in the same budget. Can you really see Lerner splashing money? I'd like to think we have more money because of the TV money etc, but I just don't see us spending a load to improve... I can't see us improving if we can't retain our best players.

Except for the three £8m-£10m offers we have put in for players.

Spot on.

We are dooooooomed.

Read the above. Maybe writing "we are screwed" was over the top... but this time of year we get false optimism... come Feb, March, its a bit more like reality as it has been for the past few seasons. Others are improving and retaining. 

Edited by BigCarew

Bringing the right players in is a heavy of itself. Teams who make whole sale changes often struggel, QPR and Sunderland being recent examples. Even worse we've hardly begun on that front and the season is only a matter of weeks away.

I agree wholesale changes are not ideal.....but we have generally bought badly under successive managers, that has to come home to roost at some stage.

I think we have done magnificent to not get relegated at anytime recently......now we must find a way of bringing in the right characters and holding on to them long enough to bring some more in......we need a consistent run of good decisions in the transfer market as opposed to a consistent run of bad decisions.

Â