The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I actually wouldn't blame him if he walked away.

Not really sure why? He has a real opportunity now to bring a few players in and shape the squad how he wants it.

Yeah it's rubbish that Delph has left, but he can be replaced. Benteke was always gone this year. That can't come as a shock.

He must have known about both release clauses when taking the job on. He now has at least forty million to spend and create his own team with a blank canvas.

#NoLose.

Let's hope he does!

The squad sure needs it.

I actually wouldn't blame him if he walked away.

I think he could wave goodbye to his career if he did that. 

He's got a good opportunity here to build something. It's a tough job but he now has more leeway than any manager in recent years to shape his own squad. Just hope he has it in him.

• Like 1

Top 8 next year, you heard it here first.

Edited by jim
  • Like 1

Don't be too surprised if Tim Sherwood has a hidden Agenda and is secretly pleased....apart form the Delph fee, which is regrettable.

He watched the cup Final as well as we did.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Were saints mark 2 they lost lallana lambert etc we can do it they were great this season.

They had a much better side and spent wisely. We don't have a great track record so far with selling good players and replacing them with better.

However sherwood was going on about getting rid of losers and bringing in winners, whilst I liked delph, his goal return and assists is not great, it's not too long ago people talked about him being a headless chicken, with a reckless tackle good for a fair few suspensions. We were rubbish with him playing so it's hard to see where he made the difference, didn't score many, assist many, or make us hard to beat. I would probably liked to have kept him still though.

@Squawka: Fabian Delph made fewer successful through balls (2) the past 2 league seasons than:

Phil Jones

Lee Cattermole

Shola Ameobi

Mathieu Debuchy

Tim Sherwood cannot change the feelings and mental attitude of Fabian Delph & Christian Benteke playing for Aston Villa.....They have been through the trials and tribulations of a troubled time with us and that may of played its part.....apart from the unadulterated lure of money.

Ron Atkinson equally failed to convince David Platt to stay and subsequently used the 5 mill to good effect, as short lived as it was....it happens

Perhaps the 2 were not having anymore jam tomorrow......their call.

Edited by TRO

Were saints mark 2 they lost lallana lambert etc we can do it they were great this season.

@Squawka: Fabian Delph made fewer successful through balls (2) the past 2 league seasons than:

Phil Jones

Lee Cattermole

Shola Ameobi

Mathieu Debuchy

we should bring them 4 into our midfield

Anyone heard any quotes/interviews from Ts post friendly tonight?

He has been unusually quiet

Perhaps he's been briefed on the club about this and instructed not to say anything whatsoever

The way I see it is Tim and all us fans saw a pretty poor Benteke and Delph in that cup final. We need players to fight for the cause, they very much dissapointed me in that game to the point where I thought we need players who want to be here.

What's this madness talk of Tim leaving, he's only been here 5 mins and has a job to do. He promised us if we stay up this season then we'll never be in that position again, I expect him to keep the promise....I trust in him too.

Just hope randy doesn't go and screw it up, all the money please.

All managers must realise that players have their price. We're getting a fair deal for Benteke, Delph has trampled on the club but even then Tim can put a positive spin on it. Importantly he has a fair bit of money to spend and the club has scouted some seriously good prospects and seem to be attracting them before we even got the cash in our pocket. He has the opportunity to build something exciting with a clean slate. I doubt he is losing any sleep.

I hope Tim's next interview contains a few choice words about Fibian's U-turn.

There's no need to be nasty, but if he can carefully, yet professionally rip him a new one, I'll be pleased.

• Like 2

Â