The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I wonder if he'll last the calendar year before walking.

Naah. He's gonna have about £50-60m to spend over the coming weeks. Despite the fact we have lost some of our best players, it's still a load more than he would get elsewhere and a chance to really put his mark on the side.

Personally I think the task might be too big for him, but I don't think he'll walk out on it early.

If tim sherwood walks away from us there is no other manager who is either confident nor capable if helping us. Tim sherwood is really passionate about villa he talks like he has been here years. If tim get 50-60m he can succeed but if tight wid gives him 20-30mil im afraid lerner will own a championship club this time next year.

Edited by villan501
  • Like 2

This is the lowest point fir aston villa fc for years and years ive got no confidence in randy lerner.

Fortunately, it appears Randy has passed the reins to Tom Fox who is running things - he's practically a silent owner.

I actually wouldn't blame him if he walked away.

Apart from Delph, I would have thought things are pretty much as expected right now?

If he doesn't get given the full income and then some to spend, then there might be some justification, but if he walked now, he'd struggle to get another job anywhere near as big as this (in every sense).

• Like 1

There is a championship manager feel to the whole thing right now. It's like when you start a new game and stick all of your players on the transfer list, then buy a whole new team.

It's shaping up to be possibly the most exciting summer window we have seen, but on the other hand, is isn't Champ Man and rebuilding a side stripped of its better players, in one summer and hoping they all work out is one unbelievably big task.

Even bigger when you are a pretty inexperienced manager who hasn't previously signed any players.

It could be a brilliant summer and season, it could be an absolute clusterf**k. It won't be dull.

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

I remember Lambert saying a couple of years ago if someone offered him 20 m for Benteke he'd "drive him there myself".

With good reason.

He's a good player who !ay become great but he's been unable to elevate us, and that's because to get to top six/ eight we need a far far better team, with plans AB and C, formation flexibility, better technical ability, better characters etc.

The money from Scousers and Man City will, if well spent do far more good than keeping the two players. Especially if another 10-20 million thrown in on top.

See no reason for Sherwood to be unhappy it is virtually a no lose situation, if he fails well people are already saying were doomed.

If he succeeds (and I think he will, fingers crossed) he will be rightly celebrated.

• Like 1

I am going to be optimistic and say Sherwood will get in players of his own and we will start the season with a starting 11 mainly consisting of new faces which means the memories and psychological mindset of being a team of losers would be all but extinct from the squad, in it's place we will have players eager to prove their worth in the premiership for the first time, trusted pro's like Clark and Guzan along with some talented eager youngsters ie. Grealish, Gardner, Robinson.

Could be a blessing in disguise.

Looking at Gueye he is extremely similar to Delph so we have his replacement there, we need to replace Cleverley and Benteke and add a few more of quality and I think we will be ok.

Sherwood will get us playing good football, Gil will be again like a new signing but this time in the right environment.

UTV

As much as this Summer has been a roller-coaster it's been fun in a very weird and possibly sadistic way. I mean we signed Micah Richards of all people, let that sink in one of the best right backs in the UK before his injury plays for Aston Villa now and didn't cost us a penny (ignoring signing on fee's). We signed Idrissa Gueye someone that on paper is better in every way than Fibian Wealth, someone pretty highly rated if all things are to be believed. We are close and I mean close to signing Jordan Amavi a stunning left back that all manner of clubs were after. 

Yes we have lost Fibian Wealth and we are losing Christian Benteke on Monday/Tuesday that sucks as they will be missed, well one of them will. Though that grants us more money to spend close to £40.5 million to be exact and that's not counting whatever Tim Sherwood still has left originally. We always complain every Summer that nothing happens and finally for better or worse we have a summer full of intrigue, excitement and heartbreak and I'm quite honestly loving it although some parts more than others. So I am sure Sherwood, Fox and the rest have ideas on how to spend the money. Whether it's on Balotelli or Adebayor, Praet or someone else entirely. I look forward to seeing what our starting eleven looks like as it looks like a complete refresh is on the cards.

• Like 3

I actually wouldn't blame him if he walked away.

Why should he? The club was powerless to prevent either player going. As long as he gets all thT money to build his own squad why should he quit? There is something like 50m for him I would love it if I was manager

I would only walk if they gave me a fraction of that money

Â