The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

He must wonder what he has walked into. He inherited a shambles, performed miracles in keeping us up and getting us to a cup final and then sees Cleverley, Vlaar, Delph and almost certainly Benteke leave.

Good luck Tim. You and more importantly us as fans are going to need it.

• Like 2

I think it sends out an odd message making a new signing captain straight away so i doubt it would be Richards, he needs to settle in first and get his form back up after an apparently patchy spell in Italy.

Clark, hmmmn? i think it's still a bit early for him. 

Gabby? Never Captain material, he can't motivate himself half the time let alone his team mates.

Westwood maybe?? 

Or maybe we need to sign one as all the obvious ones have done one! Delph, Cleverley, Vlaar, Given  etc

I actually think we now badly lack leaders in the team which is very odd considering TS keeps saying he wants a winning mentality here and yet all the players who had that are leaving!!

It is like something has changed isn't it, at the end of the season we had all this nonsense about Delph, Cleverley, Vlaar and Benteke all wanting to stay and stuff and then one by one off out the door they creep at the 1st opportunity! So clearly that was just BS from the club or something changed and what they were promised typically from Randys time hasn't materialised. Or maybe they were told there would be major new investment and thats changed?

Something stinks thats for sure.

I don't think much has changed at all really. Vlaar looks like he's been out of the door for months, I never saw anything to suggest Benteke definitely wanted to stay and likewise all I remember hearing about Delph recently was one poster who said he'd told him he was staying.

Edited by Mantis

How did any of those players have a particular winning mentality?

Well that's a fair point Mantis lol! By winning mentality i guess i meant in comparison with the rest of the team.. for example i would say Delph had more of a winning mentality than say Gabby, Nzogbia or Hutton... Maybe winning mentality is being too kind though.

I don't think much has changed at all really. Vlaar looks like he's been out of the door for months, I never saw anything to suggest Benteke definitely wanted to stay and likewise all I remember hearing about Delph recently was one poster who said he'd told him he was staying.

Though all sorts of stories were coming out to the contrary at the tail end of last season mentioned by TS no less personally

He has got a big job rebuilding this squad but I'd hope he has a few quid to do it.

Benteke (when he inevitably goes) and Delph brings in 40mill. Throw in Lowton, Weimann and the deadwood we have/will get rid of and you could be looking at somewhere between 45-50 mill in sales.

Bent, Given, Delph, Benteke, Vlaar, Cleverley, Weimann, Lowton and the others we have let go would be a saving of around 350k a week in wages.

I'd think we would have had around 15-20 mill to spend anyway and that there was some room with in the wage bill to add more to it before the sales so potentially we could have around 70mill to spend and 400 - 450k a week in wages.

All we have spent so far is the 9 mill on Gueye and the additional wages for Richards, Gueye and Bunn as Sinclair was here last season.

At the very least we need a left back, a striker, a midfielder and most likely a new keeper and centre back. The players we have been strongly linked with all look to be comfortably with in the budget we should have. For me the most important thing we need to get right is replacing Benteke with someone who will score 15-20 goals for us. That man could well be Austin and we should have the financial clout to go and get him now.

This is a huge test for Sherwood, Reilly and Fox but the payers we have signed so far and the players we have been strongly linked with give me hope that despite losing some very important players we can improve next season and Sherwood will be good to his words that we won't find ourselves in trouble again. Before a ball has been kicked and the transfer window is shut I certainly won't be throwing the towel in.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

He must wonder what he has walked into. He inherited a shambles, performed miracles in keeping us up and getting us to a cup final and then sees Cleverley, Vlaar, Delph and almost certainly Benteke leave.

Good luck Tim. You and more importantly us as fans are going to need it.

Every cloud...

I have never been in favour of wholesale changes.....but after the cup final and the Burnley game on top of the early part of the season......I felt clear out was necessary for us and the players, we have all become tired of poor performances, you can only do so much talking.

The cup final showed me that they were mentally shot.....never seen a team show up like that for such a big occasion with such a great crowd behind them. The players probably need to go to freshen themselves up.

It looks like Tim has had it forced on him by players who I think are also weary with the previous managements time.

Money will always play a big part.....but I think some of these players who can leave, have had enough of bottom of the table football. The only ones that will stay, are those that no body else wants.

Tim will find a way.....I don't think Ray Wilkins would have joined a lost cause.

We all need to move on and embrace the change.....what we are leaving behind hopefully was a nightmare.....we too as a club need to freshen it all up and all BMH cobwebs need to be blown away.

We will be back.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

After At least 4 seasons of demise.....There is not one player including Benteke that would bother me if they left.

It's a team game and it always will be

Let's treat it like one.

He has got a big job rebuilding this squad but I'd hope he has a few quid to do it.

Benteke (when he inevitably goes) and Delph brings in 40mill. Throw in Lowton, Weimann and the deadwood we have/will get rid of and you could be looking at somewhere between 45-50 mill in sales.

Bent, Given, Delph, Benteke, Vlaar, Cleverley, Weimann, Lowton and the others we have let go would be a saving of around 350k a week in wages.

I'd think we would have had around 15-20 mill to spend anyway and that there was some room with in the wage bill to add more to it before the sales so potentially we could have around 70mill to spend and 400 - 450k a week in wages.

All we have spent so far is the 9 mill on Gueye and the additional wages for Richards, Gueye and Bunn as Sinclair was here last season.

At the very least we need a left back, a striker, a midfielder and most likely a new keeper and centre back. The players we have been strongly linked with all look to be comfortably with in the budget we should have. For me the most important thing we need to get right is replacing Benteke with someone who will score 15-20 goals for us. That man could well be Austin and we should have the financial clout to go and get him now.

This is a huge test for Sherwood, Reilly and Fox but the payers we have signed so far and the players we have been strongly linked with give me hope that despite losing some very important players we can improve next season and Sherwood will be good to his words that we won't find ourselves in trouble again. Before a ball has been kicked and the transfer window is shut I certainly won't be throwing the towel in.

This is pretty much where I am right now. without the optimism of not being in another relegation scrap!!

Hes replaced the first teamers that have left like for like so far and theres an argument to say theyre all upgrades when you factor in wage/age/injury proneness as well as ability, so Im happy so far with Given - Bunn / Cleverley - Gueye / Weimann - Sinclair / Vlaar - Richards

I reckon we need to replace Bent in the squad ASAP - we've got Benteke, Gabby and Kozac who we can count as strikers and that aint enough for me so new stiker is a priority

So before anyone leaves we need a striker to "tread water" if you like, numbers wise

Shifting Helenius, Luna, Stevens, Lowton and Sylla is great and gives him a bit of room to move and if we go into the season without Tonev/Nzogbia/Bennett/Cissoko/Richardson/Cole/Steer/Senderos or Gardner here would anyone really care? I'm not saying theyre all off but I am saying they're all not good enough.

Well it's certainly going to be an interesting summer with the players coming and going. The unknown is quite exciting really

Bar relegation......could it really have got much worse in terms of the league.

Even some of our best players have been hit and miss.

Â