The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I was a massive detractor of Tim, make no bones about it...didn't want him at that time, to say I was thinking "oh FFS, wrong person...wrong time...not what we needed" is an understatement.  At the time I simply had all eyes on not being relegated, that would have thrown us back into the dark ages...I'm sure of it.

But he proved me wrong, and he brought about much more than just staying up - as someone else pointed out, he made me interested in watching my team for the football again.  Never thought that would be possible again, as I was only going to games to be with my old crew...

• Like 2

I still don't really like Sherwood as a person. I think if he was in charge of another club we'd all hate him, although he's easier to like when he's your manager.

But yeah, I think he's a bit of a dick.

But as DDID says, that's not really an attribute I put near the top of my list of what I want our manager to be.

I can't complain, on the whole, with what he's done on the pitch. And so far he looks to be making some decent moves in the transfer window if the hype around the players we're interested in comes true.

Keep it up, Tim.

Interesting, what don't you like about him as a person?....and do you know him, to not like him?

I still don't really like Sherwood as a person. I think if he was in charge of another club we'd all hate him, although he's easier to like when he's your manager.

But as DDID says, that's not really an attribute I put near the top of my list of what I want our manager to be.

I can't complain, on the whole, with what he's done on the pitch. And so far he looks to be making some decent moves in the transfer window if the hype around the players we're interested in comes true.

Keep it up, Tim.

Interesting, what don't you like about him as a person?....and do you know him, to not like him?

Should you not be judging his ability rather than him

Edited by TRO

I love the guy. It's been long overdue that we have someone who is cocky and full of confidence and is willing to bang our drum. Bring on more of the big club stuff and two fingers to the world. The banter, the win ratio.

We've been stuck in the basement of English football for year after year. People even ask me how long we've been in the prem for sometimes.

Keep it up Tim. You can only go one way because we are already flat bottom.

• Like 3

I think this will either go very well or explode in our faces spectacularly!

This team is not the best and this summer is critical to our future as a club. The speculation gives me hope, but it needs to become reality for us to move forward.

We were once one of the biggest clubs in the land, it is disgraceful for us to be languishing where we currently sit (below West Ham, Southampton......)

• Like 1

I love the guy. It's been long overdue that we have someone who is cocky and full of confidence and is willing to bang our drum. Bring on more of the big club stuff and two fingers to the world. The banter, the win ratio.

We've been stuck in the basement of English football for year after year. People even ask me how long we've been in the prem for sometimes.

Keep it up Tim. You can only go one way because we are already flat bottom.

Agree 100%

Personality wise, we haven't had a manager with his kind of charisma since Gregory. Makes a nice change to the last few dreary lot.

^this

DOL, MON, Houlier, McLeish & Lambert - a bunch of drone merchants who sort of spouted the party line at all times. Five men who could so easily have worked as bus drivers. At least Sherwood speaks his mind perhaps at the risk of the odd slap from the FA.

I'm not sure I'd fancy a pint with any of them but maybe it might be a bit of craic with Tim?

By no means is it cause to suggest it makes him a top manager but since we've gone through a period of "abstract Aston Villa", he's nothing if not galvanising. For the first time in a long long time the players are bouyed and that certainly should count for something.

Also winning, that's nice too.

Edited by ccfcman
  • Like 1

media love Tim too. That can only be a good thing for the clubs image.

Sure they do because he is new, fresh and good for a quote but more importantly he is winning.

It will change, especially when the results do, it is something he will need to be mindful of and tone down a little in time.

media love Tim too. That can only be a good thing for the clubs image.

Sure they do because he is new, fresh and good for a quote but more importantly he is winning.

It will change, especially when the results do, it is something he will need to be mindful of and tone down a little in time.

This. The media don't love Sherwood for any other reason than he is great for business. All well and good when we're doing well and everything is positive but his openness with the media could be an issue when times get tough.

Saying that though, It's minor IMO and something that he definitely seems to have already worked on since his time at Spurs.

Keep it up, Tim.

Interesting, what don't you like about him as a person?

I just think he's a massive cheeseball. He talks too much and most of the stuff he says makes me want to hide behind the sofa because it's so cringey. Like I said, it's easier to like him when he's our manager, all I'm saying is if he was managing someone else I think we'd all hate him. I know I would.

....and do you know him, to not like him?

No, of course I don't. I don't know anybody in the footballing world. Does that mean I'm not allowed an opinion on their personality? Even if that personality might not match the personality you'd perceive if you actually knew them?

Can you say you've never had an opinion on any footballer/manager's personality without knowing them personally? I doubt it

I am. Did you not read my post?

I love him so far - in the same way I loved Gregory - plus for us ladies, Tim is also a very nice bit of eye candy - and we haven't had any of that for a while either! :P

• Like 1

I love him so far - in the same way I loved Gregory - plus for us ladies, Tim is also a very nice bit of eye candy - and we haven't had any of that for a while either! :P

Bullshit...

article-2209617-150AF8BC000005DC-762_634

:puke:

• Like 1

was sceptical at first myself but when think about it he is the type of guy this club needed. We have had too many "nice" guys in charge like McLeish and Lambert and what you need at a club like Villa is an arrogant asshole in charge and not a man who is weighed down by the history of the club. Not on the same level yet (;)) but you never get Mourinho or Ferguson known as nice guys because they are ruthless

also not just Sherwood I include Fox in this as well, he has a ruthless streak I dont think Faulkner had

• Like 2

The fanbase connects to charismatic Villa bosses.

Think about it, Big Ron, Gregory and MON whereas the dour characters like Houllier, McLeish had little goodwill and Lambert was very lucky he followed McLeish. O'Leary had a very good first season but quickly lost support when he wouldn't stop banging on about small Squads and not competiting with Charlton.

Probably one exception to both lists is Brian Little.

Not saying Sherwood will do aswell as some of those listed but he's made a decent start and I'm fairly certain we'll score many more goals than last few seasons and have more exciting and dramatic matches.

Yes we'll get a hammering or two but when you think about it finishing 6th under MON we always used to get battered once a season, 5-0 at Liverpool, 7-1 at Chelsea, Man. United games etc.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 3

O'Leary had a very good first season but quickly lost support when he wouldn't stop banging on about small Squads and not competiting with Charlton.

a good honest bunch of lads

• Like 2

Keep it up, Tim.

Interesting, what don't you like about him as a person?

I just think he's a massive cheeseball. He talks too much and most of the stuff he says makes me want to hide behind the sofa because it's so cringey. Like I said, it's easier to like him when he's our manager, all I'm saying is if he was managing someone else I think we'd all hate him. I know I would.

....and do you know him, to not like him?

No, of course I don't. I don't know anybody in the footballing world. Does that mean I'm not allowed an opinion on their personality? Even if that personality might not match the personality you'd perceive if you actually knew them?

Can you say you've never had an opinion on any footballer/manager's personality without knowing them personally? I doubt it

I am. Did you not read my post?

After chatting to Tim, he thinks you're a bit of a boring bell piece, no banter. Banterless Stevo he calls you.

At least you both know where you stand now. Phewww! I wasn't looking forward to the awks moment at the staff do when you two bump into each other.

Guess he's only got his tactics left to win you over.

Â