The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

for me losing Delph isnt that big of a blow and getting Richards, Gueye and probably Amavi and Darder plus giving Gil a chance while losing Delph and Vlaar at the moment makes the 1st team look stronger

The Benteke replacement is obviously a huge thing but at the moment he isnt gone anywhere

adebayor on lesser wages and 3-4mil would be a short term solution think hed score goals for us but long term we need to buy alittle gem abit like when we signed tekkers. The main things is we dont piss silly money on wages for him and also a silly transfer fee, id take hime for no more than 4mil and 50k per week on a 2 year deal realistically he wont probably join for 50k hed want more but thats the figure id pay.

Tim knows how to get this guy to play and I trust tim to motivate the players, if lerner backs him we wil be ok if not then down we go.

Edited by villan501

I actually wouldn't blame him if he walked away.

Why should he? The club was powerless to prevent either player going. As long as he gets all thT money to build his own squad why should he quit? There is something like 50m for him I would love it if I was manager

I would only walk if they gave me a fraction of that money

df8e043499eeff0c2cc04caaaf4c6a0c.jpeg

• Like 2

On the plus side;

Sherwood now has an opportunity to build his own side a lot quicker. 

He's lost Given, Vlaar, Delph, Cleverly and most likely Benteke in the space of 6 months. The entire spine of the team needs replacing and instead of rebuilding the team over the course of 2 or 3 years, he's got a chance - and £40m quid, to do it almost immediately.

Any good manager would relish that challenge and I'm sure Tim will.

Exciting times.

• Like 2

I actually wouldn't blame him if he walked away.

Why should he? The club was powerless to prevent either player going. As long as he gets all thT money to build his own squad why should he quit? There is something like 50m for him I would love it if I was manager

I would only walk if they gave me a fraction of that money

df8e043499eeff0c2cc04caaaf4c6a0c.jpeg

I'm guessing you got OSN too right Stan???!!!lol. 

• Like 1

We need to follow Southampton and reinvest wisely and positively. Tim, aim for some top prospects and tell them we're looking at other top prospects!

If we can buy 3 £8m-£12m players (maybe one being Amavi), then there's always the chance that in 2 or 3 seasons time each of them could be looking to leave for £20m+, which is how all Premier League teams should be looking to improve.

I remember after the Cup Final, one VillaTalker saw Sherwood and asked him if thought Randy would spend money this summer, and Sherwood replied "Oh he'll spend, believe me!"

I'm positive that Sherwood can make us a better team, despite Wealth and Benteke leaving.

- We have a better manager than Lambert (imo), who wants to play on the front foot.

- We have Gueye, Richards and Gil (who seems like a new signing).

- Fingers crossed we'll have another £20m+ to invest.

• Like 1

I think it's been documented that Randy will spend as long as a good case can be put forward for spending the money, and I can't think of any better reason than looking at our 2 line-ups from yesterdays game and thinking 'shit just got real!'.

• Like 3

Dunno why, but today have this sinking feeling that Lerner won't release all the funds from sales. Can't explain, just woke up like that...based on nothing but past experiences.

I was all for benteke going, but the manager needs all that money in full. This is our last season to invest ahead of the curve, because next season everyone has money.

I really think he could do well for us as long as he's backed, that's my gut instinct...just have this niggling feeling Randy is gonna scupper things.

• Like 1

If by September 1st we have made a net profit from then transfer window, then that's a bigger indictment of the Lerner years than any shocking managerial appointment or sudden cutback in outgoings.

Disclaimer: If we sell Gabby for £200,000,000 to Citeh to fill their British quota, i will accept a net profit.

Â