Carles Gil

bose

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He's done ok for Deportivo. He's played half the games, not sure how many have been off the bench though, in a side that have struggled in the lower reaches of La Liga all season.

I can imagine a bottom half La Liga team signing him next season. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't particularly abdicate keeping him, especially against his wishes as we've all seen what a disengaged player can do to team morale - however I'm not sure I fully agree on this physicality excuse.

I think in the PL he was met with players who didn't just out muscle him, but who were more athletic and more intelligent than you get in this division.  You still have tricky little players who are good technically who thrive in the Championship... Ritchie and Knockhart prime examples (albeit they have greater pace), but also Jota at Brentford who strikes me as a similar type of player.

He isn't strong enough to play in the middle, but as a wide option against teams who come and sit back against us - where we need intricate passing to unlock a defence, i think him and Grealish offer that inside fwd option vs Green and Adomah who can play that bit wider when we need pace on the break.

If we don't get a decent offer in the summer, I'd rather bring him back than flog on the cheap - plus it may be that with Steve's arm round his shoulder and a much greater feeling of togetherness in the squad he finds it easier to fit in this time around.

2 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

I don't particularly abdicate keeping him, especially against his wishes as we've all seen what a disengaged player can do to team morale - however I'm not sure I fully agree on this physicality excuse.

I think in the PL he was met with players who didn't just out muscle him, but who were more athletic and more intelligent than you get in this division.  You still have tricky little players who are good technically who thrive in the Championship... Ritchie and Knockhart prime examples (albeit they have greater pace), but also Jota at Brentford who strikes me as a similar type of player.

He isn't strong enough to play in the middle, but as a wide option against teams who come and sit back against us - where we need intricate passing to unlock a defence, i think him and Grealish offer that inside fwd option vs Green and Adomah who can play that bit wider when we need pace on the break.

If we don't get a decent offer in the summer, I'd rather bring him back than flog on the cheap - plus it may be that with Steve's arm round his shoulder and a much greater feeling of togetherness in the squad he finds it easier to fit in this time around.

Good, Carles may have left us, but at least you're going nowhere.......

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Lost again. only won 6 games all season. Deportivo could still get relegated if Sporting Gijon can get on a run. Nobody is going to pay much for him.

Hasn't Gestede won one out of his last 45 Prem games or something and we got all our £6.5m back for him?  It's not as if Gil cost us very much anyway, plus I'd quite like to see him get a chance in pre-season.  If it doesn't work out then just take what we get offered for him.

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Hasn't Gestede won one out of his last 45 Prem games or something and we got all our £6.5m back for him?  It's not as if Gil cost us very much anyway, plus I'd quite like to see him get a chance in pre-season.  If it doesn't work out then just take what we get offered for him.

Premier league transfer are a whole lot more stupid than most leagues. We'd be lucky to get 3 million for Gil

He can be a supremely talented player in a creative sense......but he is limited.

when you see the players in the premiership who have similar skills they have so,so much more in their armoury.

That limited bit he has, can be detrimental and puts a burden on other players, particularly when we are without the ball.

He is like the curates egg......good in parts.

On 4/3/2017 at 16:26, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Good, Carles may have left us, but at least you're going nowhere.......

Not quite sure what word i was thinking of there.  I considered attempting a Partridge style "worth of boast worlds" explanation but gave up.

Anyway, moving on... chocolate oranges are available at Rawlinsons.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Wanted on a permanent transfer by Real Betis according to Sevilla paper Estadio Deportivo. 

No fee mentioned as far as my understanding of Spanish goes.

Deportivo La Coruna also wan't him, but on another season loan.

Edited by sne

6 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Link?

http://www.estadiodeportivo.com/estar-al-dia/2017/06/18/portada-estadio-deportivo-lunes/109356.html

La portada de ESTADIO Deportivo de este lunes

reloj.gif 19-06-2017 09:22

Nuestra primera página llega con la información referente a la ventaja que ha tomado el Betis para llevarse a Carles Gil, la aparición de un nuevo nombre, el de Hiljemark: la planificación del Sevilla, con un profundo análisis sobre el nuevo director deportivo, Óscar Arias; y la proeza de Pep Martí, quien espera poder dedicarle un posible ascenso a Antonio Puerta. Todo eso y mucho más, en la edición impresa de ESTADIO de este lunes. 

portada-lunes.gif

And.

http://sevilla.eldesmarque.com/real-betis/93969-la-decision-de-carles-gil-aleja-al-betis

A PESAR DEL INTERÉS DE SERRA, PREFIERE VOLVER AL DEPORTIVO

La decisión de Carles Gil aleja al Betis

Pulse para ampliar
carlesgil_depor.jpg
Carles Gil, en un partido ante el Valencia.

El futuro de Carles Gil, salvo giro inesperado, no parece estar en Heliópolis. A pesar del fuerte interés del Betis, y tras el visto bueno de Lorenzo Serra Ferrer, el extremo valenciano está más inclinado a continuar otra temporada en el Deportivo que a firmar por los verdiblancos.

El Deportivo ha acelerado las negociaciones con el Aston Villa para obtener la cesión de Carles Gil. Tras convencer a Pepe Mel y es visto tanto por el cuerpo técnico como por la dirección deportiva como un futbolista con condiciones diferenciales que todavía no ha terminado de explotar en A Coruña, puesto que en su primer año en Riazor los recurrentes problemas físicos de Gil lastraron la evolución del medio propiedad de los villanos sobre el césped herculino.

El Betis, mientras tanto, espera un cambio de opinión del jugador, después de estar en la agenda verdiblanca durante varias temporadas y uno de los nombres que Miguel Torrecilla tenía marcado en rojo para este verano.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

No further loan deal for me and if Betis want him they need to come up with a decent fee for him. If not, we need to remind the player when he is expected back for pre-season with us whether he likes it or not...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, John said:

No further loan deal for me and if Betis want him they need to come up with a decent fee for him. If not, we need to remind the player when he is expected back for pre-season with us whether he likes it or not...

Get rid - preferably permanently but a loan deal better than no deal - don't see him figuring for us again.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, John said:

We can't force a team to sign him. He's worth what someone is willing to spend so if it's only a loan then that's better than nothing. He has no future here.

Edited by villa89

Â