Carles Gil

bose

I find it baffling if Gil does leave, he was one of the first players Sherwood heaped praise on when he arrived, stating Gil could open a tin with his left foot it was that good.

I'm hoping Gil is retained and one of the players Sherwood alluded to, that weren't playing due to the style of play.

But that wouldn't make sense would it, because we've been playing not with ONE number 10 but TWO!

It couldn't possibly be more perfect for him as a formation really. 

I think he was alluding to Sinclair as a winger, sadly. 

• Like 2

I find it baffling if Gil does leave, he was one of the first players Sherwood heaped praise on when he arrived, stating Gil could open a tin with his left foot it was that good.

I'm hoping Gil is retained and one of the players Sherwood alluded to, that weren't playing due to the style of play.

Whether you agree with it or not, that is an eminently sensible post.

The most frustrating thing for me is the formation change, from having seen Gil play imo the 4-3-2-1 would be ideal for him rather than the 4-4-2 v Hull and Stoke we tried to shoe horn him into.

I suppose Sherwood would counter with that if Grealish is playing as one of the number 10s he wants a more pacier option the other side like CNZ or Gabby

The reality though is that Jack won't start all 38 games next season, he'll pick up an injury and also have a dip in form all young kids go through once opponents work them out. How nice would it be then for Gil to still be in the squad and then slot in when fatigue occurs?

The reality though is that Jack won't start all 38 games next season, he'll pick up an injury and also have a dip in form all young kids go through once opponents work them out. How nice would it be then for Gil to still be in the squad and then slot in when fatigue occurs?

Maybe Gil isn't reacting too well to being seen as back up for a 19 year old kid?

• Like 2

Maybe just maybe a new manager (TS) came in and didn't think Gil could do a good enough job in the formation he wanted.. It happens all the time, Mourinho shipped out Mata, who had been the leagues best player for the previous two years. Yes Chelsea can buy others but it happens all over

Back to the old days if we are not looking at keeping a player of Gil's capabilty. I think fans are pissed because we have needed that creative player for seasons before, now we have a bit of flair in the team the new manager seems he is not interested. Reminds me of O'neil when he would never bring a decent striker in, an we know how that ended.

• Like 2

Maybe just maybe a new manager (TS) came in and didn't think Gil could do a good enough job in the formation he wanted.. It happens all the time, Mourinho shipped out Mata, who had been the leagues best player for the previous two years. Yes Chelsea can buy others but it happens all over

If any other manager at Chelsea did this the Chelsea fans would hound him out. Mourinho is a proven winner, Chelsea are a rich club. We have neither.

Yeah, I read the comments the same way as the OP.

I think we will go to a 4-2-1-3 sort of format with two players sitting in front of the back four so that the full backs can get forward still. Gil will be the true number 10 behind the centre forward and the two wide forwards will be Grealish and Sinclair etc.

For me, the reason Gil hasn't played is because of the formation. He doesn't/didn't track runners and so was kind of a luxury. But, playing as a true number 10, he wouldn't have to track back and could concentrate on getting hold of the ball and opening up teams.

• Like 1

I think we will go to a 4-2-1-3 sort of format with two players sitting in front of the back four so that the full backs can get forward still. Gil will be the true number 10 behind the centre forward and the two wide forwards will be Grealish and Sinclair etc.

For me, the reason Gil hasn't played is because of the formation. He doesn't/didn't track runners and so was kind of a luxury. But, playing as a true number 10, he wouldn't have to track back and could concentrate on getting hold of the ball and opening up teams.

I hope so

Logically that sounds right, until you factor in that he didn't even make most of the squads. It really was strange. I hope he has a future with us.

Criminal if we let him go. Low transfer fee and no doubt low wages. Very un PC on this forum but a better player than Grealish at the moment.

• Like 1

Criminal if we let him go. Low transfer fee and no doubt low wages. Very un PC on this forum but a better player than Grealish at the moment.

on what basis? plus he has a 3 year headstart on Grealish

2 goals in 40 top flight games is not what I would call game changing stats that people were raving that the manager should go unless Gil plays

• Like 1

Â