Carles Gil

bose

The nonsense some people talk, honestly.  If you honestly think that players go from being injured for a number of weeks to going straight back into the match squad without even breaking into a light jog, you really do know nothing about football.

His exclusion had nothing to do with injury. Sherwood never even mentioned this injury until the Burnley game. He wasn't getting a look in before this supposed injury even took place. By most reports, he is one of the players Sherwood is keen to ship out.

You say Gil only started being excluded from the squad because of injury. So why didn't Sherwood mention it in his pre-match conference for QPR - the first game he was left out of the squad for? In fact, why was it never mentioned until the Burnley game? You are the one linking the two things by the looks of it. That the dead-leg picked in the U21 game was linked to the injury which Sherwood said ruled him out against Burnley. Or am I missing something?

• Like 4

For me it's clearly in the middle.

He obviously wasn't badly enough injured to not be involved for the rest of the season, as he was in full training for about 4 weeks.

But there clearly was an injury initially.

First injury. Then out of favour.

It can be a combination of both you know.

You honestly believe he was out for 6 weeks with a dead leg? When he was clearly training?

Could you please link to a report where it states that he was simply suffering from a dead leg?  You didn't even realise he was injured until a couple of weeks ago, and now even that's a lie to enhance your anti-Sherwood position.

Hahahahahaahahaha please show me where I have said that I am anti-sherwood. Absolute nonsense and you know it.

You said you were 100% against the appointment and that you didn't want someone with his ego at the club.  That seems pretty anti-sherwood.  The fact you seem to jump at any opportunity to criticise or make up a reason to have a moan about him seems to link back to how much you didn't want him to become our manager.

• Like 2

Crazy thought. What if Gill was signed by Lambert to come in and be a star player at a premier league club.  A few weeks later, Lambert is gone and the new manager has told him he needs to fight for his place and prove his worth.  Gill thinks this isn't what I signed up for, doesn't try hard in training, doesn't want rush to be 100% recovered from an injury and informs the club he'd like to leave.

Or are we only allowed to make up crazy theories if they're to have a pop at Sherwood?

• Like 1

FWIW we still dont know why he was dropped. Maybe he has an attitude problem for all we know

Their is a cult. I have seen him compared with David Silva and Messi and people saying they would prefer Gil here next season before Sherwood

Messi - nope, probably in jest. As Isa said, he is a Silva-esque player. Not comparing their ability though.

And your last comment, one person said that. And it's still being brought up 3 months later.

no it was on another Villa forum the comment was that he has potential to be as good as  :huh:

For me it's clearly in the middle.

He obviously wasn't badly enough injured to not be involved for the rest of the season, as he was in full training for about 4 weeks.

But there clearly was an injury initially.

First injury. Then out of favour.

It can be a combination of both you know.

You honestly believe he was out for 6 weeks with a dead leg? When he was clearly training?

Could you please link to a report where it states that he was simply suffering from a dead leg?  You didn't even realise he was injured until a couple of weeks ago, and now even that's a lie to enhance your anti-Sherwood position.

Hahahahahaahahaha please show me where I have said that I am anti-sherwood. Absolute nonsense and you know it.

You said you were 100% against the appointment and that you didn't want someone with his ego at the club.  That seems pretty anti-sherwood.  The fact you seem to jump at any opportunity to criticise or make up a reason to have a moan about him seems to link back to how much you didn't want him to become our manager.

Haha ok.

You have a real problem with people changing their mind. If they make a statement, that's their opinion forever and they can't change it. The 'gil sherwood' comment you constantly bring up is clear proof of this.

Sherwood did a fantastic job keeping us up. I've said that multiple times. Far more times than I've expressed doubts about him. I'll even find my posts for you because you conveniently omit any positive comments that I've said about Sherwood (of which there are more) when you use your flawless memory remembering posts.

But no, I'm not allowed to change my mind and my opinion is totally set in stone forever.

Edited by StefanAVFC

We'll see if/when he's sold I guess

None of that will change the facts of what I posted on the page before.

Seems fairly obvious to me that what you posted aren't facts, but instead guesses, and that if he's sold it certainly will cast quite a lot of doubt on your assumption that he only wasn't involved because of his epic battle against a dead leg. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

We'll see if/when he's sold I guess

None of that will change the facts of what I posted on the page before.

Seems fairly obvious to me that what you posted aren't facts, but instead guesses, and that if he's sold it certainly will cast quite a lot of doubt on your assumption that he only wasn't involved because of his epic battle against a dead leg. 

Yes, I guessed the fact that he was in every squad until he got injured.  Bizarrely, Soccerbase just happens to confirm my lucky guess.  The I had a similar random stab in the dark that he played in an U21 game against Wolves, and was taken off with an injury.  Amazingly, that guess also appears to agree with what actually happened.  Then around the Burnley match, the manager stated in an interview that he was injured.  Another guess on my part.  I'm going to start doing the lottery.

Haha ok.

You have a real problem with people changing their mind. If they make a statement, that's their opinion forever and they can't change it. The 'gil sherwood' comment you constantly bring up is clear proof of this.

Sherwood did a fantastic job keeping us up. I've said that multiple times. Far more times than I've expressed doubts about him. I'll even find my posts for you because you conveniently omit any positive comments that I've said about Sherwood (of which there are more) when you use your flawless memory remembering posts.

But no, I'm not allowed to change my mind and my opinion is totally set in stone forever.

You're happy to accuse him of lying though.

maybe he does but the media rarely reports about him

Who knows. That's why people are interested more. I like the player and think he has alot of talent. I think Sherwood was really harsh to not give him more chances and to sell him already as he hasn't had time to learn the language and adjust to life in England. He's still only a kid.. I have slight hope Sherwood keeps him around but am resigned to him leaving as I just don't think Sherwood rates him for whatever reason. It works for some players at some clubs and not at others. Some people like the icing on the cake and some take it off. Bad timing for Gil.

Sherwood seems like a MON style manager.. Let's see who replaces Gil and who he brings in.

Edited by KSV

1 person said it and it got huge amount of likes in about 5 minutes. Another person said that he didn't rate Sherwood because Sherwood didn't rate Gill.

Are you taking posts/likes on a forum post 100% seriously? I liked the comment because it made me laugh... 

Stil would prefer gil over sherwood though

Edited by gharperr

Â