Carles Gil

bose

Risso, you are spot on. He had 3 decent games for us, and he somehow created a cult around himself. I wonder why that wasn't the case with Kozak; he played half a season and scored many important goals.

I guess he wasn't as young and wasn't Spanish. I cant see other explenations.

Risso, you are spot on. He had 3 decent games for us, and he somehow created a cult around himself. I wonder why that wasn't the case with Kozak; he played half a season and scored many important goals.

Or maybe its because some people had heard of him before and knew the potential he had?

He was an exciting signing for us.

yeah but point was its OK being good against Chelsea and Liverpool with no pressure on but the real bread and butter was the Stoke and Hull and he wasnt up to it in them games

• Like 1

Because he's a flair player, a player that gets fans off their feet, a player that makes it look easy and ties opposition players in knots and he has end product. He had a lot more good moments than bad and was also a great free kick taker but I guess one bad game vs stoke when the tactics were more the problem means he isn't upto it eh...

did I say he wasnt up to it? In my opinion he is more then up to it. But I dont think this justifies his 'cult'.

I think the best piece of evidence for why Tim has chosen Nzog above Gil is in our second goal against liverpool in the semi. Please, watch it again, and tell me whether Gil would have stood a chance to win that ball.

FWIW we still dont know why he was dropped. Maybe he has an attitude problem for all we know

Their is a cult. I have seen him compared with David Silva and Messi and people saying they would prefer Gil here next season before Sherwood

Because he's a flair player, a player that gets fans off their feet, a player that makes it look easy and ties opposition players in knots and he has end product. He had a lot more good moments than bad and was also a great free kick taker but I guess one bad game vs stoke when the tactics were more the problem means he isn't upto it eh...

did I say he wasnt up to it? In my opinion he is more then up to it. But I dont think this justifies his 'cult'.

I think the best piece of evidence for why Tim has chosen Nzog above Gil is in our second goal against liverpool in the semi. Please, watch it again, and tell me whether Gil would have stood a chance to win that ball.

One example of zogbia winning a ball back? Doesn't justify anything, there's countless examples of how shit zogbia has been which proves a lot more and imo shows that Sherwood was wrong to stick with zogbia over Gil. I like to see attacking players actually creating chances and scoring, also helps when they can hold onto the ball for more than 2 touches.

FWIW we still dont know why he was dropped. Maybe he has an attitude problem for all we know

Their is a cult. I have seen him compared with David Silva and Messi and people saying they would prefer Gil here next season before Sherwood

He's been likened to Silva in that they are a similar mould of player, which they are. Most players are likened to others, it happens all the time.

The vast majority of pro-Gil posts (shall we say) are more in bewilderment at his complete exclusion after the sum total of one game under this manager. Unless there has been some sort of falling out behind-the-scenes, it just can't be rationalised.

Please look at my post on the previous page.  He was in every squad until the first week in April, when he picked up an injury.  

Â