Carles Gil

bose

I just hope TS gives Gil a chance in pre-season and isn't prejudiced towards him

Not saying we would have won with him in the team but he 'could' have made a difference.

I do not think he would have been worse than the invisible zog.

He wouldn't have won us the game, but at 1-0 or 2-0 we needed to do something different, and like for like subsitutions did **** all.

I would have liked to see something different tried, and Gil is one of those options.

Yup would of been a much better sub than bring a defender on! Dare I say it, I thought Richardson was actually doing well for once!

Should of taken off nzogbia or grealish as neither were impacting the game.

• Like 1

I wasn't bothered whilst we were winning, but we have lost three games and looked weak in attack (Gabby and N'Zogbia mainly). I am not sure why Gil wasn't given a chance, even to rest Grealish against Burnley!

I really would have liked to see how a team with Grealish & Gil playing behind Benteke had looked. Think it could have been exciting.

Sadly I will never know

Sherwood said we needed to look at different ways of playing for those that weren't getting in the side.

I'm hoping he meant Gil, but not holding my breath.

I can only conclude he either didn't want to be here anymore after the manager who signed him quickly got sacked so he felt isolated and vulnerable or Sherwood took instant dislike to how he played v Stoke that he decided he wasn't for him that very night.

It is really bizarre though when you look at the amount of poor players we have throughout our squad and yet Gil is the one who gets excluded from the group.

Cissokho aswell, he's not great but he's not the worst left back I've ever seen for us, especially some of the jokers we've had playing there in the last 5 years and he's another in the Isolation ward.

• Like 2

Â