Carles Gil

bose

I will be massively disappointed if he leaves this summer, the type of player we craved for years, comes into the team, looks every bit a good player, then cast aside. I can't agree with Sherwood on this one if he does go, I'd much rather see him play ahead of N'Zogbia and Cole.

• Like 3

This is the only thing I don't believe in about Sherwood's reign so far. I just don't get it at all. It's like Mathieu Berson mk II. Remember we spent ages trying to sign him, played well in a few games then was cast aside forever?

This is the only thing I don't believe in about Sherwood's reign so far. I just don't get it at all. It's like Mathieu Berson mk II. Remember we spent ages trying to sign him, played well in a few games then was cast aside forever?

Difference being as well that Gil is actually good player and highly rated. Berson was not even that which makes it even more bizarre.

• Like 1

Going

I've seen this in a couple of threads now. Seems to me if Sherwood thinks these are the poor players we should be getting rid of, then he must have some serious issues with Paddy Reilly, because players like Gil are surely the ones that he has been suggesting we bring in.

His cameo v Liverpool showed promise ,his stinker v Hull showed he may not be suited to life in the prem

Saying that I wouldn't mind seeing him and Grealish both line up in the starting eleven( Delph and Cleverley as the 2 centre players doing the hunt and destroy role ) and see what they could create ...

He hasn't even been here 6 months. The least Sherwood could do is give him the Summer. Writing off a player after 5 Premier League games when most were good performances is madness. So many players struggle in the first 6 months getting used to the pace. He's a young lad who left his home country to give it a go without knowing the language. He deserves a pre season. I would be gobsmacked if he is sold or not used in pre season. I hope he's given another season and an actual run of games...

Edited by KSV

His cameo v Liverpool showed promise ,his stinker v Hull showed he may not be suited to life in the prem

Saying that I wouldn't mind seeing him and Grealish both line up in the starting eleven( Delph and Cleverley as the 2 centre players doing the hunt and destroy role ) and see what they could create ...

Was our best player by a mile in that Hull game IMO.

I will be massively disappointed if he leaves this summer, the type of player we craved for years, comes into the team, looks every bit a good player, then cast aside. I can't agree with Sherwood on this one if he does go, I'd much rather see him play ahead of N'Zogbia and Cole.

Be massively disappointed....The Times are quoting that Gil has been made available for transfer and told to find another club. I can't believe it, but Sherwood must have seen something he didn't like. If you look closely at the pre-FA cup final training video the club put on YouTube you can see the guys warming up. Gil isn't sprinting anywhere near as hard as the other guys - he knows he's out.

Edited by Silafou's_besi_mate

Was our best player by a mile in that Hull game IMO.

Yeah, he really hasn't had a bad game for us. Hull was just the first game where he didn't set the actual world on fire.

Be massively disappointed....The Times are quoting that Gil has been made available for transfer and told to find another club. I can't believe it, but Sherwood must have seen something he didn't like. If you look closely at the pre-FA cup final training video the club put on YouTube you can see the guys warming up. Gil isn't sprinting anywhere near as hard as the other guys - he knows he's out.

is that quoting Sherwood? Not really suprised if true...  makes me wonder what type of players he will be bringing if he doesnt rate this fella.

Â