Carles Gil

bose

It's not the time for trying new things. We're trying to get safe. We don't owe it to Gil to try him out at the moment. There's too much at stake. The current set up is working really really well. It would be madness to break it up at such an important time of the season just to give Gil a chance.

It's the same with Sinclair, while he was injured the players who were playing performed excellently so you have to spend some time on the bench.

The summer is coming up and there's a chance to get into Sherwood's plans with a full season ahead rather than just a relegation scrap. If he or any other player spits the dummy out and wants to leave before then then good riddance.

• Like 1

If it isn't broke don't fix it

Gil has become surplus to requirements right now because there are simply players in form right now contributing to us getting results that have done nothing to deserve to be dropped

Edited by AshVilla

Watching the short clip from AVTV after the semi-final. Gil looks out of place, he doesn't seem to share the elation that everyone else is feeling, I'm not sure he has formed friendships within the squad-It seems to me that for whatever reason, he isn't fitting in. Whether Sherwood has had something to do with this, I don't know but for me, I can't see any way back for Gil. If he's this far down the pecking order, what chance when Sherwood brings his own players in?

atm i couldn`t give a flying fekk about gil, i just want us to stay in prem.

I do think he is a good player though and someone we should hold on too, but right now is no one i would drop for him to make the team

• Like 1

I do think he is a good player though and someone we should hold on too, but right now is no one i would drop for him to make the team

no-one is saying anyone should be dropped, but Gil should be on the bench. With Gabby coming back and even possibly Gardener and Kozak getting a look in I can't see Gil getting a sniff.

Edited by VillanousOne

Watching the short clip from AVTV after the semi-final. Gil looks out of place, he doesn't seem to share the elation that everyone else is feeling, I'm not sure he has formed friendships within the squad-It seems to me that for whatever reason, he isn't fitting in. Whether Sherwood has had something to do with this, I don't know but for me, I can't see any way back for Gil. If he's this far down the pecking order, what chance when Sherwood brings his own players in?

I'm not surprised he's struggled to fit in. He probably barely speaks much English, that's where managers have to help them out. I know he was Lambert's signing but surely anyone can see he has great potential. I really hope Sherwood gives him a bit of a boost before the season is out because from what I've seen, he would actually fit in perfectly to the style of play that Tim has introduced. It must be soul destroying not to even make the bench having left Valencia. For one game, I think it was QPR, we had two full backs and a centre half on the bench but no place for a livewire like Gil.

• Like 1

There is no justification for playing him any more. The players that are playing have been magnificent. Gil is technically very good but it seems he is surplus to requirements and you can't blame Sherwood as Gil was a lambert signing anyway.

• Like 1

Yep. We'll probably sell Gabby, cissokho, senderos, Clark, baker, kozak and Sinclair in the summer. They're all surplus to requirements by that logic.

There is no justification for playing him any more. The players that are playing have been magnificent. Gil is technically very good but it seems he is surplus to requirements and you can't blame Sherwood as Gil was a lambert signing anyway.

Who knows, Gil might even improve our game.

I'm not saying that he could, just that he might.  The fact that a team is playing well doesn't mean it couldn't play better. I'm not suggesting players being dropped to make room for him, but to give him a chance from the bench every now and then, to involve him in what is Aston Villa. As things are right now he might as well not be one of our players.

Ssssooooooooo . . . .? 

puzzled-look.jpg]

Edited by HanoiVillan

Sorry Paul but lol, until Sherwood can buy players the majority will be Lambert signings but I get the point mate.

Gil isn't finished at Villa, from the little we saw he has a lot of talent but Sherwood has got this team playing really well without him. Next season I hope he can show everyone how good he is, although I think a certain Jack Grealish will give a run for his money. Finally we have 2 players who IMO are good enough to play the N.10 role.

no-one is saying anyone should be dropped, but Gil should be on the bench. With Gabby coming back and even possibly Gardener and Kozak getting a look in I can see Gil getting a sniff.

I don't think Gil should be on the bench, the players that Sherwood has had in the squads have performed well enough. Gil was very poor against Hull and Stoke in his last two appearances and I suspect he hasn't shown much in training either. Seem to remember Sherwood saying he would pick players who show commitment on the training pitch when he first came in

Sinclair and gabby both deserve to be ahead of Gil.

I'd add Grealish and Nzogbia to that list too even though I know your not really allowed to like Nzogbia

Sorry Paul but lol, until Sherwood can buy players the majority will be Lambert signings but I get the point mate.

Gil isn't finished at Villa, from the little we saw he has a lot of talent but Sherwood has got this team playing really well without him. Next season I hope he can show everyone how good he is, although I think a certain Jack Grealish will give a run for his money. Finally we have 2 players who IMO are good enough to play the N.10 role.

Why are you all jumping on Paul? He just said that there's no reason why Gil should be playing now. I haven't seen him wanting Gil to be sold like some of you are now suggesting. How do you come to this conclusion from Paul's post I'll never know.

no-one is saying anyone should be dropped, but Gil should be on the bench. With Gabby coming back and even possibly Gardener and Kozak getting a look in I can see Gil getting a sniff.

I don't think Gil should be on the bench, the players that Sherwood has had in the squads have performed well enough. Gil was very poor against Hull and Stoke in his last two appearances and I suspect he hasn't shown much in training either. Seem to remember Sherwood saying he would pick players who show commitment on the training pitch when he first came in

Apart from Sherwood saying Gil had been good in training.

Without any absolute statements coming from Sherwood, the club, Gil or his agent then we are all dancing round a grey area, some desperate not to say anything anti-Sherwood or that reflects the players currently delivering and those who just want to see a player who showed some potential given a chance.

People can love Sherwood, love the players that are playing well and ALSO want to see Gil get a chance and do well, the two don't need to be controversial or mutually exclusive.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

Â