Carles Gil

bose

I for one am very happy he's not playing, as I can't wait for the "it's like a new signing!" comments to flood through in 5-6 months time when he starts a game. Always something that's made me laugh, no idea why. Maybe the beer makes it funnier than it really is

Just because we are winning doesnt mean we cant discuss a player that Could add something to the squad

Gil displayed in hes short time here that he has more skill than the zog and a goal threat

and even if he didnt he still deserves the bench space of weimann who has been gash for two seasons now

The new Jean Maukon?

I'd say the new Mathieu Berson. Was playing really well when he was perplexingly dropped.

But I'm not complaining. Manager's call and we're playing brilliantly without him.

Well we're winning so Sherwood isnt answerable to anyone atm, he's doing his job, very well. He knows his reasons for not playing Gil and I trust his judgement. However I do feel sorry for Gil at being left in the cold like this. But as I said, winning solves everything.

The new Jean Maukon?

The difference would be Gil was actually good when he played.

Trouble is, the only time he tried to play the sort of football Sherwood prefers, he was not very good at it.

He's had 60 minutes of game time since Sherwood came. Hardly much to judge?

I bet he will get a run out against Burnley if we are guaranteed safe. Whatever reason Sherwood has for not playing Gil is probably a sound one. We are winning with his selections, so I am happy. Sorry for Gil, but maybe a preseason with Sherwood can turn him into a starter? 

Â