Carles Gil

bose

**** me, is it obligatory for the Gil thread to be trending whenever we have had a win without him?

If we were losing matches I would understand it.

Villa fans talking about a Villa player on a Villa forum shocker

A player who hasn't featured for months.

On a day when we've taken a huge step toward safety and the trending thread is one based on a player who isn't involved, suppose we have to find something to moan about don't we.......

I dont see anyone moaning other than people moaning about this thread.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Maybe if we're safe going into the last game he'll give him as run out, if we need to rest some players 

**** me, is it obligatory for the Gil thread to be trending whenever we have had a win without him?

On a day when we've taken a huge step toward safety and the trending thread is one based on a player who isn't involved, suppose we have to find something to moan about don't we.......

Repeatedly asking the same question week in week out despite the team winning constitutes moaning for me.

He's not on the bench because the manager doesn't want him to be. He's not the first and won't be the last decent player that doesn't suit what the manager wants.

If he goes, so what? We're going places with Sherwood.

Repeatedly asking the same question week in week out despite the team winning constitutes moaning for me.

I think i'm going to keep asking it even when he's playing just to annoy you

• Like 2

He's not on the bench because the manager doesn't want him to be. He's not the first and won't be the last decent player that doesn't suit what the manager wants.

If he goes, so what? We're going places with Sherwood.

bit of a contradiction there 'decent player' surely 'if a decent player goes' it wouldn't be 'so what' 

my position and this is my opinion only (i've posted in four other threads praising players this evening), but under Lambert even under O'Neill we had a surplus of players not fancied, not playing yet always a group of fans hoping they might. Weird agendas like the bomb squad which utterly failed.

who could forget classic hits such as Shorey, Luke Young, Beye, NRC

more recent remixes - Bent, Ireland, Zog, Given, Hutton, Helenius

anyway that doesn't relate that closely to Gil or Sherwood, well not yet anyway, i'm just saying that I want all the players we buy and make up our squad to get a chance.

I like Gil, I want him to do well. I haven't given up on Weimann, I have no issue with Cole and Senderos getting a chance or any other player. I would hope some of the players loaned out come back and get a chance.

Doesn't mean I'm not proud of how the team are playing now and overjoyed with what Sherwood is doing. I trust his judgement and if Gil doesn't cut it or is sold then that's a massive shame but there you go, that's the decisions the manager has to make.

For all I know Gil has trained badly or showed a bad attitude, or did have the hissy fit suggested when not picked for the QPR game, it might be that he doesn't fit in the team the way Sherwood wants to play... yet. Grealish, Gabby, Sinclair and Zog have all done enough to keep starting or keep being involved. But I hope there is a place for Gil soon as what little we've seen of him looked impressive for a player coming from a foreign country with English not his first language. Even Tekkers took a while to adjust to British football.

Edited by VillanousOne

We are winning games, so for all I care, Gil could be on the moon. I don't give a toss.

read a different thread t

It would be nice to but people keep pushing this one to the top.

Ahhh...    :huh:

• Like 1

Chaps, the Scott Sinclair thread has been bumped. People asking why he wasn't on the bench today.

You'd all better trot off there and have a go at the people posting about it. The AUDACITY of them to wonder why a player didn't make the bench!!!

Don't they know you're not allowed to question why a player isn't in the squad if we win?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

I'll just drop in my weekly, he should be in the team as he's a good footballer.

It pains me to think how much this side would suit him now, and how much he'd suit this side.

I'll just drop in my weekly, he should be in the team as he's a good footballer.

It pains me to think how much this side would suit him now, and how much he'd suit this side.

Exactly. How can Tim Sherwood and the coaching staff, who see him in training every week, and assess who should be in the first eleven and on the bench, not understand the OBVIOIUS truth????

• Like 1

the thing is some players dont fit a managers system or style. Its not just Sherwood but happens to Mourinho and Fergusons and every other manager of this world too so maybe that is what it is. Gil hardly pulled up trees at Valencia or even Elche so im not sure he would have made as much of a difference in our relegation battle

We are winning games, so for all I care, Gil could be on the moon. I don't give a toss.

read a different thread t

It would be nice to but people keep pushing this one to the top.

Ahhh...    :huh:

You don't actually HAVE TO click on it. 

Chaps, the Scott Sinclair thread has been bumped. People asking why he wasn't on the bench today.

You'd all better trot off there and have a go at the people posting about it. The AUDACITY of them to wonder why a player didn't make the bench!!!

Don't they know you're not allowed to question why a player isn't in the squad if we win?

:) We're not at that stage there yet Stevo. We think he's suffered a set back.

If we are safe next weekend I'd play a weakened side against Burnley. Gil Robinson Sinclair Senderos etc all should start IMO but at the minute Sherwood is picking the right team simply because it's playing well and winning! It still baffles me why after every game when nothing's changed though why people are that concerned with Gil. He's not the messiah he's probably been a very naughty boy and is not being picked.

Â