Carles Gil

bose

I got to be honest it is not until I pop my head into Villa Talk and see his thread that I think about Gil. At the game yesterday him not being on the bench didn't even cross my mind. I can't even recall over the last half dozen or so games where I thought I wish Gil was playing or an option off the bench. I guess that is a sign of how well things have been going lately and I just hope that continues to be the case.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

My last comment at this stage on this thread.

I and as far as I can tell no-one else is saying that this isn't the right platform to discuss Carles Gil, so wind your necks in on that.

The question from me and others however is why on a weekend when the following threads should be trending.........:

Shay Given

Leandro Bacuna

Ron Vlaar

Jores Okore

Kieran Richardson

Ashley Westwood

Tom Cleverly

Fabian Delph

Charles N'Zogbia

Jack Grealish

Christian Benteke

Alan Hutton

Gabby Agbonlahor

Carlos Sanchez

.........are we talking about Carles Gil?

That's my only point, not disputing that this is the wrong place to be discussing it but rather, IMO, the wrong time.

There has been a small section of posters calling for him to be in the starting XI / matchday squad over recent weeks and questioning Tim Sherwood's decision making off the back of it, right now I find it hard to believe that anyone could question his decision making.

My last comment at this stage on this thread.

I and as far as I can tell no-one else is saying that this isn't the right platform to discuss Carles Gil, so wind your necks in on that.

The question from me and others however is why on a weekend when the following threads should be trending.........:

Shay Given

Leandro Bacuna

Ron Vlaar

Jores Okore

Kieran Richardson

Ashley Westwood

Tom Cleverly

Fabian Delph

Charles N'Zogbia

Jack Grealish

Christian Benteke

Alan Hutton

Gabby Agbonlahor

Carlos Sanchez

.........are we talking about Carles Gil?

That's my only point, not disputing that this is the wrong place to be discussing it but rather, IMO, the wrong time.

There has been a small section of posters calling for him to be in the starting XI / matchday squad over recent weeks and questioning Tim Sherwood's decision making off the back of it, right now I find it hard to believe that anyone could question his decision making.

Because people like you keep the thread going by moaning about a couple of posts in it.

Don't stop though, or you'll have nothing to moan about.

If he was on the bench, would people complain? If not, some of the comments in here are very odd. Is seeing him sit on the bench something that makes that big of a difference to you?

Nobody is moaning.

A couple of people have questioned why he isn't getting on the bench when people like Weimann are. But that's it.

The only moaning is coming from the bizarre posts complaining about people talking about Carles Gil in the Carles Gil thread.

Edited by Stevo985

We are playing well at the moment. But does it mean Sherwood can't do anything wrong?

I would like Gil to get more chances. I hope Tim just wants more PL experience in the relegationfight and give him a go next season.

Edited by Eric

Seriously, go back and check after the game yesterday. There was 4 posts in this thread, and the closest thing to a moan was someone wondering if he should be on the bench instead of Weimann.

Then briny came in and started crying because someone dared to post in the thread and that's what has caused all the posts.

• Like 2

If he was on the bench, would people complain? If not, some of the comments in here are very odd. Is seeing him sit on the bench something that makes that big of a difference to you?

Are you going to ask this question in the Sinclair thread too?

If he's on the bench, he has the potential to come on as a sub (which pretty much everybody who hasn't been starting had the opportunity to do) and potentially show he is worthy of being in the starting XI. If he's not on the bench, there is no chance he can make an appearance. Even if he doesn't come on for whatever reason, it at least signifies that he's in Sherwood's plans in some capacity. Being left out of the matchday squad every week sort of gives the opposite impression don't you think?

Are you going to ask this question in the Sinclair thread too?

If people were to keep questioning it after every game for months, probably.

Â